Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Are you saying Hopkins wouldn't be NE's #1???

No I am saying he would be that’s why JuJu wouldn’t be facing the top CB. :)

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I see.  Juju is a slot anyways so that doesn’t really work 

He would be Parker would be the other outside receiver. He and Thornton would be the slot receivers. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok, wasn't saying before you were making stuff up or over stating what you heard...but this right here SCREAMS "I made stuff up and got called out on it"

You made a very strong statement that you cannot back up. 

Cannot Backup?  You mean sharing my opinion that based on recent things I have seen and read that I think there is a strong chance he will be a Patriot?  Geezus man, you DHop holdouts take this stuff way to serious and personal.  Now you want to hold me accountable for what others are saying in the media and online as if I am the one originating it?  

I want DHop to be a Bill too...but running around denying any and all other possibilities to prop up your hopes isn't gonna increase the odds.  At this point, its a VERY LOW possibility he will sign with the Bills and substantially higher chance it will be elsewhere.  And right now, the talk is that NE is the front runners.  Stop asking me to backup other peoples reports.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cannot Backup?  You mean sharing my opinion that based on recent things I have seen and read that I think there is a strong chance he will be a Patriot?  Geezus man, you DHop holdouts take this stuff way to serious and personal.  Now you want to hold me accountable for what others are saying in the media and online as if I am the one originating it?  

I want DHop to be a Bill too...but running around denying any and all other possibilities to prop up your hopes isn't gonna increase the odds.  At this point, its a VERY LOW possibility he will sign with the Bills and substantially higher chance it will be elsewhere.  And right now, the talk is that NE is the front runners.  Stop asking me to backup other peoples reports.  

Actually, I couldn't care less of DHop signs or not. And no, you weren't just "sharing an opinion based on what you heard". You flat out said you saw this on "multiple shows" and there's "more out there than I know". Yet, you refuse to say where any of this is actually happening. You saw it on a few shows? Cool. Everything is put online these days. What "sports shows" were they on so I may view and form an opinion based off the same info?  

You didn't originate it. Fine. I'll play along. Who did? That's all I'm asking. All the responding you've done...would have been shorter just to quote the show or shows you saw it on. But you can't do that. 

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Deandre Hopkins is gonna be a Pat.  He posted a pic with him and Judon in Pats locker room and said “La Familia” on Instagram.  

It’s a done deal IMO.  

Above is my original comment...literally stating IN MY OPINION its a done deal.  Below is every comment I made after to you and some others I was talking with.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But, he wasn't in Buffalo and post something calling someone on the Bills his family while they stood together inside a Bills locker room, so not the same thing IMO. 

Hopkins was standing inside the Pats locker room with his arm around Judon.  All reports are that a deal is all but done and an expected announcement is looming.  None of that happened with Buffalo or in his Buffalo Solider tweet.  

So, I think the odds are significantly stronger here that he will be a Patriot.  I would wager money on it this time where as before it was all speculation to what it even meant and all the connections to Buffalo were fan driven narratives based on hope.  

True, and I think for sure you are right about it the first time.  Him and the agent trying to make it happen.  But this time, it comes off the back of many reports that a deal is expected and an announcement is looming.  And its also time he signs, I don't think there are any other offers out there for him to consider at this point.  The interested teams are limited, so I am pretty sure he knows what he can get in each of those spots now, and NE always felt like the place he might get the most right now given the tight cap spots of his two top choices of Buffalo and KC.

But you are right, nothing is certain...I however feel the odds are pretty strong he will be Patriot soon.  I would love him in Buffalo, but after all our moves of late, I don't think its in the cards.  

It was on a bunch of sports new yesterday.  Maybe media was exaggerating it, but saw it mentioned multiple times while watching various sports shows yesterday that he was expected to sign there.  

Then after that, Hopkins posted the pic of him and Judon inside the Pats locker room with the caption "La Familia".  So feels like there is a lot more smoke here than in prior reports of where he might land.  

But also wouldn't be surprised if something changed, just feels like there are a lot of strong indicators he most likely signs with Pats at this point.  Which if he does, then it will show that money played a bigger role in his decision than playing with a top tier QB.  Which is fine, wouldn't blame him at all for that given this is his last relevant contract of his career.  

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Keep holding out hope...but I would bet money he signs with NE.  And there is more out there on it than you realize, but I am also not gonna do everyones due diligence on it either.  Like it or not, popular expectations and beliefs as of today are his most likely landing spot is NE.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Literally stated over and over again that it was MY OPINION and based on things I heard on various sports talk yesterday and some things I saw online and social media.  

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Actually, I couldn't care less of DHop signs or not. And no, you weren't just "sharing an opinion based on what you heard". You flat out said you saw this on "multiple shows" and there's "more out there than I know". Yet, you refuse to say where any of this is actually happening. You saw it on a few shows? Cool. Everything is put online these days. What "sports shows" were they on so I may view and form an opinion based off the same info?  

You didn't originate it. Fine. I'll play along. Who did? That's all I'm asking. All the responding you've done...would have been shorter just to quote the show or shows you saw it on. But you can't do that. 

What is your real problem here?  This has been such a waste of time.  I dont owe you a damn thing and I could care less if you want to challenge what shows this was mentioned on.  Its not my job to take crib notes for you and validate the stuff on sports talk shows.  Your whole angle here has been absurd and utterly pointless.  You don't believe me that DeAndre Hopkins and the Pats visit were on the news, or that there is buzz they are the front runners...then who the F cares.  Turn a TV on, catch up on YouTube, listen to a podcast...its been talked about quite a bit on a lot of shows...or don't, and instead go around trying to puff up your chest and claim it didn't happen even though you have no point of reference and didnt watch or listen yourself...who cares, what ever floats your boat.  

I have a newborn baby 4 weeks old tomorrow, I have all kinds of sports talk shows and podcasts on in the background all day as I chill with my kid.  You are the last person I need to validate that to and won't waste any more time with your pointless and childish agenda here.  

NOTE TO SELF:  This is why to stay away from this thread.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Above is my original comment...literally stating IN MY OPINION its a done deal.  Below is every comment I made after to you and some others I was talking with.

Literally stated over and over again that it was MY OPINION and based on things I heard on various sports talk yesterday and some things I saw online and social media.  

What is your real problem here?  This has been such a waste of time.  I dont owe you a damn thing and I could care less if you want to challenge what shows this was mentioned on.  Its not my job to take crib notes for you and validate the stuff on sports talk shows.  Your whole angle here has been absurd and utterly pointless.  You don't believe me that DeAndre Hopkins and the Pats visit were on the news, or that there is buzz they are the front runners...then who the F cares.  Turn a TV on, catch up on YouTube, listen to a podcast...its been talked about quite a bit on a lot of shows...or don't, and instead go around trying to puff up your chest and claim it didn't happen even though you have no point of reference and didnt watch or listen yourself...who cares, what ever floats your boat.  

I have a newborn baby 4 weeks old tomorrow, I have all kinds of sports talk shows and podcasts on in the background all day as I chill with my kid.  You are the last person I need to validate that to and won't waste any more time with your pointless and childish agenda here.  

NOTE TO SELF:  This is why to stay away from this thread.  

You have a 4 week baby, no time. But time to quote everything you posted all day. Got it.

Would have saved time to say "yea man check out this show and you'll see what I mean". You stated you saw a signing was imminent on "many shows" as you quoted yourself saying yet refuse to say what show....that's just odd man. Again, not saying you made it up...but fully understand if someone would think that. 

Go play with your kid man. Obviously being an adult is too taxing for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You have a 4 week baby, no time. But time to quote everything you posted all day. Got it.

Would have saved time to say "yea man check out this show and you'll see what I mean". You stated you saw a signing was imminent on "many shows" as you quoted yourself saying yet refuse to say what show....that's just odd man. Again, not saying you made it up...but fully understand if someone would think that. 

Go play with your kid man. Obviously being an adult is too taxing for you.

I have a lot of time to do things...like block you.  In all the years I have been here, you are the first person I have blocked.  Congrats.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a lot of time to do things...like block you.  In all the years I have been here, you are the first person I have blocked.  Congrats.  

PS:  My rep here is 1000 times what yours is.  I have brought a ton of inside info here that has always proven factual.  And you want to challenge my integrity over what shows I watched?  Seriously?  Get bent, you don't deserve my dialogue.  

Seriously, bud. All I asked for is the name of a show....I don't get how that is so mentally taxing but you do you.

3 hours ago, Mcg said:

He's not signing with the patriots and wasting his career away 

JJ Watt took the bag from a middle-of-the-pack Cardinals team and spent the last two years of his career wasting away in AZ but making good money doing so. Some players don't always value a title and they just want the money. 

4 hours ago, Mcg said:

He still be a Texan if they had not traded him. Outside of Watson he played with a lot of God awful teams. My point? He will go where he gets the most money GUARANTEED.  That probably won’t be NE because well BB just doesn’t do that very often. 

5 hours ago, Mcg said:

The idea that players are more about Rings and less about Money is a romantic fan driven idea. Not saying it never happens. But that generally only happens if the contender options are fairly close in offer.

If the Titans or the Pats are going to overpay and the Bills and Chiefs are only looking to pay him average to below average money with incentives - best believe he'll sign with the Titans or the Pats.

He's probably waiting and hoping a better team sees he's serious about taking one of their offers and matches or comes close to it. But if no one does, he'll sign with one of them.

And I don't see Brandon Beane getting into a bidding war for anyone at this point. He's a firm, "here's our offer, take it or leave it" kind of GM. Floyd got done because he came back to our offer. If Hopkins were to sign here, it will be the same thing.

But given that he took those visits, I don't see that as likely. And after everything that happened this week with Diggs, I see it as even less likely. It would send the wrong message to Diggs and the Media if we were to bring Hopkins in now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

7 hours ago, Mcg said:

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

if he wants to get paid, he will

Yup.  The Cheaters have no chance to win a SB before he's done there.

On 6/16/2023 at 7:22 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Haven’t all the contenders said they will pass? I THINK It’s between NE and Tennessee .  I’d love him in NE but wouldn’t be completely upset if he didn’t come either. He is the difference between 9-8 and 10-7 neither of which is good enough for the playoffs this year IMO. 

Perhaps stated up thread but adding weapons decisively determines the fate of McCorkle with the Pats**. But more than that, it also creates an overall team ripe for a new QB in 2024 (perhaps with a bridge QB for the first two years).

Remember how stacked the Steelers were when they drafted BenR

On 6/16/2023 at 8:22 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Haven’t all the contenders said they will pass? I THINK It’s between NE and Tennessee .  I’d love him in NE but wouldn’t be completely upset if he didn’t come either. He is the difference between 9-8 and 10-7 neither of which is good enough for the playoffs this year IMO. 

Nine wins seems sporty with the AFC East schedule this year.  

1 hour ago, birdo67 said:

This guy is a clown. Wasn't he "recruiting" last off-season too? How well did that work out for the *Pats? They are a joke and I love it. Hopkins will be the next Julio Jones if he goes there. Irrelevant 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This guy is a clown. Wasn't he "recruiting" last off-season too? How well did that work out for the *Pats? They are a joke and I love it. Hopkins will be the next Julio Jones if he goes there. Irrelevant 

The players get just as bored as we do.

49 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

The players get just as bored as we do.

He should probably not be suggesting the Pats have best of anything. They are a .500 team if they are lucky. They are basically the Bills for 20 years without a QB. Belichick is basically Rex Ryan without Brady. Their entire organization is a joke and was built on the back of the greatest QB of all time. The "Patriot Way" was just the "Tom Brady is the best player in the league" way. Anyone who goes there to play goes into obscurity. The bottom feeders of the AFC East. I love it 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Judon knows Belichick at this point. I seriously doubt he would post this if he knew anything, ahead of any official announcement or contract being finalized.

Maybe Judon meant to start a poll on who the fans thought was the GM of the year, but he just worded it poorly.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Perhaps stated up thread but adding weapons decisively determines the fate of McCorkle with the Pats**. But more than that, it also creates an overall team ripe for a new QB in 2024 (perhaps with a bridge QB for the first two years).

Remember how stacked the Steelers were when they drafted BenR

IMO getting a true starting tackle opposite Brown. ( if he plays) is needed more to see what we have in Mac than another weapon.  I think the weapons and a real OC will help a lot as long as he has some time and isn’t getting killed every time he throws

18 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Nine wins seems sporty with the AFC East schedule this year.  

They got 8 last year with no real OC and a D that was only good against bad teams/QBs with no true or potential true CB1. That was all BB pulling wins out of his butt and if they didn’t blow the Raiders game they make the playoffs both years with Jones at QB. (And that O last year was beyond horrid.) so as I said 9-10 wins is the top end based on the schedule.

• Agree 2

Not saying he's going to be a Pat but it's been crazy that when Brady was rolling the AFC east, Buffalo, Miami and NY were bottom feeders and seemed to do nothing. Now that Buffalo is the Top dog, every AFC east team is pretty stacked....ok NE isn't stacked but they aren't chumps either (if Hop goes there). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

They got 8 last year with no real OC and a D that was only good against bad teams/QBs with no true or potential true CB1. That was all BB pulling wins out of his butt and if they didn’t blow the Raiders game they make the playoffs both years with Jones at QB. (And that O last year was beyond horrid.) so as I said 9-10 wins is the top end based on the schedule.

How would you rank the AFC East on paper?  Most have them fourth.  Better OC will help but you don’t get two easy wins vs the jets this year.  NFC East, AFC West etc does not have those qbs you are talking about they played last year.   Of course injuries can change that.  

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

How would you rank the AFC East on paper?  Most have them fourth.  Better OC will help but you don’t get two easy wins vs the jets this year.  NFC East, AFC West etc does not have those qbs you are talking about they played last year.   Of course injuries can change that.  

Ok just MY OPINION:

1. Bills - Best QB, should have a better D with your HC taking over play calling. They really looked exhausted last year come the playoffs, they find a way rectify that I have them in the AFCCG.

Dolphins -  ONLY if Tua stays healthy otherwise they will flounder around .500 at best. 

Pats -  Adding a real OC will help make the O at least respectable again, if the get DHop it could be pretty good. (I am expecting Jones be in the running for comeback player of the year) The D got a youth infusion from the draft and I expect it be pretty good with Mayo running it with Steve B. (I think Mayo is the HC here when BB leaves)

Jets — On paper they look amazing, but it all relies on Rogers. I expect them to fall flat and be well the Jets. They fail make the playoffs and still end up giving up a first to the packers as Rogers plays every game.

Again my opinion and I could see the Pats as high as second if Tua gets hurt again, which isn’t hard to believe. I see the Bills as the class of the division with the Jets and dolphins having a house of cards that will tumble down and the Pats just not even close to there yet.

Also last year, which they looked absolutely awful, they BLEW games against Minnesota, LV, and GB. They also lost the final game because Special Teams. This year with a competent O I am thinking they play better and they win a lot of these games. 

Edited by PatsFanNH

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pats -  Adding a real OC will help make the O at least respectable again, if the get DHop it could be pretty good. (I am expecting Jones be in the running for comeback player of the year) The D got a youth infusion from the draft and I expect it be pretty good with Mayo running it with Steve B. (I think Mayo is the HC here when BB leaves)

Comeback player of the year implies past success being interrupted, but then the player becoming successful again. This doesn’t apply to Jones. He has never been successful. He could be most improved though.

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Comeback player of the year implies past success being interrupted, but then the player becoming successful again. This doesn’t apply to Jones. He has never been successful. He could be most improved though.

Yeah, Comeback Player of the Year goes to players who return from a serious injury. Guys who had a down year and then a massive year aren't going to take that award.

It will go to someone like Odell Beckham Jr, Matt Stafford, Breece Hall, or Tua Tagovailoa. 

And honestly, given the severity of the injury, even if Damar Hamlin finishes the season in a reserve role - I could see the award going to him. But, yeah, no way does it go to Mac Jones for improving his performance.

7 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

They have it to Tanahill when he joined the Titans and had a very good year. While Jones only be his third year his first year he was a “Pro Bowler” so returning to good form would put him up for consideration I was thinking. ( I always felt it should go to someone who was injured and came back to perform well myself.) 

1) Bills - Still far and away the best team in the division for me but I expect them to make everything about the postseason and maybe they don't show their best every week in the regular season. Something like a 12-5 or 11-6 record

2) Jets - I think the Dolphins are better but the Jets get to play a last place schedule. Rodgers isn't totally washed up but he isn't the QB that will go win games by himself anymore. The Jets have the talent to support him though. They aren't Super Bowl contenders but they have elite players at all the important positions except QB and at least their QB is a Super Bowl winner/MVP even if he's a shell of himself. 

3) Dolphins - I actually think they're really really good everywhere except QB. Even a totally healthy Tua just makes me think of them as a Vikings or Cowboys type team of the past decade where they are never real contenders because they don't have an elite QB and they have a coach who overthinks things

4) Patriots - They will be better but Jones just isn't the guy for me. Having a real OC will help him and the whole offense. They'll do something like beat the Eagles in Week 1 and then be 1-4 after 5 weeks

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, Comeback Player of the Year goes to players who return from a serious injury. Guys who had a down year and then a massive year aren't going to take that award.

It will go to someone like Odell Beckham Jr, Matt Stafford, Breece Hall, or Tua Tagovailoa. 

And honestly, given the severity of the injury, even if Damar Hamlin finishes the season in a reserve role - I could see the award going to him. But, yeah, no way does it go to Mac Jones for improving his performance.

Geno Smith was a nobody until last year, and he won it.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-qb-geno-smith-named-ap-comeback-player-of-the-year#:~:text=Smith%2C who also won the,Player of the Year honors.

15 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It seems to be a foregone conclusion that this is Damar’s award this year. 

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/comeback-player-of-the-year/

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2023 at 7:53 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Clown!  I was gonna post the same thing.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

That's true. 

But Geno flamed out as a Starter and then spent 5 seasons as a Backup that never saw the field before rising like a phoenix.

Not exactly the same as having a less than stellar year one year and a stellar year the next. You don't get comeback player of the year that way.

1 hour ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

It seems to be a foregone conclusion that this is Damar’s award this year. 

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/comeback-player-of-the-year/

Didn't know the Vegas Odds, but when I thought of it, considering what he went through - even playing again in any capacity is going to trump anything anyone else does when it comes to "Coming Back".

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sign Hop just to see this clown's reaction 

Not going to happen unless Hopkins wakes up one morning and completely changes course and says "I don't care about the guaranteed money, I just want to play there". If we were offering anything close to what Tennessee or New England were offering, he'd have taken a visit here.

And even then, I'm not sure we're even in it at all. Diggs is reportedly upset about his usage. After last week and after spending a 1st and a 4th on Kincaid and targeting and paying Harty on Day 2 of FA already, which should cut into his targets even more than last year, I can't see them bringing in Hopkins too.

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And even then, I'm not sure we're even in it at all. Diggs is reportedly upset about his usage. After last week and after spending a 1st and a 4th on Kincaid and targeting and paying Harty on Day 2 of FA already, which should cut into his targets even more than last year, I can't see them bringing in Hopkins too.

Hopkins has a catch percent of 65-72% over the past 4 seasons which compares favorably with Diggs' 70% and far better than Davis' ~50%.

If we were to sign Hopkins and Kincaid turns out to be a good rookie, its Davis' targets which will go down. Yes, Diggs will also see a reduction but not to a great degree. Plus Diggs will be open a lot more to make impact plays. Davis will be the one dropping down the pecking order. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Hopkins has a catch percent of 65-72% over the past 4 seasons which compares favorably with Diggs' 70% and far better than Davis' ~50%.

If we were to sign Hopkins and Kincaid turns out to be a good rookie, its Davis' targets which will go down. Yes, Diggs will also see a reduction but not to a great degree. Plus Diggs will be open a lot more to make impact plays. Davis will be the one dropping down the pecking order. 

I think you're greatly downplaying how much of a reduction he'd have if Hopkins were on the field at the same time, as well as Kincaid in the slot. Quite a big difference between Davis and McKenzie as far as talent goes. 

Not to mention, I think everyone is greatly underestimating Deonte Harty. Beane didn't sign him on Day 1 of Free Agency to a multi year deal and outbid other teams for his services for him not to be used. And Davis isn't going to go from Starter to being barely used at all either. 

The reduction would be noticable and he's already reportedly unhappy with what it was last season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.