Dalton Kincaid stats this year

Dan in Owego

On 8/3/2023 at 8:14 AM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't think that numbers will fully show his impact. 600 yards and 8 TD would be at the high end of expectations, and I would be thrilled if he hit that. Diggs is still going to eat, but I like this as a 1-2 punch

@Kirby Jackson well I am going to be pretty light on TD but there is a good chance that he beats my yard estimate. I was expecting him as more of a red zone threat, but he's younger, bigger Beasley and I will take it.

• Like (+1) 1

I did a bit of math. Kincaid is averaging 63.6 yards a game over the last six games. Now, it's not fair to expect that every week going forward especially as Knox comes back and defenses get wise but generally I don't think 700 yards in a rookie season is impossible, and 50 yards a game would put him in top 10 rookie TE yards historically.

• Shocked 1

• 1 month later...

I think we can now safely say Dalton Kincaid had an amazing year and we still don’t use him enough. He should get anywhere from 5-10 more targets a game. We have a star in the making. 

73 Catches

673 Yards

2 TD

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He definitely had a genuinely great rookie season. I am hopeful moving forward despite remaining skeptical about the investment as a 1st round pick on a team already paying a TE big money.

That being said, if they can find a way to bring in a legit WR2, this offense will remain in tact again for at least next season with guys like Cool, Kincaid, Shakir and Torrence growing into more vetted players. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He definitely had a genuinely great rookie season. I am hopeful moving forward despite remaining skeptical about the investment as a 1st round pick on a team already paying a TE big money.

That being said, if they can find a way to bring in a legit WR2, this offense will remain in tact again for at least next season with guys like Cool, Kincaid, Shakir and Torrence growing into more vetted.

I wish we could have snagged DeAndre Hopkins. 

What an offense!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I was really worried he hit the rookie wall after his slump vs chiefs, cowboys, and chargers. Then he shut me up with his best back to back games of the season. I‘ve never felt more confident about a player becoming a star in the McBeane era than I do about Kincaid.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That being said, if they can find a way to bring in a legit WR2, this offense will remain in tact again for at least next season with guys like Cool, Kincaid, Shakir and Torrence growing into more vetted players. 

He has had multi-game flashes of greatness like the past few weeks and this stretch earlier

The best part is that he still has a chance to reach the higher end of his pre-season projections in the playoffs.    PFF actually projected him to exceed 1,000 yards receiving.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I always thought. If the bills are going to go anywhere this year. Kincaid would have to be a big factor. After a full season of this iteration  /current offense. I’m doubling down. He should be THE primary target on most plays. He should be a Kelce. If we have a good corner matchup then diggs is back to 1 target. It’s the only way 

So a very successful rookie year for Kincaid. What does this mean for his second season?

Does Knox still remain TE #1 because of his experience (not to mention his bloated contract which some teams might want to justify)?

I think Kincaid moves the ball better and more consistently than Dawson. So what do we do? I really don't think 12 personnel will be a big thing in 2024.

If I were GM, I'd start Kincaid and make Knox the number 2 TE when we're in 11. But I understand the politics of it. Do you pay a guy $14,000,000 to be a backup TE?

Could he be traded for a guy with a similar salary hit in a position of need (Safety or DE, or maybe even WR)?

Giving Knox that contract then drafting Kincaid is an overextension of resources for a position that usually will only have one player on the field at a time.

BTW: In 2025, Knox's dead cap is $7,800.000. I think that's when he goes. There's not enough cap savings to let him go in 2024.

Edited by Nephilim17

Kincaid is an absolute game changing killer pick by Beane and is a matchup nightmare for LBs or DBs. He’s fast, gets great separation and runs hard after the catch. His chemistry and trust factor with Josh is improving with each game and wilh Shakir has become our vertical downfield targets. Small wonder our OC is spreading the receptions around and more times than not Davis is odd man out. Our offense has been transitioned to a balanced attack with Cook running and being a threat out of the backfield along with multiple options at receiver. With Josh’s run threat this offense is pretty formidable.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I was really worried he hit the rookie wall after his slump vs chiefs, cowboys, and chargers. Then he shut me up with his best back to back games of the season. I‘ve never felt more confident about a player becoming a star in the McBeane era than I do about Kincaid.

I think he was working through an injury those games, and seems to be feeling better. 

On 11/22/2023 at 7:39 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, I saw that. It’s perfect. You were able to be pleasantly surprised. The Bills drafted a talented pass catching TE and he’s actually good. If they would have realized that before like week 8, they’d be even better off. 

He would’ve had a big year anyway if he didn’t hurt his thumb…looked like he had trouble catching for a few weeks after the thumb injury.  Still a great rookie season nonetheless 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

So a very successful rookie year for Kincaid. What does this mean for his second season?

Does Knox still remain TE #1 because of his experience (not to mention his bloated contract which some teams might want to justify)?

I think Kincaid moves the ball better and more consistently than Dawson. So what do we do? I really don't think 12 personnel will be a big thing in 2024.

If I were GM, I'd start Kincaid and make Knox the number 2 TE when we're in 11. But I understand the politics of it. Do you pay a guy $14,000,000 to be a backup TE?

Could he be traded for a guy with a similar salary hit in a position of need (Safety or DE, or maybe even WR)?

Giving Knox that contract then drafting Kincaid is an overextension of resources for a position that usually will only have one player on the field at a time.

BTW: In 2025, Knox's dead cap is $7,800.000. I think that's when he goes. There's not enough cap savings to let him go in 2024.

You can just use kincaid as the slot WR in situations too.  Having two tight ends who can make plays isnt an either/or type of thing - one is the superior blocker and seems to be more of a load to take down.  The other is the better route runner with hands.  The goal is to use both.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, balln said:

I always thought. If the bills are going to go anywhere this year. Kincaid would have to be a big factor. After a full season of this iteration  /current offense. I’m doubling down. He should be THE primary target on most plays. He should be a Kelce. If we have a good corner matchup then diggs is back to 1 target. It’s the only way 

I think that will be the case starting next season.  

As kincaids biggest fan, he needs to put on some muscle.  When he gets hit, he’s gets smashed.  Hasn’t been seriously injured, but it looks like he really feels every one of those hits.  If that last TD pass was to Kincaid instead of knox, I don’t know if he’d have the strength to power through and into the endzone.  He pretty special after the catch in general, but adding more strength will get him to the level of play we’re all hoping for.

jmo

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think that will be the case starting next season.  

As kincaids biggest fan, he needs to put on some muscle.  When he gets hit, he’s gets smashed.  Hasn’t been seriously injured, but it looks like he really feels every one of those hits.  If that last TD pass was to Kincaid instead of knox, I don’t know if he’d have the strength to power through and into the endzone.  He pretty special after the catch in general, but adding more strength will get him to the level of play we’re all hoping for.

jmo

totally agree.  I think he is more slender genetically than Knox, but appears to be about a Kelce sized dude.  Working out all offseason in a NFL facility will help.  Heck, he can do reps with the Lombardi trophy! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

In his last two games his targets have gone back up. Which, in my mind, were the obvious choices, and he was wide open on his route on that second interception.

For the most part, whenever we have given him more he has risen to the occasion. I know that getting the same targets as Diggs is impressive logically, but it feel like we need more of him. I can remember twice last game when he made a play.

The first is where Josh fakes a handoff (play action pass!) and zips it for 28 yards

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-zips-28-yard-sideline-strike-to-dalton-kincaid-bills-at-dolphins

The other was a Cover 0 blitz beater

In both you have to go "oh yeah, that's what you use a passing tight end for" and then wonder why we haven't been seeing it. No more Gabe Davis in the red zone, give me Kincaid!

On 1/9/2024 at 11:36 AM, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  I think he is more slender genetically than Knox, but appears to be about a Kelce sized dude.  Working out all offseason in a NFL facility will help.  Heck, he can do reps with the Lombardi trophy! 

Kelce's 6'6 whereas Kincaid a few inches shorter but does make them slightly different. I think comparisons stem from they both know how to find holes in the defense and hand catch and high point quote well. I've read some feel Dalton another Aaron Hernandez which thinks a fair comparison based on size and on the field abilities

Edited by The Jokeman

On 1/9/2024 at 4:33 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

Preseason I said that Kincaid would be second in receptions after Diggs. I was right.

I also said he would score 10 TDs.

I read in the Bflo News this morning that Kincaid's 73 receptions this year are the 4th most in NFL history by a rookie tight end.

While it was not the best season by a rookie tight end this year, historically it is one of the best seasons by a rookie tight end.

Kudos again to Brandon Beane.

On 1/9/2024 at 4:30 PM, The Jokeman said:

Kelce's 6'6 whereas Kincaid a few inches shorter but does make them slightly different. I think comparisons stem from they both know how to find holes in the defense and hand catch and high point quote well. I've read some feel Dalton another Aaron Hernandez which thinks a fair comparison based on size and on the field abilities

As long as they don’t have the same off the field abilities I’m good  with this 

Edited by BillsFooteball
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:25 AM, Sierra Foothills said:

I read in the Bflo News this morning that Kincaid's 73 receptions this year are the 4th most in NFL history by a rookie tight end.

While it was not the best season by a rookie tight end this year, historically it is one of the best seasons by a rookie tight end.

Kudos again to Brandon Beane.

If he had as many targets as LaPorta, his yards would have been virtually identical.  But LaPorta would still have beaten him with TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.