Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

Diggs v. Dorsey is my guess and I’m glad he is potentially raising concerns over the basic offense and desire to go heavy this year.  One day of a minicamp is

nothing in the big picture.  Heck, if this is what it is, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has support in the locker room.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

It’s a shame that posters on this board and WGR callers who have been expressing concern about Diggs’ (a team captain) behavior on the sidelines, comments in interviews and subsequent tweets were dismissed.

Imagine calling into or listening to WGR

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus. Be more dramatic. He skipped a day of stretching and running around in shorts.

You're correct, this is the reality. We're also on a 24 hour news cycle where people are just sitting around looking for anything small to blow up into a nauseating panel segment. He knows skipping will cause an unnecessary distraction and he did it anyway.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe he overslept,

Or he had the time written wrong,

Or the power went out resetting his clock,

Or his bathroom sprang a leak,

Or his car wouldn't start,

Or traffic was really bad,

Or his goldfish was sick,

Or his dog ate the paper he had the minicamp info on,

Or GPS got him lost on his way,

Or Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door as he was trying to leave.

I mean any of those things could be the reason. My boss didn't buy any of them either. But there's a chance.

2 minutes ago, krf139 said:

It’s a shame that posters on this board and WGR callers who have been expressing concern about Diggs’ (a team captain) behavior on the sidelines, comments in interviews and subsequent tweets were dismissed.

He was acting that way on the sidelines of the Bengals game because his QB was completely out of it and playing like ****. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hope his teammates call him out and they take the Captain title away from him…. I get it if it was a contract/money dispute but this makes no sense… Something wrong with this guy. Smells like Antonio Brown situation here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, wppete said:

Hope his teammates call him out and they take the Captain title away from him…. I get it if it was a contract/money dispute but this makes no sense… Something wrong with this guy. Smells like Antonio Brown situation here. 

Allen personal issues hours before Bengal game / missing Diggs on poor throws / not throwing to him on critical plays  

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

You're correct, this is the reality. We're also on a 24 hour news cycle where people are just sitting around looking for anything small to blow up into a nauseating panel segment. He knows skipping will cause an unnecessary distraction and he did it anyway.   

A distraction on June 13 on the first day of OTA means very little to me. Wake me on September 1 if he’s still pulling a disappearing act and I’ll worry.

if he’s there tomorrow this is forgotten.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dont flatter yourself (although I'm sure that is lost on anyone who calls themselves Einstein)

Just FYI, it's a nickname my colleagues gave me over a decade ago. It's what others call me at work (or where I used to work). It stuck.

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

An Optimist says over and over that everything is great. A Pessimist says it's a big problem. A true realist simply adjusts their sails and keeps moving ahead.

A realist doesnt just adjust their sails. 

They see the wind for what it is.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Allen personal issues hours before Bengal game / missing Diggs on poor throws / not throwing to him on critical plays  

He's a diva and always has been. It's so funny seeing so many defend him. Davis would an ok #1. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

He was acting that way on the sidelines of the Bengals game because his QB was completely out of it and playing like ****. 

Allen wasn't playing like sh*t. 

And I think what Simon said about Diggs being upset with Dorsey and telling Allen to ignore Dorsey is probably spot on. It makes sense.

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Again, it's not about his own stats, or his money. That is all fine.

What he was seemingly upset about was that when the Offense is sputtering, we can usually get it on track by going to Diggs a few times for some reliable, short gains (6-14 yards).

But when we were in that situation multiple times last year, Dorsey and Josh all but completely ignored him.

He is fine with winning and not getting any touches. He is ok with losing and the team giving their best effort. He is NOT fine with the team losing, looking flat and confused, and the coaches actively ignoring one of their biggest stat players.

Being correct is not a good excuse for toxic behavior. Especially when it is consistent. You can't just go do whatever you want at work and go "But I was correct"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

A distraction on June 13 on the first day of OTA means very little to me. Wake me on September 1 if he’s still pulling a disappearing act and I’ll worry.

if he’s there tomorrow this is forgotten.

No it won’t. 

This doesn’t end till he ends it, and right now he is dragging it out. The rumblings of “is Diggs happy?” has been around all offseason, he could have squashed the drama at any point over the last 7 months. 

Instead he wiped the team from his social media and posted cryptic crap all summer.

It isn’t a full blown crisis, but be concerned. There seems to be an issue and it’s unknown how willing he is to work it out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It may or may not be Diggs First step toward being a little b itch, “if” it is, He needs be called out as such in polite language that can not be mistaken as anything else. 

or a couple of teammates go to his place, slap him around, and toss him in the trunk and drive him up to Buffalo, just sayin…, 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.