Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Polian has 4 straight SB appearances, Beane has ZERO

GMs don't play the games... the players do. Just because extremely well tuned and made cars on the track are put out there by Ferrari and other manufacturers doesn't mean that the drivers will race the same.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

On 9/25/2023 at 9:32 AM, Chaos said:

The Leonard Floyd signing seems to be the key offseason addition.  I love the McGovern,Kincaid,Torrence,Murray, and Harris additions too.  But I think as the season goes on, we are going to appreciate that Floyd was a true missing link for us. 

And some people say that the Bills didn’t improve this last off-season .. and just focus on how old they are..

Still … the big test is this week .. we will really know where they stand ...

On 9/24/2023 at 4:47 PM, Gunsgoodtime said:

Floyd is one of the better Beane FA signings.  He usually misses, as with draft picks, but he did well with Floyd

So a GM who has the 2nd best record in the NFL and a roster that is 100% top to bottom built by him using FA's and Draft Picks (no holdovers before him) that has won 3 straight divisional titles and is a perennial Super Bowl contender now for 3 seasons...normally by your assertion "usually misses" with all his free agent and draft picks.

This statement is so ridiculous I don't even know how to ridicule it appropriately 😂

This is why we don't deserve nice things lol

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/5/2023 at 5:06 AM, SUNY_amherst said:

Meh

the pass rush was dreadful so they needed someone but this guy was a bust until he got to play next to Aaron Donald.

my girlfriend could rack up 6-8 sacks playing next to Donald, Floyd won’t have that luxury here 

Amhersts best!  

🤣 

On 6/5/2023 at 6:01 AM, SUNY_amherst said:

Ngakoue though is better against the run and a smarter player. All things considered neither moves the needle too much when compared to DeAndre Hopkins but I'd rather have the smarter, more disciplined player. Unless Ngakoue was asking for a lot more money, which is possible

Even better!!! Ngakoue is better vs the run!!  🤪 you can’t make this stuff up!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

week 3 bro, you are spiking the football too early again

Lol.  Dude hasn’t missed a game since 2017….. he’s one of the most consistent pass rushers in the league and is off to a torrid start.  He’s a great addition.  If he gets hurt, it’s just bad luck that could happen to any other 8M addition we would’ve signed.  He’s an impact player.  

but Ngakoue is a better run defender.  🤣 the more you type, the dumber you sound.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

ok cool, we will see how he does against Miami, hopefully good this is a big game

Most likely none of our DL will look all that amazing. Stat came out today that Tua has only been HIT 5 times all season. Not sacks. Just hit. 

now that doesn’t mean we won’t be able to get at him. But right now Tua has gotten the ball out quicker than any other QB in the league. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So a GM who has the 2nd best record in the NFL and a roster that is 100% top to bottom built by him using FA's and Draft Picks (no holdovers before him) that has won 3 straight divisional titles and is a perennial Super Bowl contender now for 3 seasons...normally by your assertion "usually misses" with all his free agent and draft picks.

This statement is so ridiculous I don't even know how to ridicule it appropriately 😂

This is why we don't deserve nice things lol

Win a SB and everything changes. Being a perennial top team with a title is not the same as a perennial playoff team with no title. 

I don’t necessarily agree but it is how most fans think 

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Miamis o-line ain’t that good.

Some poster named New Era will tell you how amazing Leonard Floyd is, so he should be able to do something in this game 

Floyd is absolutely good. @NewErais 100% correct. He was a huge signing. That doesn’t take away from the fact that Tua has been hit less than any QB in the league this season (5times) and is getting rid of the ball quicker than any QB this season. He makes 1 read and gets the ball out consistently.

The Dolphins are an absolute powerhouse. and I am not saying we can’t win, or we should even expect a loss. But they are the best offense in football right now and it’s not close. They’ve scored the 2nd most points in history after the first 3 games. So regardless of how much you think their line “ain’t that good” they are doing something that hasn’t been matched since the 50s. 

but that’s not the argument. The argument is 100% fact that Floyd is a good player and absolutely worth what we are paying him. He’s 9th in sacks in the league since 2020. He averages almost a half a sack per game throughout his career. He’s averaging over a sack a game so far this year. You want to say he has only been good with Donald next to him? Well, he’s having his best start of a season right now and that’s without Donald being next to him. That’s without Von Miller opposite him. And for the record, he wasn’t that great in his first few years because he played in Chicago. You do realize Chicago sucks right? 

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn’t read all of that

It was three short, easy to read, accurate paragraphs.

If you're looking or a reason why nobody in this community has any respect for you whatsoever, this might be a good place to start

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn’t read all of that but Leonard Floyd is here for games like this Sunday.

If he no shows vs the dolphins and lights up the commanders, who cares. 

sounds like he was such an amazing signing he should be fine Sunday though

So you were so lazy you wouldn’t read 3 small paragraphs? I’ll simplify it. Floyd is good. Really good. Tua has been the least hit and has the quickest releases all season of any QB in the league. Only one team in 3 games has managed to sack him as he’s the least sacked QB in the league…

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/team-with-least-sacks-allowed-2023

so yeah, Floyd is expected to play well. But nobody has been able to do it yet so I guess everyone on the Patriots, Broncos, and Chargers (including Bosa) sucks. Unless your name is Judon who is the only guy to sack Tua all year. 

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was three short, easy to read, accurate paragraphs.

If you're looking or a reason why nobody in this community has any respect for you whatsoever, this might be a good place to start

Man. You must be bad if Simon is siding with me. 

52 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Win a SB and everything changes. Being a perennial top team with a title is not the same as a perennial playoff team with no title. 

The comment though was his assertion Beane usually misses on a FA’s and draft picks.  Which is ridiculous 

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

The comment though was his assertion Beane usually misses on a FA’s and draft picks.  Which is ridiculous 

Some fans live to complain. I’ve been following the Bills since 1990. There’s been a few highs and a lot of lows. This current team, from ownership ( all due respect to Ralph, he was an awful owner) management, coaches and players is a breath of fresh air. Fans should learn to enjoy it because it could all end. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

See Marty Schottenheimer... 

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Some fans live to complain. I’ve been following the Bills since 1990. There’s been a few highs and a lot of lows. This current team, from ownership ( all due respect to Ralph, he was an awful owner) management, coaches and players is a breath of fresh air. Fans should learn to enjoy it because it could all end. 

Ralph really wanted to win a SB during the tail end of his ownership. 

Dolphins were down 3 scores in the 4th quarter against the Ravens last year, then came back & won. 

Don't get comfortable!

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. I’m not sure you have been back from your timeout yet. But I expect you to be thanking Floyd for his sack today in a critical situation. 

Floyd actually wasn't credited with the sack. It was Groot.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

10.5 sacks this year.

When was the last time we had 10+ sack player?

I'll save you some time, it was Lorax in 2016.

Great job Beane on this one, great job Floyd on the field.

Now can we sign him to an extension. We will lose Epenesa to FA and possibly part ways with Von. 

• SDS locked this topic