Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

MEANWHILE: Diggs feels like he has no say in the offense and wishes Ken Dorsey would stop being mean and get him the ball more. He's also cheesed off that the Bills didn't do enough to help him and take the pressure off him while also being offended that the Bills flirted with bringing in DHop...who Im sure didn't sign here because our QB can't keep his putter in his pants.

Von was rehabbing and making statements of grandeur about Beane signing every player that made an all pro team since 1994.

LMAO  The entire thing was funny but the above I got a particular chuckle out of those two, and that last line in "it's funny because it's true" form.  

BTW, how much of the rest is true?  

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

They are most certainly not "chuckling" after this, I'll tell you that much... something is seriously wrong and you're treating it like it's no big deal. This is a very big deal. This is our window, and team chemistry is CRUCIAL if you want to win a championship.

No, I am treating this thread like it is no big deal.  If "this " is your window I feel sorry for you.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Engineers are a very different breed.

I employ several of them.

I picked up one of your other six hints that you have a very successful career. I believe you, I'm happy for you, and I don't think you're stupid. 

But if your IQ  was 3+ SD, we would know. You wouldn't constantly need to insist. 

I am on track to ditch my W-2 before age 30, if credentialism really matters so much to you

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

What does Brit being his wife or not have anything do to do with anything? Cheating is cheating with or without being married. 

Bag it

Tag it

Sell it to the butcher in the store. 

A little scoop of plaster mix
some coffee grounds and mud
and then she stirred it with the ladle
that her Grandmother had bought her

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I picked up one of your other six hints that you have a very successful career. I believe you, I'm happy for you, and I don't think you're stupid. 

But if your IQ  was 3+ SD, we would know. You wouldn't constantly need to insist. 

I am on track to ditch my W-2 before age 30, if credentialism really matters so much to you

Dude, you couldn't even stay employed until you made it to 30. I have been employed since way passed my 30th birthday. 

What a loser....

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No, I am treating this thread like it is no big deal.  If "this " is your window I feel sorry for you.

Ahh, well then that makes sense. I'm not beholden to this thread!

Fortunately there was no social media during the Bickering Bills years... but of course we weren't the team we are now back then. Chris Burkett was no Stefon Diggs!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

i do not discredit anything you're saying. i think josh is a bona fide celeb in WNY and a lot more scrutiny is done of him than just an ordinary player.but the local media was mum on both doug whaley being a drunk d-bag and russ brandon being a ladies man hitting on anything that walked by.  this was right during the rise of the #metoo movement and ultimately was discovered by the Pegula's.

i remember talking to a few girls when i'd go out in buffalo while visiting (back when i was single) and it was well known to some of these ladies that Brandon was out there with young co-eds, etc. there were two girls in particular from grand island everyone knew about. WNY still has some good ol' boy backwoods type stuff going on.

Ture, but none of that stuff involved police intervention or was at any scale close to the stories surrounding Josh, and Josh's level of celebrity.

Russ Brandon got a little handsy with some Chip Strip bartenders a couple times. Such a smaller story than what we're dealing with here.

There's just nothing comparable to this.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

There is someone who is in need of a revelation, but it's not me.

el presidente!

and at any time you want to clarify what you called me out for, i'll be waiting.   you think someone so smart would be able to keep it together.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I absolutely don't want to see Diggs go anywhere. I think he has been and will continue to be a huge plus for the team. And I like the crazy bastard.

But as to whether he could be traded cap wise, Florio says it's possible. His cap hit next year on the team is not that much smaller than his cap hit off the team (bonuses accelerate but salary - which is big next year - comes off).

Diggs Trade Not Impossible

Yeah, saw those threads on PFT. 

I think we're jumping to an awful lot of conclusions here, but the fact that the national media is running with this isn't good from numerous perspectives.  

As to the team w/o Diggs, IDK, sometimes things can be an addition by subtraction thing and there's definitely an element of that here.  My thought is that it may focus Allen/Dorsey more on the shorter higher-percentage passing game, which would be a good thing.  

Who knows.  But this whole thing, apart from the much needed humor aspect, has given me a headache.  LOL 

24 minutes ago, arcane said:

You are a comedy routine 

Through my line of work, I have been around a large number of incredibly smart people who are paid a lot of money to basically carry the work of an entire sector of our engineering firm. I am not foolish enough to think I compare to these people. But I have learned how to spot them. Their mannerisms and linguistic and mathematical prowess betray their endless humility. The last thing they want is for others to grasp how far ahead they are. 

They do not broadcast their intelligence. They don't need to. You are middle of the bell curve and every post I've ever read of yours is in line with this fact. You think you are grasping patterns and nuances, but all I see are the observations of a particularly insufferable reddit poster

Get the ***** over yourself. It's embarrassing 

Forget Diggs and Allen, 👆🏼this is getting good!! 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10

Just now, Mango said:

Duuuude, what? 

We are all sorta chatting pretty respectfully and you are coming in like a bull in a china shop, so maybe slow down a bit with the name calling. 

Also I never said staying together. What are you talking about. Cheating on the daughter of a family friend, especially in small town, has ramifications for other peoples relationships. That's it full stop. 

There would be no issues if Josh just broke up with Brittany. The entire conversation is about cheating. 

Try and keep up a little bit better if you are going to be so aggressive. 

I didn't call you any names -- nice try. I just said that what you posted was insane, which it is. The only thing their son has done for them is enrich their lives to the fullest. They love their son and they would support him 100% in decisions about personal relationships in his own life.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not having read all 100+ pages, I was wondering the same thing.

I mean, not to what extent these things have been proven true, but to what extent these are real "theories" rather than just pure humor ... it's getting really hard to differentiate the two

Thanks!! 

I guess the things that concern me most are if Allen was really out the night or even two nights before a playoff game getting laid with someone that he wasn't even involved with.  Not that I'm a Diggs apologies in the least, but that would be concerning in terms of perhaps he should have been more focused on the game.  And at least have the decency to break up with your existing GF first.  This reminds me of Kelly going out before games and showing up not fully rested or at 100%.  

Again, if that stuff is even true.  

This whole thing, ... SMH  

11 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I absolutely don't want to see Diggs go anywhere. I think he has been and will continue to be a huge plus for the team. And I like the crazy bastard.

But as to whether he could be traded cap wise, Florio says it's possible. His cap hit next year on the team is not that much smaller than his cap hit off the team (bonuses accelerate but salary - which is big next year - comes off).

Diggs Trade Not Impossible

I have been fiddling around in Spotrac and OTC. I think packaging Diggs/Morse gets us very close to a break even. 

I would seriously consider Diggs/Morse for Evans. We may need to move one of our excess DL to make a little more room. 

(this is all assuming I am understanding spotrac correctly)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Indeed.

How about this: define “billsy”………

I coined it.........and I couldn't even reduce it down to a narrow definition.

If you knew the Ralph C Wilson Jr. Buffalo Bills...........you just knew.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I guess the things that concern me most are if Allen was really out the night or even two nights before a playoff game getting laid with someone that he wasn't even involved with.  Not that I'm a Diggs apologies in the least, but that would be concerning in terms of perhaps he should have been more focused on the game.

This part - where Josh was and how late he was out the night before the game - should be easy to find out.

Does anyone know the verifiable facts on that point?

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

this drama reminds me of my 16 yr old daughters high school softball team, not an NFL team

These are young good looking guys with tons and tons of money. They are a lot closer in age and maturity to those 16 year old girls than they are to many (most?) of us here.

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have been fiddling around in Spotrac and OTC. I think packaging Diggs/Morse gets us very close to a break even. 

I would seriously consider Diggs/Morse for Evans. We may need to move one of our excess DL to make a little more room. 

(this is all assuming I am understanding spotrac correctly)

I would also do this.  hate to lose Morse who has been a 100 percent asset since he came here, but he has 1-2 years left likely.   Thanks for checking out the numbers!

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, arcane said:

You are a comedy routine 

Through my line of work, I have been around a large number of incredibly smart people who are paid a lot of money to basically carry the work of an entire sector of our engineering firm. I am not foolish enough to think I compare to these people. But I have learned how to spot them. Their mannerisms and linguistic and mathematical prowess betray their endless humility. The last thing they want is for others to grasp how far ahead they are. 

They do not broadcast their intelligence. They don't need to. You are middle of the bell curve and every post I've ever read of yours is in line with this fact. You think you are grasping patterns and nuances, but all I see are the observations of a particularly insufferable reddit poster

For me, I have always been in a battle over this... having Aspergers is sometimes a cruel thing because I can sometimes say stupid things and sound like a know-it-all and then turn around and try to rectify it because the filter doesn't always work. I have always envied those people you mention because they don't have the same sort of problems and they can work solving complex problems without the emotional baggage that I have to bear. Those people are the true inspiration for those of above average intelligence or greater, that's for sure.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, arcane said:

You are a comedy routine 

this is beautiful.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok for those joining late I will provide a recap of all information known from all sources. 

Last year before the Bengals game Josh Allen cheated on his long time girlfriend with a barmaid. Knocked her up. Then had a confrontation with his ex at 3am the night before the Bengals playoff game leading to a poor performance (on the field not in the bedroom).

Diggs was angered by this because he's a competitive guy. Around the same time Allen allegedly slept with (and impregnated) one of Stef's friends wives. Then went on to have some down time with one of Stef's ex's. 

MEANWHILE: Diggs feels like he has no say in the offense and wishes Ken Dorsey would stop being mean and get him the ball more. He's also cheesed off that the Bills didn't do enough to help him and take the pressure off him while also being offended that the Bills flirted with bringing in DHop...who Im sure didn't sign here because our QB can't keep his putter in his pants.

After the season everyone went their separate ways for 5 months. But they had conversations. Of course they also didn't speak at all. Stef did photo shoots. Allen was on the red carpet sleeping with movie stars and playing golf. Von was rehabbing and making statements of grandeur about Beane signing every player that made an all pro team since 1994.

Also happening at the same time Chad Hall took a lateral move to Jacksonville because he was passed over for promotion and Diggs didn't like that. Unconfirmed is if Hall took the position to keep his wife as far away from Allen's unchecked Talley whacker as possible. 

It all boils over yesterday when Diggs reported to the team with the intent to practice...yet somehow left before practice. I believe McDermott said something about being "very concerned" that out out of control sex freak of a QB was targeting his wife next(citation needed). 

Also, no one saw these issues coming. Except for Jerry Sullivan who was clued into the issues before they even happened by Ryan Fitzpatrick (he did go to Harvard). And 95% of the board has no clue what "cap" means in modern slang.

Thank you so much for this succinct summary of all the rumors regarding the Diggs/Allen soap opera. I really don't have the patience to search for all of it. If any of this is true - let's hope that Josh doesn't get completely out of control & go all Travis Henry on us ...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.