Burrow hurt UPDATE: Per Taylor: It’s a calf strain; will be out “several” weeks

Big Blitz

• Simon changed the title to Burrow hurt (calf?)
Just now, Gugny said:

Better a calf than a knee, I suppose. Hope he’s okay. 

Unless it’s an achilles injury. 

Going to be a rough few hours of speculation.   Anywhere from a cramp to a torn achilles.  

• Like (+1) 2

• Big Blitz changed the title to Burrow hurt (calf); Taylor “We’ll know more soon”
1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

They get carts out for cramps?

Bengals fans point out that it’s a bizarrely long walk from the practice field to the facility … so that could make sense.. but probably wishful thinking. 

Edited by SCBills

• Big Blitz changed the title to Burrow hurt (calf); Taylor: They’ll “know more soon”
3 minutes ago, Simon said:

That did not look like an Achilles; they're typically much more painful when it first happens.

I've witnessed 2 achilles tears from within 10-20ft away, neither were very in much pain. It looked a lot Burrow, just hopping & going down, followed by f-bombs. Not saying that's what Burrow has, I imagine any calf injury gets the "hop & plop" response.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I've witnessed 2 achilles tears from within 10-20ft away, neither were very in much pain. It looked a lot Burrow, just hopping & going down, followed by f-bombs. Not saying that's what Burrow has, I imagine any calf injury gets the "hop & plop" response.

Kevin Durant is probably the one people remember most, and that looked like this. 

That being said, the comments from people somewhat in the know, make it sound like he thankfully dodged that bullet. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Kevin Durant is probably the one people remember most, and that looked like this. 

That being said, the comments from people somewhat in the know, make it sound like he thankfully dodged that bullet. 

100%

calf strain turns into a rupture at tendon / muscle junction

if he ruptured it they’ll tell us by tomorrow 

if no news it’s a muscle strain / like a hammy. He should be ok as a qb to play week 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.