Training Camp 7/28 9:45 am

Beck Water

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Sounds like the Bills are living rent free in their heads…😉👍

You gotta remember they had all but Dalton Kincaids Jersey ready to go in Dallas on draft night at the Bills jumped up to steal him leaving their draft room totally silent. 
They hate the Bills down there so weird cause they rarely play each other. I admit you can practically hear them dipping skoal watching nascar in the backround when you listen to them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I might just exclusively post about Dalton Kincaid for the rest of the offseason.

Same. Not just about how he looks as a passing target, but it looks like his arrival has turned on the creative juices. Diamond formation? I've never heard of that before. Crazy presnap motion to get mismatches that jailbreak Diggs? Yes please.

We don't need a hyper efficient offense, we need to let Josh be able to pick a matchup he knows his guy will dominate 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BritishBill said:

Has Justin Shorter featured much/at all at camp so far?

Someone said yesterday that he had had a few reps with the 1’s, including a goal-line play, and that he looks the part so far. 

Today I heard he was on the juggs machine early on in practice.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I legitimately think this will be our base set. Not to say there won't be wrinkles and situation sets but if the offense is clicking and we want to trap the defense in hurry up I see 12 as the one we keep trying to impose our wil with.

The fact that we can switch it to 21 or 11 to attack a mismatch makes too much sense to me

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

The morons on Dallas radio have a segment coming up on their redneck show about how buffalo is on the verge of a collapse.

these guys think dak is way better than allen by the way.

if anyone needs a laugh and wants to watch.

I have enjoyed the heck out of four straight years of bragging rights and the trash talk it has afforded over the Cowgirl fans I work with!!!

Beating them again this year is huge 😜

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Someone said yesterday that he had had a few reps with the 1’s, including a goal-line play, and that he looks the part so far. 

Today I heard he was on the juggs machine early on in practice.  

Day 1 Astro (Dean Kindig) reported that he had a pass from Kyle Allen miss him, and he was unable to come down with a throw from Josh in the EZ.

But, it's early yet.  It's promising I think that he's at least getting some reps with the 1's

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I really really hate to say this, but at this point I almost feel as though any win against Spencer Brown needs an asterisk.

It’s a game of matchups.  Looks like Dorsey is figuring that out and putting emphasis on them 👍🏻 👍🏻 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I really really hate to say this, but at this point I almost feel as though any win against Spencer Brown needs an asterisk.

It'd be worth watching who exactly is getting by Brown, if Groot is one of the only ones doing it consistently then at the very least Brown is better than he was last year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I have enjoyed the heck out of four straight years of bragging rights and the trash talk it has afforded over the Cowgirl fans I work with!!!

Beating them again this year is huge 😜

Parsons vs Spencer 😢 

25 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Same. Not just about how he looks as a passing target, but it looks like his arrival has turned on the creative juices. Diamond formation? I've never heard of that before. Crazy presnap motion to get mismatches that jailbreak Diggs? Yes please.

We don't need a hyper efficient offense, we need to let Josh be able to pick a matchup he knows his guy will dominate 

We just need Spencer to not get beat.

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Is it correct to view, through three days of practice, the battle for WR3 & WR4…

Sherfield ⬆️ 

Harty ⬆️ 

Shakir ⬇️

??

It looks that way for now. However I expected a vet like Sherfield to look the part early. Once the pads stay on and it's more live action reps I expect him to slide just a tad. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Is there any chance you guys might like to start a "Morons in Dallas Rent Headspace to Josh Allen" thread and leave this one for discussing training camp?

Please and Thank you!

And the first comment being, “ Did this really need its own thread😕?”

• Like (+1) 1

Only saw a brief bit but Spector got some first team reps when I was there. Diggs was in the backfield on one play.

Seems like they aren't afraid to put playmakers in backfield that aren't just running backs. I like it.

Elam got some first team reps too.

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Is it correct to view, through three days of practice, the battle for WR3 & WR4…

Sherfield ⬆️ 

Harty ⬆️ 

Shakir ⬇️

??

Shakir's dropsies are concerning to say the least. 

Dude better get his head and hand-eye coordination in place. 

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Shakir's dropsies are concerning to say the least. 

Dude better get his head and hand-eye coordination in place. 

There’s a reason why Shakir dropped to the 5th round of the draft. The high expectations around him by fans have been ridiculous!

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

anyone having issues with this twitter rate thing. I can only browse for a few minutes..

Yes! It’s a PITA. I hardly even go on Twitter yet I still hit my tweet “limit” long before the 600 tweets I’m supposed to be able to read. I can’t even go back more than a few dozen tweets on my own Twitter timeline. I wanted to find a Bills tweet I shared less than 2 weeks ago but couldn’t even do that.

13 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

There’s a reason why Shakir dropped to the 5th round of the draft. The high expectations around him by fans have been ridiculous!

I can understand some fans high hopes. 

Gabe Davis was a 4th rounder in a stacked WR draft.  

Shakir a 5th, with quite a few talking heads calling him a steal.  

That being said.. Gabe is a physical specimen that does something at a really high level (stretch the defense).  

Shakir is an undersized guy that excels with the ball in his hands in space .. Something that hasn’t really been a focus of our offense for anyone, let alone a rookie, now second year player guaranteed to be behind, at least, Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox and Cook in the pecking order of weapons. 

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You'd think they'd have more energy to spend on the Eagles considering that the reigning conference champs are in their division.

But I have noticed in the national media that the Bills are no longer the darlings to make a run like they were last year. A lot of them are putting the Phins and Jets over us never mind the Bengals and Chiefs.

I don't like it, but I'd rather the team stay hungry and have all the blackboard material. Last year, we were the Super Bowl for a lot of teams we faced. Let's see some B game

This time of year, the biggest media markets get the accolades to drive the hype coming into the season. That's why Miami, Dallas, NY, Vegas, LA are constantly being discussed year after year no matter what teams they roll out.

Then the season starts and it's KC, Buff, Phil, Cin, etc, that join the conversation due to the play on the field. 

24 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

tbf, those expectations are in part due to the limited investment in the WR position.

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yes! It’s a PITA. I hardly even go on Twitter yet I still hit my tweet “limit” long before the 600 tweets I’m supposed to be able to read. I can’t even go back more than a few dozen tweets on my own Twitter timeline. I wanted to find a Bills tweet I shared less than 2 weeks ago but couldn’t even do that.

Do you need to pay the 8$ to get it off? I was on Twitter alot until this rate thing. Huge PITA

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

To start with.

Is there any chance you guys might like to start a "Morons in Dallas Rent Headspace to Josh Allen" thread and leave this one for discussing training camp?

Please and Thank you!

Sorry about that I had posted the link before practice started so I thought it was something to kill a few minutes before the practice reports started.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.