Training Camp - 8/3 - 9:45am

The Wiz

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Milano plays over 90% of the snaps on defense so unless he has to miss time due to injury then Williams might not get his number called much. Secondly, didn’t they draft Bernard last year to be depth behind Milano? 

Seems like drafting Bernard and Williams in the 3rd round and consecutive years is redundant.

Sigh, every draft / season changes the team dynamics…,  constant tweaking of positions is a constant, it is a thing that happens league wide, not every position has a Josh Allen level player doing the job,  Sure it can be frustrating when we aren’t in the conversation as to why things happen, but that’s the life of a fan, 

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Think that's the first time I've heard him running with the second team (at least reported).

I heard he's been playing with the 1st and sometimes 2nds and scarcely coming off for a sip of water. 

They seem to be pushing to get him all the reps they safely can (and maybe more than, though Rochester is a relatively good environment for moderate heat/humidity

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, eball said:

As nice as it is to hear good things about Ray, I refuse to allow myself to be baited into believing he will make this team.  His path is simply unprecedented.  If it happens, I’ll gladly enjoy the rewards…but right now I’m a “I’ll believe it when I see it” guy in this respect.

He's perfect for the practice squad though. He can have a shot that way

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

And this is where we sit with Shakir.  He's not a bad player, but depending upon him as our #3 (just like depending upon Davis as our #2) puts the Bills at a stark disadvantage at WR vs a handful of teams with 2 or even 3 top WR.  

The only guy on the team last season who could consistently make that "ooohs" and "aaaahs" catch was Diggs.  Hopefully Kincaid joins him.

• Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Milano plays over 90% of the snaps on defense so unless he has to miss time due to injury then Williams might not get his number called much. Secondly, didn’t they draft Bernard last year to be depth behind Milano? 

Seems like drafting Bernard and Williams in the 3rd round and consecutive years is redundant.

Milano has missed time with injuries, and no they drafted Bernard to play potentially at MLB as well.  

Again, I think you missed the point of the rest of my previous response where the focal point is that it’s way too early right now to conclude any long term plans for him.  They are looking at guys who have some experience first and trying not force the rookie to learn 2 positions right now.  He very much was drafted as a potential MLB as well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like Elam and Jackson are both having excellent days today. Good problem to have.

I think when the dust settles, and barring any long term injury (knock on wood), the Bills will have the best secondary in football this season.

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.