Day 2 Bills Draft Targets ?

Warriorspikes51

Who would you like to see the Bills target in Round 2 & 3? A few names…

WR

Hyatt, Mingo, Dell, Tillman, Downs, Mims, Reed, Hutchinson, Wilson

OT

Matthew Bergeron, Cody Mauch, Dawand Jones

C/G

Steve Avila, O'Cyrus Torrence, John Michael Schmitz, Joe Tippman

DT

Adetomiwa Adebawore, Gervon Dexter, Keeanu Benton, Zacch Pickens, Jacquelin Roy

LB/EDGE

Drew Sanders, Keion White, Trenton Simpson, BJ Ojulari, Byron Young, Nick Herbig

CB

Joey Porter Jr, Kelee Ringo, Cam Smith, 

S

Brian Branch, Jordan Battle, Ji'Ayir Brown

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Joe Tippman OC Wisconsin

Matthew Bergeron OT/OG Syracuse

Gervon Dexter DT Florida

Cody Mauch OG NDSU

Quan Martin S Illinois

Byron Young DE Tennessee

Trenton Simpson LB Clemson 

Zacch Pickens DT South Carolina

Sydney Brown S Illinois

Nick Saldiveri OC/OG Old Dominion

Drew Sanders LB Arkansas 

John Michael Schmitz OC Minnesota

• Like (+1) 3

How about we trade Knox and Oliver for DHop and #33. 

then draft Washington at 33 and Avila at 59. Then in the 3rd get the best DT that’s there. Benton, Ika, Coburn 

one can dream can’t he 

In all seriousness, I’d say Avila, Bergeron, Schmitz, Mauch, Jones, O’Torrence, Tillman

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

then draft Washington at 33 and Avila at 59. Then in the 3rd get the best DT that’s there. Benton, Ika, Coburn 

one can dream can’t he 

In all seriousness, I’d say Avila, Bergeron, Schmitz, Mauch, Jones, O’Torrence, Tillman

What?? Dude no, we need Knox. Trust me Knox is going no where.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Good news is there will probably be 2 QB’s, and 3 or 4 Tight Ends taken before we pick tomorrow.  Hopefully a quality IOL player is available at pick 59.  I might even trade up again for an Avila or the kid from Florida.  

We, imo are either going IOL, Tackle with Guard Flex, or DLine 

• Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What?? Dude no, we need Knox. Trust me Knox is going no where.

We needed him so much we barely utilize him as a pass catcher and then drafted someone who catches passes better from the same position. 

should have been Washington imo. But I’m ok with Dalton. 

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

WR

OT

C/G

DT

LB/EDGE

Drew Sanders, Keion White, Trenton Simpson, BJ Ojulari, Byron Young, Nick Herbig

CB

S

My biggest want is Cody Mauch, but I don’t think there is any chance we get him without a sizeable trade up as I expect him to go early in the 2nd.  But you never know, draft has been unpredictable.

Either Simpson or Sanders would be a nice get, or maybe Downs at WR too.  

Branch or Porter Jr also would be sweet, but both should go early in the 2nd.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

I’d love to get Tippman, who could play guard until we need him at center. But I doubt he’ll be there at 59. 

He would be the one I would want the Bills to get, but unfortunately, you are right that he will likely be gone before pick 59.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

We needed him so much we barely utilize him as a pass catcher and then drafted someone who catches passes better from the same position. 

Guarantee this offense changes and uses way more 2 TE sets

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

WR

OT

C/G

DT

LB/EDGE

CB

S

Value is going to likely be at OG by the time our pick comes around. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

They don’t really play the same way.  Kincaid is a jumbo receiver.  They can use him like a WR in alignment.  Knox is a traditional TE.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Pirate Angel said:

Id be surprised if they Didn't address the Oline...Cody Mauch really looks like a player Beane would target, versatile, plays with an edge. 

I love Mauch, he’s a mauler and I think has major potential.  I don’t think he will last long in the 2nd round though.  Then again, this draft has been hard to predict, so who knows.  I’d love to land him or one of the LBs Sanders or Simpson

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

We, imo are either going IOL, Tackle with Guard Flex, or DLine 

Given the defensive slant of our head coach and the fact they went offense in round one, I’d put my money on defense in the 2nd.   We need another playmaker on defense besides Milano, Johnson and Miller, whenever he returns.  We need that DT that creates havoc.   The rest of the current group of d-linemen are kind of meh.

If you look at the WR group, since Kincaid was added as an offensive weapon, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were content with the free agent additions of Harty and Sherfield .  Sherfield was Miami’s 3rd WR so he could assume that role with the Bills.  Shakir was drafted last year and Harty is a Smurf like most of the WRs in this draft.  

Same with the O-Line.  I haven’t hear McD or Beane say they need to replace Brown.  They may be happy with him.  They also added McGovern ( ) and Edwards as guards who have started elsewhere.  Along with Bates and Boettger, they could be set there.

To me, they do need to address safety with Hyde and Poyer getting up there in years.  Hamlin plans to be back but we’ll see.  I don’t know much about Rapp.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

one can dream can’t he 

First of all: No!

And even if we would like to do it. There will be a massive dead cap-hit for us.

I think we trade up and get Sanders.

I would not rule out a Oliver trade in some kind of package that sends a pick for Sanders and a pick for a younger DL-player to us.

Edited by Visent

With the selection of Kincaid to be a big slot receiver, I would be surprised if they consider any of the remaining slot options- I would cross off Josh Downs even though I really like him.

They could still consider an outside WR like Cedric Tillman or Rashee Rice.

I don’t think any of the remaining OT prospects will last until pick 59 and I think I’d stay away from Jaelan Duncan - I just wasn’t impressed with how passively he plays (in the games I watched).

G/C is a possibility if one remains.

Inside LB is the obvious need and I’d love to get Trenton Simpson, but I think he will go by mid-2nd.  I’m unsure if I’d consider Drew Sanders if he is there.  He is a gamble to me.

I think there is a good chance CB will be best player available and I would not hate it, if they go that route.  Teams are passing 60+ % of the time now.

Of course S is a need for after this year, if they like any that are still on the board.

I hope that we get one of those OL, and I am pretty sure Beane wants that too.

If I count correctly there are 6 of them - Avila, Tippmann, Schmitz, Torrence, Bergeron or Mauch. Just find a way to draft any of them they like.

Only problem I see that we probably won't be able to trade up since we already did it in the first round. So need to get lucky here. I'd spend that 5th we have if need be.

If it goes another direction, just take BPA or trade down. 

4 hours ago, mrags said:

one can dream can’t he 

That's some next level Kevin Costner "Draft Day" thinking right there!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't know who, but I will speculate an Interior O or D lineman, or staying in the middle of the field, a Middle/Interior Linebacker type.

Or a backup QB? Have you seen the rumors about Josh's personal life--he could be quitting football soon? 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I don't know who, but I will speculate an Interior O or D lineman, or staying in the middle of the field, a Middle/Interior Linebacker type.

Or a backup QB? Have you seen the rumors about Josh's personal life--he could be quitting football soon? 🤣

He’s got that fresh “i’m back on tinder” haircut

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.