Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

4 minutes ago, Delete This Account said:

Oh, no. I’ve been found out. Heavens to Betsy.

I. Don’t. Care.

Confirmed. John's "2nd Coming"  The 1st one ended with a shout song 

John, if you're trying to recruit me for the AP, I respectfully decline. 

image.thumb.png.d9dd4fb4de0c0865de52cc348d337f58.png

9 minutes ago, Delete This Account said:

Oh, no. I’ve been found out. Heavens to Betsy.

I. Don’t. Care.

On a more serious note, I sincerely hope you're okay.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Confirmed. John's "2nd Coming"  The 1st one ended with a shout song 

John, if you're trying to recruit me for the AP, I respectfully decline. 

image.thumb.png.d9dd4fb4de0c0865de52cc348d337f58.png

On a more serious note, I sincerely hope you're okay.  

No you don’t.

You’re just like all the other haters on this board, looking to score points by attacking others.

Now that I figured out how to change my account name, I’m going public with my desire to, as it reads, delete this account.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Delete This Account said:

No you don’t.

You’re just like all the other haters on this board, looking to score points by attacking others.

Now that I figured out how to change my account name, I’m going public with my desire to, as it reads, delete this account.

I actually do care. You don't seem OK.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Honestly John, I hope you get some sunshine and have a good summer 

If this makes you feel better, have at it.

Otherwise, I'll file this under:

"Poster confronted by the person poster suddenly feels a sense of shame because poster didn't realize he was dealing with a person, while hiding behind a keyboard."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Delete This Account said:

"Poster confronted by the person poster suddenly feels a sense of shame because poster didn't realize he was dealing with a person, while hiding behind a keyboard."

I see. I guess the same "file" doesn't apply to you.

You claimed special knowledge of the Bills locker room and when any poster questioned or challenged you about it, you offered snide and dramatic responses instead of providing information 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Delete This Account said:

I mean, to be fair, john wawrow is much more personable and relatable as a name than "delete this account."

😁

Edited by boyst

It's really ***** that after years of great info and insight from an AP reporter, some newbs/BBMBers have to come in and proactively attack John until he leaves.

Congrats newbs, you have achieved your goal of being another ####### on the internet. Just a heads up, to us observers it just looks like you have such little respect in your own life you need to attack others who might actually know more.

It's a shame, because unlike most of the internet, TBD isnt an anonymous hiding spot. So many posters know each other IRL and hang out for Bills games and even other personal events. Really killing the vibe that has been established over the past 20 years.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's really ***** that after years of great info and insight from an AP reporter, some newbs/BBMBers have to come in and proactively attack John until he leaves.

Congrats newbs, you have achieved your goal of being another ####### on the internet. Just a heads up, to us observers it just looks like you have such little respect in your own life you need to attack others who might actually know more.

It's a shame, because unlike most of the internet, TBD isnt an anonymous hiding spot. So many posters know each other IRL and hang out for Bills games and even other personal events. Really killing the vibe that has been established over the past 20 years.

edit: click your emojis and cry about it

Nah. This isn't the whole story here.

Here's the thing. Yes, it was too bad that he had to leave back in...what November?  Then he popped back in once in March.

Fast forward to the last day or so where he came back...to troll people. Behind a renamed account. One of his responses were to someone he accused of being triggered by 3 writers...John was one of those 3. Used the phrasing "them" as if he wasn't one of them himself. 

Imagine being a reporter for the AP and coming on a team message board while trying (and failing) to hide it was you.  It's something like this that makes people question his credibility in the first place. 

Yes he has provided great insight on things. He also attacks people that dare question something he cryptically puts out there in the world wanting more clarification. Both can be true. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Here's the thing. Yes, it was too bad that he had to leave back in...what November?  Then he popped back in once in March.

Fast forward to the last day or so where he came back...to troll people. Behind a renamed account. One of his responses were to someone he accused of being triggered by 3 writers...John was one of those 3. Used the phrasing "them" as if he wasn't one of them himself. 

Imagine being a reporter for the AP and coming on a team message board while trying (and failing) to hide it was you.  It's something like this that makes people question his credibility in the first place. 

Yes he has provided great insight on things. He also attacks people that dare question something he cryptically puts out there in the world wanting more clarification. Both can be true. 

Nothing gets past you, Billy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes. Changing his username, then pretending someone else is hiding behind a keyboard

Here's the theatrical post in March where he talked down to a poster who simply said Wawrow's tweet was a little ambiguous

image.thumb.png.bc9208bb193d77d94fa37cca8bb6c5c3.png

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Yes. Changing his username, then pretending someone else is hiding behind a keyboard

Here's the theatrical post in March where he talked down to a poster who simply said Wawrow's tweet was a little ambiguous

image.thumb.png.bc9208bb193d77d94fa37cca8bb6c5c3.png

he also did this last year after a cryptic tweet of "something big is brewing, story coming"...... then got mad when people asked what it was, then as far as i know, never gave a story.

attacked every twitter response asking the same thing or when wed get the story lol

maybe he used to be able to bring news others couldnt, not anymore. look at the way Poyer, a respected vet/leader, responds to his mumbling questions.  he's repeatedly tried stirring the pot, to get them to say a headline..... and they've never taken the bait.  might of even been hyde too, whos more reserved and quiet to the press

you think Poyer hasnt shared with the locker room, that JW, is a clickbait seeker? these guys have literal training on how to deal with media, and that locker room is LOCKED DOWN to a reporter like JW.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

This is Meta drama. Drama on the team on the board, causing drama about the board on the board. Bickering bills. Bickering board.

Super Bowl confirmed. Beers on me. 

Meta drama you say?  TBD like...

mark-zuckerberg-vr-brille-juni-22-c-meta-youtube.thumb.jpg.dcab2e1b24653b33ec23918ebb3c8e0c.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I may be in the minority here but I really like John and appreciate his work. 

Lotta keyboard warriors that enjoy criticizing how journalists do their jobs but I doubt would invite that kind of scrutiny in their jobs. There is also a healthy amount of shooting the messenger, anytime someone reports something they don't like to hear it's immediately the reporter. 

Edited by blitzboy54
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

Lotta keyboard warriors that enjoy criticizing how journalists do their jobs but I doubt would invite that kind of scrutiny in theirs. There is also a healthy amount of shooting the messenger, anytime someone reports something they don't like to hear it's immediately the reporter. 

Lotta White Knighters as well. Just saying.

See the thing is I would have absolutely zero issue saying anything I've said here in person. John's work is noted. He's able to be a solid reporter. I praise any and all solid reporting he does. I know it's not easy work.

However, there are times where his personality gets in the way. If he's questioned in the slightest for clarification or why he would post something cryptic and not be willing to elaborate he gets rather snide and petty. 

In this thread specifically, he's being called out for attempting to slide in under a renamed account and troll like it wasn't him. This would happen to anyone if they tried the same. Would it not? 

36 minutes ago, Delete This Account said:

Wrong. My new name is my only goal, and simply want that to be known.

This is just a weird, sequence of posts/decisions honestly. Obviously changing the name of your account and having an argument with people but all you want is your account deleted doesn't really make sense. If that's what you want probably the best method would be to use the sites support or actually directly message one of the Administrators who might actually be able to do it. It'd be sad to see someone go though.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Came to read about Hop and the Bills and instead read a whole ton of drama. Guys.....who cares? It's a message board. We get on knowing most people are going to hate on what we say. Risk/reward. Not that this has anything to do with anything here but I just found out a former student of mine ended his life. Just some perspective. 

24 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

Lotta keyboard warriors that enjoy criticizing how journalists do their jobs but I doubt would invite that kind of scrutiny in their jobs. There is also a healthy amount of shooting the messenger, anytime someone reports something they don't like to hear it's immediately the reporter. 

They can get carried away with always trying to be the negative contrarian though.  He’s not as bad as Sullivan though.  I’ve always been a Vic Carruci fan.

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

According to Field Yates, we have 4.4 mil in cap space.  

IF Beane wanted, we could sign Hopkins for 1 year at say 9 million, up to 12 with incentives ? & add 2 void years to spread the hit 

I keep seeing people say "If Beane wanted" as if that's all it takes.

Just offering a fair market value probably isn't getting it done unless he's offering the highest amount. Hopkins wants money.

All that media noise before he got released was all fine and good. But it's pretty clear since hiring an agent, it's all about getting the most money he can.

I just read that Patriots can offer him 10 million with the ability to make 12 with incentives.?if I’m Beane I’d say hold my beer 🍺 call his agent and git er dun . Cap hit around 4 . Extend Jones should easily be enough 

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Delete This Account said:

Nothing gets past you, Billy.

Hey well I welcome you back.  This is my first time addressing you personally.  Me  I would love to read you here more.. and  hope that it  could be somehow fun and

relaxing  instead of like work.    I'm thinking a guy in  your position coming to a chatroom after being on twitter 24-7  ....I mean

Away from work should be relaxing and entertainment not More baloney. In any case   you might check out the OTW forum here for music and jokes. it does NOT suck.

Salud!

Go Bills. 

muppy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Delete This Account said:

I like this edgier version of JW.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Success said:

There is some chatter out there that he might sign w/ the Pats today.

This wouldn't make me happy.  I don't think it would make them a contender necessarily - but they'd be a tougher out, for sure.

They still have Mac Jones as the QB. Bills should sweep them. Actually, they better because sweeping the Jets and Fins will be tough this year. At worst I hope the Bills go 4-2 in the division.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Success said:

There is some chatter out there that he might sign w/ the Pats today.

This wouldn't make me happy.  I don't think it would make them a contender necessarily - but they'd be a tougher out, for sure.

I'd be less unhappy that he signed with the Patriots, and more unhappy that he didn't sign with us, if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I'd be less unhappy that he signed with the Patriots, and more unhappy that he didn't sign with us, if that makes sense.

I wouldn’t suddenly be worried about the Pats if they got Dhop, nice addition but not exactly like the Pats are just one WR away from making noise 

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I have to believe this is just leverage press put out there by Hopkin's agent.  I can't imagine he wants to pay there, unless he just wants money and they present the best offer

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.