Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

22 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Did anyone watch this game? It wasn't his best, but they were going to lose no matter what. The Bengals just rolled all over the defense and could not be stopped. Sloppy play from the offense all around, not just Josh. Holding him solely responsible for this ugly game is just crazy to me.

We were completely outclassed. If we had managed to score a bit more, the Bengals would have effortlessly answered in kind and kept the score not close.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Diggs does this? I've seen him doing photo shoots. Seen him in commercials. Saw that he hosted some charity events. There was even a story about Diggs doing a pottery class this off season. And yes, he does these things on his off days during the season as well. 

And frankly, everyone needs SOME mental and physical down time from every job.  It's mentally and psychologically unhealthy to be 100% obsessively focused all the time and never take a break.

It's the balance that's key.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Process changed the title to Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE SHOULD BE AROUND 2PM
2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What if.  I personally don't see the point in total speculation.  I was willing to speculate initially that the issue might have to do with a personal emergency based on the facts of Diggs' brother's potential legal issues, but that's 1) based on information that bro was involved in a nasty crime in LA 2) clearly not the issue at hand based on statements from Bakari, Miller, and Allen.

I could come up with a bunch of different what if's of my own, what is the point?

How do you know?

Catalana can't report it but he is dropping hints.  

Just now, Beck Water said:

And frankly, everyone needs SOME mental and physical down time from every job.  It's mentally and psychologically unhealthy to be 100% obsessively focused all the time and never take a break.

But it's also knowing WHEN you need to lock in and have that laser focus and when you can let loose a little bit... perhaps Diggs thinks Allen is not focused enough when he needs to be?

Just now, Beck Water said:

It's mentally and psychologically unhealthy to be 100% obsessively focused all the time and never take a break.

Is this about Diggs or TBD?? 🤔🤔 :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree with that but to your point...when Diggs does it it's perfectly healthy for downtime but when Allen does it Diggs would view it as off balance and not being committed to being all in? Man, if that's the fact then that would make Stef a huge hypocrite in my book.

8 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Started at 12:15 PM ET...open to media but they are forbidden from tweeting who is there or not there (like a banana republic dictatorship) 

I love how the Bills policy somehow trumps the press's 1st amendment rights; I would love one of these guys to challenge this BS policy in the court system and eliminate this crap forever.  F the NFL.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I love how the Bills policy somehow trumps the press's 1st amendment rights; I would love one of these guys to challenge this BS policy in the court system and eliminate this crap forever.  F the NFL.

They're allowed to tweet or report anything they want but then they won't be welcome at the open media portion of practice. It's a private business, they can set terms and it's up to the reporters to agree to oblige or not, there's nothing egregious about it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

The Bills are a private company. They could easily close off every practice to the media. Nothing to do with the 1st amendment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Process changed the title to Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back
1 hour ago, Mango said:

What does Brit being his wife or not have anything do to do with anything? Cheating is cheating with or without being married. 

Bag it

Tag it

Sell it to the butcher in the store. 

Why do you care so much about joshes personal sex life? setting aside the fact that he was not married to the woman it's bizarre for you to care so much about it.

• Agree 2

Just now, Success said:

This was a nothing burger.

McD should have been more careful w/ his words to the press.  That kind of fueled the frenzy we saw in the past 24 hours.

is that a burger with nothing on it?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I’ve been telling everyone - PSE runs the local media with an iron fist.

Every bit of information we receive goes through the Pegula filter. 

And then people don’t believe the actual real scoops reports like Wawrow or Sullivan or Graham get, because it’s so different from the PSE propaganda we are fed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Success said:

This was a nothing burger.

McD should have been more careful w/ his words to the press.  That kind of fueled the frenzy we saw in the past 24 hours.

I don't think it was a nothing burger at all.  Just because he's there doesn't mean things have been resolved completely.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

I don't think we win division this year, between schedule and AFC east getting much better. Thinking 10-7

I'm with you, more or less; we won't do as well as we did last year; I think we make the playoffs but don't do anything in them again, and the Jets may well win the division.  I am dying to see what they look like.  We'll know around week 5 IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

I don't think it was a nothing burger at all.  Just because he's there doesn't mean things have been resolved completely.

Also, perhaps he is there BECAUSE McDermott unleashed the ***** storm. If you don't think mcdermott used those words specifically for a reason I don't know what to tell ya.

This thread is full of middle school banter, pretty weak for a bunch of adults. We know Diggs was at OBD yesterday, he chose to leave and not work. He created a crapstorm media distraction by leaving. If he had not left, there would not be a circus of reporters gleefully producing "content" for the next 24 hours on the issue. Then his agent tried to deflect the blame for Diggs refusing to do his job on his coach stating he was concerned that the player didn't show up for work. Is missing a big deal as far as on the field stuff? One day is not. Is missing work a problem because he created a public issue? Yes. 

There is zero excuse for walking out. A conversation does the same as leaving the facilities and it doesn't carry a negative burden on his teammates. Diggs is a selfish dolt for creating this issue, Regardless of whether his grievances are correct, he took a personal gripe and passed the responsibility for dealing with it on to the teammates he is supposed to lead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.