Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

My source, who is one of the top script writers in thevNFL said the league and his team of writers approached Diggs with a very generous offer to cause drama and add some juice to the off season until training camp

He's very reliable..

Diggs accepted. Boom. It's just part of the script, everyone can relax

The Diggs Heel Turn does make the June doldrums a little more interesting, doesn't it ...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I dont think Hopkins has anything to do with anything regarding this situation.

Looks like the Bills might need Dhop more than ever now. 

However, Diggs might blow a casket too. Difficult to evaluate perhaps. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

If there are a "million variables in every situation" to consider then is it really that simple? 

Good question. Yes, it is. It’s a life skill many people don’t realize they already have, or routinely exercise. I’ve always wished they spent more time on it in high school, and possibly earlier. It’s one of the skillsets that separates really successful people. 

I've been banging the table for #1 caliber WR for years now, just to have the additional talent.  Diggs turns 30 this year and is now seemingly becoming more volatile.

It would be nice if you all remembered this around draft talk time next year, but I won't get my hopes up.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good question. Yes, it is. It’s a life skill many people don’t realize they already have, or routinely exercise. I’ve always wished they spent more time on it in high school, and possibly earlier. It’s one of the skillsets that separates really successful people. 

There's an old saying " nothing in life is easy." That saying was created for a reason. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I have no idea if it's true, but if it is it certainly explains why Diggs was so pissed after that game and continues to be so.  I don't think any other explanation really explains why Diggs is pissed / not at practice.

Add to that the breakup with Josh and his girlfriend, the putrid performance against Cincy and it does tell a viable if utterly unproven theory.  I mean if Stef is pissed at Josh, it explains a lot.

22 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I just find it really difficult to give a crap about Diggs after seeing a guy literally die on the field last year.

Where does this mentality end? 

Do we stop giving a crap about anything that isn’t a guy dying on the field?

The virtue signaling has gone so far with Hamlin.

• Eyeroll 1

Diggs' comment with the whole "let them cap" thing aren't even his own words. It's directly quoted from this tweet:

RDT_20230614_0922195708262925643637905.thumb.jpg.45a8bc340f1c181101d65fd0b10f8594.jpg

No idea who that is or what it all means but whatever. 

Seems weird to think the dude would let personal issues bleed into his professional career... especially if it's some crap over ex's and such. This is the dude who had two different dates in the same hotel on Valentine's Day. If he got burned then that's on him because that's the game he plays. When he was on the Vikings he was like a unanimous answer when teammates were asked "who on the team wouldn't you let date your sister" or some whacky BS. 

The guy wants to be viewed as a leader and has the C on his chest. That means showing up and doing your job even if you're not 100% on the same page as your organization. Go handle those issues and be a professional in the meantime. It's part of what they pay you for. 

Egos. They've all got 'em. Probably impossible to play the game at this level without having insane confidence in yourself. Whatever it is, seems like it should get worked out. I think. I dunno. 

I'mma go watch curling or some crap. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I wonder what other said-to-me-in-confidence, completely unconfirmable revelations ol' Jerry will be sharing with us.

Jerry is a lot of things, but I don’t think he would make up something out of complete thin air - especially something that could be easily debunked if Fitzpatrick decided to do so.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Being correct doesn't give you carte blanche to be a wiener. I keep reading, "well he is right" as if that is an excuse. It really isn't. 

Fair point in general, but I just dont see what he has done as that bad. And there is a huge difference between his intention being "my own stats" vs "I want the team to win".

Honestly, what has he done? Been a wiener is about it. Voiced his issues, missed a "practice"... what else? Even in Minnesota. He isnt committing crimes or quitting on his team (as a matter of fact, quite the opposite).

And frankly, being right does kinda excuse the low level dissatisfaction he has shown. He wants to win, he sees that the team wont win on the track they are currently on, he's trying to get them on the right track. The horror.

You can say it isnt the best tactic, and I wont argue that logic. But it's far from the worst, and his intention is winning, and he is right in his football philosophy. 🤷‍♂️

Just doesnt seem like it should be enough for fans to turn on him like they are. Or besmirch him like they do in Minn. Too much vitriol for a guy who is out there to win.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Jerry saying see I told ya so without ever saying before it happened is so Jerry Sullivan 

If only I were a former local newspaper Bills columnist. Oh, the fun I'd be having now:

- Matt Barkley told me Josh Allen wouldn't be the humble country boy forever, and that sooner or later he'd go Hollywood and want out of Buffalo

- Doug Whaley told me that Sean McDermott is a fine Xs and Os guy but that he wouldn't ever be seen as Super Bowl quality leader

- Rex Ryan told me that Leslie Frazier couldn't hold Buddy Ryan's jockstrap

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Diggs' comment with the whole "let them cap" thing aren't even his own words. It's directly quoted from this tweet. No idea who that is or what it all means but whatever. 

Seems weird to think the dude would let personal issues bleed into his professional career... especially if it's some crap over ex's and such. This is the dude who had two different dates in the same hotel on Valentine's Day. If he got burned then that's on him because that's the game he plays. When he was on the Vikings he was like a unanimous answer when teammates were asked "who on the team wouldn't you let date your sister" or some whacky BS. 

The guy wants to be viewed as a leader and has the C on his chest. That means showing up and doing your job even if you're not 100% on the same page as your organization. Go handle those issues and be a professional in the meantime. It's part of what they pay you for. 

Egos. They've all got 'em. Probably impossible to play the game at this level without having insane confidence in yourself. Whatever it is, seems like it should get worked out. I think. I dunno. 

I'mma go watch curling or some crap. 

Diggs hasn't posted on Twitter since June 6. Unless he deleted some thing. 

Haven't been able to scroll back far enough to find what it is people think he said that's causing the doom and gloom? Song lyrics in an Instagram Reel?

Edited by Motorin'

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Jerry is a lot of things, but I don’t think he would make up something out of complete thin air - especially something that could be easily debunked if Fitzpatrick decided to do so.

Like Fitzy would ever let himself be dragged into this? 

Maybe Case Keenum or a career journeyman with a 25 Wonderlic, but not Fitzy ...

Honestly, I am disappointed in Diggs.  Not because he can't be upset or maybe doesn't have a right to be upset. But as a captain of the team and a supposed leader, you have a standard of behavior that is expected from you because other players on the team are looking at you and taking notes and will follow suit.  Being upset is perfectly fine. His actions and behavior stemming from him being upset is the problem, and that is 100% within his control. 

Dealing with something similar with my daughter right now where she gets really upset at little things and screams and stomps her foot in her room.  She is a kid, we are teaching her that it's fine to be upset but it's not fine to act that way because of it and there are healthier ways to deal with it.  She has improved quite a bit, but it has been a process.  

Diggs is 30. As he once famously told Josh Allen - "What's your excuse now?"

And if all of this was such a big issue why has it taken 5+ months for the parties to come together and talk it out so that it has been festering for this long?

As someone very wise once told me and I have always remembered this - "When things are good between two people, time and distance helps create stronger bonds and better feelings, when things are bad between two people, time and distance allows things to fester like an open wound and become much worse."  

This should have been sorted out a week or two after the season once cooler heads prevailed.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

My source, who is one of the top script writers in thevNFL said the league and his team of writers approached Diggs with a very generous offer to cause drama and add some juice to the off season until training camp

He's very reliable..

Diggs accepted. Boom. It's just part of the script, everyone can relax

Season 2....the bickering Bills win the SB.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair point in general, but I just dont see what he has done as that bad. And there is a huge difference between his intention being "my own stats" vs "I want the team to win".

Honestly, what has he done? Been a wiener is about it. Voiced his issues, missed a "practice"... what else? Even in Minnesota. He isnt committing crimes or quitting on his team (as a matter of fact, quite the opposite).

And frankly, being right does kinda excuse the low level dissatisfaction he has shown. He wants to win, he sees that the team wont win on the track they are currently on, he's trying to get them on the right track. The horror.

You can say it isnt the best tactic, and I wont argue that logic. But it's far from the worst, and his intention is winning, and he is right in his football philosophy. 🤷‍♂️

Just doesnt seem like it should be enough for fans to turn on him like they are. Or besmirch him like they do in Minn. Too much vitriol for a guy who is out there to win.

You can't storm out of the office when things don't go the way you want. That is what happened vs CIN and this is a continuation of that. 

So he did quit on his team, he ran out of the stadium like a petulant child. Was convinced to briefly come back, and never returned again, only to troll the fan base and the franchise for the last 5 months. 

Sure he isn't Aaron Hernandez, but he has also proven to be a bad teammate here. It takes a certain amount of humility to right those kind of wrongs, and Diggs is hell bent on proving he is "alpha" rather than just being alpha. It will ultimately be his demise. 

Now...if Josh slept with his girl....I have a much different take. If my best friend did that I might burn it all down too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

You can't storm out of the office when things don't go the way you want. That is what happened vs CIN and this is a continuation of that. 

So he did quit on his team, he ran out of the stadium like a petulant child. Was convinced to briefly come back, and never returned again, only to troll the fan base and the franchise for the last 5 months. 

Sure he isn't Aaron Hernandez, but he has also proven to be a bad teammate here. It takes a certain amount of humility to right those kind of wrongs, and Diggs is hell bent on proving he is "alpha" rather than just being alpha. It will ultimately be his demise. 

Now...if Josh slept with his girl....I have a much different take. If my best friend did that I might burn it all down too.

Wouldn't be the first time a man thought with the "wrong head" in the moment, and if this is what happened, that's a huge violation of the bro code and I don't see a way back from it.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, yall said:

It was known in local circles in Orchard Park long before it was ever discussed on this board.

It is pretty much accepted that Josh cheated on Brittany, there was a huge scene, the police were called. I didn't know that was even debatable at this point. 

The pregnancy thing seems to have some debate. Although, in the grand scheme of things I am not sure it matters. Ultimately Josh did his family and ex very very dirty, pregnancy or not. The Diggs ex-GF thing is brand new to me. I don't know what to think about it yet. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Pretty much.

I posted this yesterday, but this is what will happen: 

I’d be shocked if he is not at minicamp today.

Expect to begin hearing from media sources that this was all a big misunderstanding.

That is the PR team at PSE earning their money.

They will mobilize Sal Capaccio, Chris Brown, Steve Tasker, etc to begin “leaking” that it was not football related, and when asked, McBeane will say it’s in the past and they’re moving on and they will make no further comments.

On the flip side, Diggs agent will begin leaking to other reporters (Schaffer, Rappaport, etc) that Diggs was always willing to practice today but non-football matters kept him away, even though he REALLY wanted to be there.

And it’ll all get swept under the rug.

Speaking of things being swept under a rug..you provide a ton of content here and a very unique perspective. I feel that goes unappreciated. I'd like to do something nice for you, my friend. If you would DM me your address and tinfoil hat size I'd love to send you a new one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Wouldn't be the first time a man thought with the "wrong head" in the moment, and if this is what happened, that's a huge violation of the bro code and I don't see a way back from it.

This is maybe one of the only scenarios I see where I can excuse Diggs. That would suuuuck. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mango said:

This is maybe one of the only scenarios I see where I can excuse Diggs. That would suuuuck. 

It also wouldn't be the first time a star player in Buffalo allegedly had an issue with someone else on the team sleeping with his girl...

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Diggs hasn't posted on Twitter since June 6. Unless he deleted some thing. 

Haven't been able to scroll back far enough to find what it is people think he said that's causing the doom and gloom? Song lyrics in an Instagram Reel?

It was on an Instagram story, not twitter

https://www.instagram.com/stories/stefondiggs/3124590725715803944/?hl=en

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

and they say women get too emotional...😀

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Diggs basically copied and pasted words said by someone else from their tweet.

5 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

1) Big distraction to start the season

2) Knowingly making the focus about him instead of the team

3) Not providing leadership to the young guys

4) Not being clear as to what his grievance is

Bad teammate territory here. Unless Dorsey slept with Mrs Diggs

Pretty sure it's clear what his grievance is internally, we simply don't know what it is.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

It is pretty much accepted that Josh cheated on Brittany, there was a huge scene, the police were called. I didn't know that was even debatable at this point. 

The pregnancy thing seems to have some debate. Although, in the grand scheme of things I am not sure it matters. Ultimately Josh did his family and ex very very dirty, pregnancy or not. The Diggs ex-GF thing is brand new to me. I don't know what to think about it yet. 

Pretty much accepted based on rumors? They had a happy photo on Instagram after this event supposedly happened. 

And if it is true, how did Josh do his family dirty? His gf is not his family. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I tell ya, situations like this bring out the worst in people…including posters on this forum.

I’m not a rumor monger but my gut instinct is that this is a Josh/Diggs personal issue, with a smidge of playoff frustration added in.  It’s not contractual, and it’s not about Dorsey.  I have heard from two separate sources on different ends of the country that there was a domestic call at Josh’s place the night before the Cinci game that has to do with Josh knocking up a bartender who may or may not have been Stef’s ex.  The domestic call was because Josh’s gf found out about it and confronted him.  The Diggs blow up at the end of the game was, in effect, “was it worth it?”

It will get worked out, even if it means Josh and Stef won’t be on the cover of SI Kids again.

Bros before Hos.

That is one hell of an allegation and a new one on me. Is it possible for you to post a link where you learned this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Diggs basically copied and pated words said by someone else

Which he does all the time on his social.  Like I said last night, the only that's clear about Diggs social is that nothing is clear about Diggs social 🤣 :beer: 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It also wouldn't be the first time a star player in Buffalo allegedly had an issue with someone else on the team sleeping with his girl...

I wonder if Poyer is triggered at the moment? 

I had an ex that met somebody while we were together. Left me for him out of the blue. It sucked. But ultimately I was living at the Olympic Training Center, she was dating me, while I was in a committed relationship with my sport. Over time I get why she left. I was a bad partner. People aren't always the best versions of themselves. 

But my GF slept with Antonio Brown? Please....you aren't a good person who navigated a situation poorly. You are flat out a bad person. Life is complicated. Sleeping with Antonio Brown isn't. Ha!

11 hours ago, Mango said:

I actually thought it did. The full take was that Josh made a pattern of changing his behavior not to upset Diggs.

I thought Josh’s presser was full on walking on egg shells and making sure Stef was happy. Which is where the Diggs/Allen diva rumor started. 

I agree that Josh's presser was Chock Full of Conciliation.

But upthread, we had guys saying that the issue was Josh (and the Bills) were Done with walking on egg shells for Diggs and putting up with Diva behavior, and Diggs needed a minute to adjust.

The two aren't compatible.  If you're Done with the Diva STuff, you don't spend 11 minutes in a presser trying to placate and conciliate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.