Training Camp 7/28 9:45 am

Beck Water

The morons on Dallas radio have a segment coming up on their redneck show about how buffalo is on the verge of a collapse.

these guys think dak is way better than allen by the way.

if anyone needs a laugh and wants to watch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The morons on Dallas radio have a segment coming up on their redneck show about how buffalo is on the verge of a collapse.

Sounds like the Bills are living rent free in their heads…😉👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

What would be worse?  A "collapse" followed by a regrouping?

Or 5 more years of failed playoff campaigns?

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Sounds like the Bills are living rent free in their heads…😉👍

Allen is.  They are obsessed with talking about allen and how he is about to collapse and be a terrible player.

the station has a former gm and scout named bryan broaddus who says the exact thing.  He thinks the bills are going to fall apart and allen is the reason.  He is wrong about mostly everything though so

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Allen is.  They are obsessed with talking about allen and how he is about to collapse and be a terrible player.

the station has a former gm and scout named bryan broaddus who says the exact thing.  He thinks the bills are going to fall apart and allen is the reason.  He is wrong about mostly everything though so

why bother listening to this stuff?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

You'd think they'd have more energy to spend on the Eagles considering that the reigning conference champs are in their division.

But I have noticed in the national media that the Bills are no longer the darlings to make a run like they were last year. A lot of them are putting the Phins and Jets over us never mind the Bengals and Chiefs.

I don't like it, but I'd rather the team stay hungry and have all the blackboard material. Last year, we were the Super Bowl for a lot of teams we faced. Let's see some B game

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

why bother listening to this stuff?

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I feel like some fans here scour through every other team's media for the slightest hint of anti-Bills just to rant over what they found. Who cares what 3 dudes with a podcast in Dallas thinks about the Bills.

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Oh thank Christ.

I'll be honest though, I am pretty happy if we have three decent #2 CB on the roster

CB depth is never a bad thing. At some point in my opinion Jackson, Benford and Elam will all make starts. Some due to injury and some due to matchup.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I feel like some fans here scour through every other team's media for the slightest hint of anti-Bills just to rant over what they found. Who cares what 3 dudes with a podcast in Dallas thinks about the Bills.

No its not that I just unfortunately live in DFW at the moment for another 2 years and was listening on the radio so I thought i would add it in the thread since they play in Buffalo this season.

Cant wait to get home to central ny soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

It’s the Cowboys, WGAF what anyone associated with them has to say? 

Josh Allen indeed lives rent free in their Psyche, they fear him. 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s the Cowboys, WGAF what anyone associated with them has to say? 

Josh Allen indeed lives rent free in their Psyche, they fear him. 

They’re still butthurt that the nation started to notice Allen in that game against the cowboys on thanksgiving. That 4th down play will forever live in their heads 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

CB depth is never a bad thing. At some point in my opinion Jackson, Benford and Elam will all make starts. Some due to injury and some due to matchup.

The odds that none of our top 2 CBs missing a down is absurdly low. If you're telling me we can rotate to keep fresh I am happy 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Process said:

So Spector, Elam and Torrence getting first team reps today. Sweet.

To start with.

30 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You'd think they'd have more energy to spend on the Eagles considering that the reigning conference champs are in their division.

But I have noticed in the national media that the Bills are no longer the darlings to make a run like they were last year. A lot of them are putting the Phins and Jets over us never mind the Bengals and Chiefs.

I don't like it, but I'd rather the team stay hungry and have all the blackboard material. Last year, we were the Super Bowl for a lot of teams we faced. Let's see some B game

Is there any chance you guys might like to start a "Morons in Dallas Rent Headspace to Josh Allen" thread and leave this one for discussing training camp?

Please and Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This is fairly significant. In the last few years Buffalo has had more success with the "pin and pull" than when they have tried to move away from it. This is where Morse shines as well. Going back to this concept more would be a pretty good step. Also, shows Dorsey/Kromer are willing to evolve a bit.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is fairly significant. In the last few years Buffalo has had more success with the "pin and pull" than when they have tried to move away from it. This is where Morse shines as well. Going back to this concept more would be a pretty good step. Also, shows Dorsey/Kromer are willing to evolve a bit.

I especially like it with the additional lane options that 12 personnel gives you. Pulling guard along with a TE acting as blocking FB and another TE blocking on the end gives so many possible gaps for a RB with vision 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Agree completely.  Morse is not a power run blocker.  Just Not.  He excels in pin and pull.  At least part of the Bills problems running the ball seem to have been, trying to execute run plays they don't have the Hawgs for.

This is the sort of thing that drives us all crazy wrt reff'ing.  "Sticky" coverage or holding? Davis jersey is stretched backwards in one of these pics

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Quick aside that I find interesting is that Gilliam is working exclusively with the TE group so far. It is speculation but last year he was treated as a blocker with the option to pass (I still love his week 2 TD) and I am wondering if that means TE will be expected for more FB duty

Maybe it's just that with no pads that he gets more out of TE reps than blocking reps right now?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Quick aside that I find interesting is that Gilliam is working exclusively with the TE group so far. It is speculation but last year he was treated as a blocker with the option to pass (I still love his week 2 TD) and I am wondering if that means TE will be expected for more FB duty

That's a really good point.  We have seen some FB-like plays from other TE I believe, including a handoff.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Maybe it's just that with no pads that he gets more out of TE reps than blocking reps right now?

That's also a possibility - I was thinking myself "maybe that's just where he slots on the subset of plays they've installed so far."

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.