Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

He could have just said “We hope to get Stef here soon” and leave it at that.

McD purposefully said wha he said. It was a shot across the bow.

McD is a team guy so am sure he said something along the lines he's extremely upset if somebody didn't show up. Yet have a feeling he didn't know at that moment as to why he didn't show otherwise he'd make a different comment. As I don't see him to throw his players under the bus yet the press likely find a way to make it seem that way. 

• Agree 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

McD is a team guy so am sure he said something along the lines he's extremely upset if somebody didn't show up. Yet have a feeling he didn't know at that moment as to why he didn't show otherwise he'd make a different comment. As I don't see him to throw his players under the bus yet the press likely find a way to make it seem that way. 

I mean he kind of did that with 13 seconds too…

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Declining usage down the stretch-  I don’t think it’s based on the season as a whole, but in our season ending games. 

in the last 2 season ending losses he has a combined 7 catches for 42 yards on 16 targets.  

he’s pissed and wants to make sure that doesn’t happen again this season.  If this is his reasoning for being upset, it’s valid.  He’s just chosen a very poor way of trying to get his point across.  

I hope that we eventually find out a confirmed truth to his frustration but knowing this FO, we’ll only hear rumors. 

I think it has marginal validity. Of course when things don't work out you want them to be different so they do. But the solution to Diggs problem is to toss him the ball more when things are going bad. The finish line for that is to be in the running for the most targeted WR of all time. I struggle to separate the two. 

To your point about the last two season ending games, I think 7/16 is sort of what I am eluding to. We are forcing him the ball too often when it sometimes (many times) isn't the right decision. 

Also, Allen played phenomenal vs KC in the 13 seconds game. Gabe Davis went off. You aren't doing yourself any justice by listing such an efficient game as a reason for Diggs to be pissed. The offense wasn't the issue. Sure we could have targeted Diggs more. If only we scored 43 points that game...sheesh. 

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

About a week after the Bengals game I heard it through the grapevine there was a domestic disturbance at Allen’s house the night before the Bengals game and Diggs felt Josh’s head wasn’t in that game.  Which is what his issue was.  I didn’t want to say anything because I assumed it would be resolved by now.  

This is just something that was told to me who knew one of the police officers.  I’m not 100% sure he wasn’t full of *****.

Actually I heard about this from someone very reliable, who knew the police officer as well.  The story is none of anyone's business other than the parties involved so I will not elaborate.  Suffice to say the matter is over with.  We're onto training camp 2023.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It just makes no sense.

If that were true, McD wouldn’t have said what he said.

Which is probably why Allen said there were things we should have done better last year. This is likely the true reason.

You think Allen is putting that out there as a cover story of sorts?  Of course you wonder what me means by football related.  I mean, it's all related to football at the end of the day, unless Josh is talking about legal problems of his brother or something like that.

Josh's tweet is kind of cryptic, and why does he love the guy based on whatever is going on?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I think it has marginal validity. Of course when things don't work out you want them to be different so they do. But the solution to Diggs problem is to toss him the ball more when things are going bad. The finish line for that is to be in the running for the most targeted WR of all time. I struggle to separate the two. 

To your point about the last two season ending games, I think 7/16 is sort of what I am eluding to. We are forcing him the ball too often when it sometimes (many times) isn't the right decision. 

Also, Allen played phenomenal vs KC in the 13 seconds game. Gabe Davis went off. You aren't doing yourself any justice by listing such an efficient game as a reason for Diggs to be pissed. The offense wasn't the issue. Sure we could have targeted Diggs more. If only we scored 43 points that game...sheesh. 

I’d have to look at the 16 targets to agree that we were forcing him the ball.  

you could be right, and I’m not disagreeing with you.  I’m just giving my opinion of why I think he’s upset.  If he’s even upset at all.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t.

They are doing damage control right now.

Allen specifically referenced mistakes made last season that they are working through. This might be some weird pedantic way of saying that he likes playing football in the Bills offense, so it isn't football related, but he hates doing it for Sean, or Dorsey, or Beane, so in that respect it is personal? 

Edited by Mango

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This was mentioned up thread and yet no one is commenting on this.

If that's coming from Josh and he says its not football related, it probably isn't football related.

Come on now, you're not playing this game properly!  

Get with the program.  

:D 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just want one question asked to Diggs if and when he ever speaks to the press:

Do you trust and believe in this staff?

Nothing else really matters with this offense if it’s number 1B player lacks buy in. 

Of course this is all football related.  

These guys couldn’t even tell us who called for Bass to kick it (or not kick off) at the end of the playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

Allen specifically referenced mistakes made last season that they are working through. There might be some weird pedantic way of saying that he likes playing football in the Bills offense, so it isn't football related, but he hates doing it for Sean, or Dorsey, or Beane, so in that respect it is personal? 

Personal toward the team, yea.

What is essentially happening at this point is the Bills and Diggs are working out some things.

Now they are doing damage control to re-work the narrative and make it non-football related (even though it is).

It’s all PR.

The Bills PR and Diggs agents will work together to smooth this over in the media and make excuses and the homers will eat it up.

Those who know how these things work will see it for what it actually is.

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Is that public information?

His contract expired, he was a free agent and able to choose whatever offers came his way from other teams. He chose to coach in Jacksonville. That is all public knowledge. Whether or not the Bills made him an offer or matched Jacksonville’s offer is not relevant because as soon as his contract with the Bills ended, the Bills had no control and couldn’t be in a position to just “let him go” as was alleged.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

I do not know why I’m not surprised, but seriously, what is up with this guy? What is he expecting here? We can’t trade him… we can’t release him… so….

He's a WR.

By law it seems the good ones are always different & difficult. The Jerry Rice's & Fred Bilitnekoff's are long gone.

Just now, K-9 said:

His contract expired, he was a free agent and able to choose whatever offers came his way from other teams. He chose to coach in Jacksonville. That is all public knowledge. Whether or not the Bills made him an offer or matched Jacksonville’s offer is not relevant because as soon as his contract with the Bills ended, the Bills had no control and couldn’t be in a position to just “let him go” as was alleged.

It isn’t public knowledge. No one knows what happened with Hall. Big mystery. Coach was here since 2017 and just left. There’s a back story there.

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Losing Daboll hurt more than we thought. IMHO

Not having a top-notch OC hired in the first place has hurt us more than most of us realize.  

Daboll was not that guy.  His Offenses on his tenure ranked well into the mid-high 20s in 8 seasons, including his first two here. 

Indirectly off-topic ... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It isn’t public knowledge. No one knows what happened with Hall. Big mystery. Coach was here since 2017 and just left. There’s a back story there.

sorry the facts don’t fit your narrative. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

His contract expired. That is public knowledge. There were media articles at the time. 

42 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He holds the cards as far as the Bills can only fine him. He can eat fines for quite awhile without really feeling it. 

The Bills cannot do anything else but fine him.

In the meantime, Diggs can create massive problems in the locker room. Exactly what he did in Minn. He can state his unhappiness with coaching and management. His words and actions will not go unnoticed by players and coaches. 

No one knows how this will play out. This isn't surprising based on what we saw last year and his prior history in Minn. 

To think the Bills are holding the cards here is a mistake. It's Diggs with most of the power here. 

He has the power to play under his contract or retire.  What a bargaining position.

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I have a voice in my head that told me that Josh was sleeping with Stef's Mom.  Not sure on the validity of it, but thought I'd pass it along.

You laugh, but this situation actually happened in the NBA.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

His contract expired. That is public knowledge. There were media articles at the time. 

So a long time coach under McDermott decided to leave. You don’t think that’s a story? Probably the most popular coach on the staff with the players.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Where I live there are a few bills players. Over the last 5 years I have gotten close with one of the players. We are in a men's group.

Thanks man, like I said I want calling you out. Much appreciated 

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think so.  I believe the diets of the livestock is the reason why their manure is nutritious for the soil. 

I don't think a of diet mushroom risotto, bourbon, cocaine and cannoli's produces good waste.  

Someone telling me my ***** isn’t good enough is making me the most angry I’ve been in a month. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.