Training Camp - 8/3 - 9:45am

The Wiz

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Only if Dorsey is smart enough to use them.  Knox had 9 TD's in 2021 and Dorsey came in and forgot he was on the roster until the back half of the season where he finally used him in the redzone more and finished the year with 6 TD's.  

This is my biggest concern going into the season, Dorseys struggles on how he used players, getting them involved, not maximizing their strengths etc.  And not getting Knox more involved as a weapon in the passing game while the slot position and Gabe were sputtering was one of the more head scratching things.  Same with not getting guys like Cook or Hines more involved in the game as receivers.  

I really feel like our season this year will be all about our coordinators...Dorsey and McD.  The talent is on this roster, but its going to be about Dorseys growth as an OC, he just has to be better for this team and offense to get more consistent.  And how will the defense respond with McD taking over the defense.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not really though...one you still need depth behind Milano, and two, that may be where they are playing him now with the intent to try and move him to MLB later.  For example, when they drafted Benford they admitted it was with the thought that he could also possibly move to safety too.  So, just saying we don't know the plan or intent for Dorian yet, he hasn't even gone through a practice with pads yet.  

Plus, its more likely they want to see the guys who have more experience there first given its the more difficult and complicated LB position to learn.  And they previously voiced confidence in one of those other guys potentially being Edmunds replacement even before the draft.  

So I wouldn't read too much into him playing WLB right now, it's really early and don't think it means too much at this stage on what their long term hope or plan for him is.  

Milano plays over 90% of the snaps on defense so unless he has to miss time due to injury then Williams might not get his number called much. Secondly, didn’t they draft Bernard last year to be depth behind Milano? 

Seems like drafting Bernard and Williams in the 3rd round and consecutive years is redundant.

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Im not panicking nor did I expect him to be our starting MLB right away, if at all. I just don’t see a path for him to get on the field and contribute outside of ST.

Injury to Milano or rest breaks for Milano.  This is a very good team with few starting spots available for rookies.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Milano plays over 90% of the snaps on defense so unless he has to miss time due to injury then Williams might not get his number called much. Secondly, didn’t they draft Bernard last year to be depth behind Milano? 

Seems like drafting Bernard and Williams in the 3rd round and consecutive years is redundant.

And where is Bernard now?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

He may not win the CB2 job but you need to articulate your thoughts better. You never even suggested regular season here

If you know anything about football, I wouldn't have to "articulate" that I meant the regular season. Please tell us when a player sat for the training camp and preseason?  It's absurd. 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Fighting for a job at MLB that I don’t expect him to win. 

The point is, he started as the backup WLB last season, and if he doesn't win, he's at least the backup MLB.  Or maybe backing up both.

And maybe he'll put on some beef and win the job next season.  Or maybe he won't.  But the team won't hit the shot they don't take.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I wonder how many during/in game injuries he's incurred? Critical games where his talents were needed. Need to have an option when this happens

If you're wondering how many snaps during games he's actually missed, this information is readily available at sites like

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2022.htm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.