The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

2 minutes ago, Delete This Account said:

Ahhh, how cute. The three of them are living rent-free in this poster's head. Otherwise, he why post about each of them every other day or so.

That's because each one of them (Graham, Sully and Wawrow) are fatally flawed in the eyes of most of Bills Mafia.

If Diggs is upset that Allen is not focused enough during the season to play consistently well and thinks some of the turnovers and struggles were due to this, perhaps he is upset that Allen dumped his long time GF and said he has never been more focused on football then seemingly goes out and starts dating a Hollywood actress which Diggs then takes as him saying stuff just to say it but not following thru with his actions and now he will once again be distracted during the season with this new woman.

Seems there is some disconnect between Allen and Diggs and Diggs thinking Allen needs to do more of "something" to improve performance...whether that's film study, taking things more seriously, whatever...

Perhaps his "If that's the lie you have to tell to sleep better then tell it Big Dawg" is related to Allen saying one thing but then apparently doing the opposite?

Diggs seems to have a Brady like laser focus in terms of improving and playing and obsessing about being the best during the season and wants the same from Allen and Allen might not be willing to go to that level and Diggs is taking that as a sign he isn't really as serious about being the best as he claims to be and is driving a wedge between them, like Diggs is looking at him and saying "You said you want to be the best and want to win a SB but yet you aren't willing to lock in and focus on football only during the season...how serious are you?"

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

This is a lot of editorializing on matters we don’t know anything about.

I feel this will get worked out and the dead cap is too huge so there is zero chance for a trade.  On Diggs side, he’s not going anywhere as he’s under contract and the $ gets real when he hits TC.

It could be anything.  I’m not going to demonize the player or the team when we know nothing.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

If Diggs is upset that Allen is not focused enough during the season to play consistently well and thinks some of the turnovers and struggles were due to this, perhaps he is upset that Allen dumped his long time GF and said he has never been more focused on football then seemingly goes out and starts dating a Hollywood actress which Diggs then takes as him saying stuff just to say it but not following thru with his actions and now he will once again be distracted during the season with this new woman.

Seems there is some disconnect between Allen and Diggs and Diggs thinking Allen needs to do more of "something" to improve performance...whether that's film study, taking things more seriously, whatever...

Perhaps his "If that's the lie you have to tell to sleep better then tell it Big Dawg" is related to Allen saying one thing but then apparently doing the opposite?

I know this will seem ridiculous to most...Because it is getting ridiculous. But this is almost word for word what I told a buddy of mine I thought was going on...Like...almost word for word.

I think you have to understand human nature a bit and the kind of competitor Diggs is to cross over to a theory like this. But I had the thought yesterday, and here it is again unsolicited. So I think there may be something to it. To be honest when I saw Josh out with that chick, even though I couldn't care less about it, my very first thought was his comments about never being more focused. If it's true that Diggs thought he was distracted by the drama last year, and I have no idea if that is true...But if it is, just imagine a guy with Diggs fire seeing that...

So...Anyway...We'll see I guess. B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

I know this will seem ridiculous to most...Because it is getting ridiculous. But this is almost word for word what I told a buddy of mine I thought was going on...Like...almost word for word.

I think you have to understand human nature a bit and the kind of competitor Diggs is to cross over to a theory like this. But I had the thought yesterday, and here it is again unsolicited. So I think there may be something to it. To be honest when I saw Josh out with that chick, even though I could care less about it, my very first thought was his comments about never being more focused. If it's true that Diggs thought he was distracted by the drama last year, and I have no idea if that is true...But if it is, just imagine a guy with Diggs fire seeing that...

With Allen and Diggs being as close as they were/are, it would almost feel like a betrayal if Allen were to tell him he wants to win but won't focus like that and wants to do other stuff too. Like Diggs felt they were the same spirit competitively but then realized they actually aren't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

With Allen and Diggs being as close as they were/are, it would almost feel like a betrayal if Allen were to tell him he wants to win but won't focus like that and wants to do other stuff too. Like Diggs felt they were the same spirit competitively but then realized they actually aren't.

It's got to be something else, imho--anybody who puts their body on the line (or airborne) the way Josh does to get a 1st down in a crucial spot like we've seen him do time after time, doesn't lack in fiery juice. But I have little doubt the whole story will come out soon enough.   

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Diggs seems to have a Brady like laser focus in terms of improving and playing and obsessing about being the best during the season and wants the same from Allen and Allen might not be willing to go to that level and Diggs is taking that as a sign he isn't really as serious about being the best as he claims to be and is driving a wedge between them, like Diggs is looking at him and saying "You said you want to be the best and want to win a SB but yet you aren't willing to lock in and focus on football only during the season...how serious are you?"

All plausible any way with all these guys - all of them. 

You’re the only no show day 1 over that?  And it airs sort of publicly leaving all to speculate?  

I think it’s more likely he wants to know wtf we couldn’t trade for CMC last season or why we haven’t signed Nuke yet or why this new playbook they have doesn’t have his face on it.   

Edited by Big Blitz

34 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It's got to be something else, imho--anybody who puts their body on the line (or airborne) the way Josh does to get a 1st down in a crucial spot like we've seen him do time after time, doesn't lack in fiery juice. But I have little doubt the whole story will come out soon enough.   

There is a difference between having fiery juice on gameday and preparing as much as possible leading up to the game and watching film, etc...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I think you have to understand human nature a bit and the kind of competitor Diggs is to cross over to a theory like this. But I had the thought yesterday, and here it is again unsolicited. So I think there may be something to it. To be honest when I saw Josh out with that chick, even though I could care less about it, my very first thought was his comments about never being more focused. If it's true that Diggs thought he was distracted by the drama last year, and I have no idea if that is true...But if it is, just imagine a guy with Diggs fire seeing that...

So grown men aren’t allowed to date? It automatically takes away your focus?

Digs is dating six chicks and it doesn’t seem to bother his focus

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There is a difference between having fiery juice on gameday and preparing as much as possible leading up to the game and watching film, etc...

Somebody who has improved as much as Josh didn’t get there by not preparing an insane amount leading up to the games and the season

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So grown men aren’t allowed to date? It automatically takes away your focus?

Digs is dating six chicks and it doesn’t seem to bother his focus

Somebody who has improved as much as Josh didn’t get there by not preparing an insane amount leading up to the games and the season

All we can do is speculate since we don't really have information on what is actually happening and the conversations between the two players.

Perhaps Allen said something about not studying film one night to do stuff with his girl, etc...

Who knows?

But clearly something is irking Diggs and it makes more sense that it's something regarding Allen not being as prepared as he should be at all times and relying on his ability too much rather than his film studying, etc...

Perhaps Diggs feels that's why he has so many sloppy turnovers last year and dumb plays.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

All we can do is speculate since we don't really have information on what is actually happening and the conversations between the two players.

Perhaps Allen said something about not studying film one night to do stuff with his girl, etc...

Who knows?

But clearly something is irking Diggs and it makes more sense that it's something regarding Allen not being as prepared as he should be at all times and relying on his ability too much rather than his film studying, etc...

Perhaps Diggs feels that's why he has so many sloppy turnovers last year and dumb plays.

A lot of "who knows" and speculating for statements as confident as the bolded.

Why does that make sense? Everything we've seen with Allen is he wants to get better and he has that drive. Especially in games.

The bengals game was a team failure, not a allen wasn't prepared failure.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Who knows?

Or Diggs is a passionate guy who can’t control his emotions and they get the better of him 

that’s nothing new

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It's speculation but boy what a great post. Fantastic insight here. It's quite plausible too. 

I can't blame Allen for the media attention, commercials, and dating sexy Hollywood glame. However, in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe it could be a slight distraction. 

Then I think about Allen and his will to win, the way he plays, his words, and his leadership. I don't see much that gives me concern with regards to Allen being distracted or unfocused. Of course, I don't have an ringside seat like Diggs. 

Nevertheless, the post was quite inquisitive and thought generating. 

Edited by newcam2012

26 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Then I think about Allen and his will to win, the way he plays, his words, and his leadership. I don't see much that gives me concern with regards to Allen being distracted or unfocused. Of course, I don't have an ringside seat like Diggs. 

Thing is, we don't really know the real story.  Maybe Josh was out until 4am the night before the Bengals game.  If he was, F him. He should know better.  Try and calm the lifestyle down for a few weeks in the post season, big guy.

When he wins the Super Bowl, he can drink, party, and screw until his head explodes.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Or Diggs is a passionate guy who can’t control his emotions and they get the better of him 

that’s nothing new

But that doesn't mean what he is upset about isn't legitimately something he should be upset about either.

• Like (+1) 1

I usually find winners gravitate towards each other. They might have had some dispute,  maybe about Dorsey , I have no clue but best believe these 2 will be locked in with each other all year for the betterment of the team,  even if they had or have some heated arguments 

SB or Bust baby. This team has some dogs

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

It's speculation but boy what a great post. Fantastic insight here. It's quite plausible too. 

I can't blame Allen for the media attention, commercials, and dating sexy Hollywood glame. However, in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe it could be a slight distraction. 

Nevertheless, the post was quite inquisitive and thought generating. 

The hollywood actress is too much.

Why can't josh date a typical girl from buffalo ???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4

1. Maybe he thinks Allen has let success go to his head a little

2. Maybe he thinks he isn't getting the ball enough

3. Maybe the best friend thing was more played out than what it actually was

4. Maybe Diggs has no control over his emotions

5. Was going to be maybe this is nothing, but I don't think it's literally nothing anymore. It might amount to nothing long term, but it's not nothing. 

Pride and ego, it can get pretty damn complicated. Plenty of people never learn to manage either and it's been causing problems with relationships since the beginning of time. I'm all but certain whatever "it" is, results from that. The tricky thing with pride and ego is you can get past things for awhile, only to deal with a breakdown again. I don't know if we can say "all good". We will see....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Thing is, we don't really know the real story.  Maybe Josh was out until 4am the night before the Bengals game.  If he was, F him. He should know better.  Try and calm the lifestyle down for a few weeks in the post season, big guy.

When he wins the Super Bowl, he can drink, party, and screw until his head explodes.

I highly doubt that scenario. 

True, we don't know the story. 

11 hours ago, Delete This Account said:

Ahhh, how cute. The three of them are living rent-free in this poster's head. Otherwise, he why post about each of them every other day or so.

If you click the user name this account goes back to Warrow's old account. Hey, John. Glad to see ya back.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Delete This Account said:

John, it's hysterical that you say them. Someone who writes for a living would say "the three of us" unless they are trying to hide their identity. It's things like this that hurt your credibility as a "reporter". 

Not even Jerry Sullivan is thin skinned enough to monitor this board and try some bush league stuff like this. 

23 hours ago, Delete This Account said:

Hi John!  Good to see you.  Any chance you'd be willing to Spill that Tea now about the issue to which you alluded last fall?

23 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I like Graham and Wawrow, I guess I'm in the silent minority.

Nah, I'll speak up.  Wawrow is a good journalist in my book.  Good sources, puts information together to craft clear stories.  Has to be.  AP is a bastion of journalistic standards in an increasingly broad sea of slop

Graham has always written very good feature pieces.  I dislike his Twitter jousting with fans and his attitude of "thou must not criticize moi thou lowly peon" when he was here, and don't think either reflects well on him, but he still writes very good feature pieces.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Hi John!  Good to see you.  Any chance you'd be willing to Spill that Tea now about the issue to which you alluded last fall?

Nah, I'll speak up.  Wawrow is a good journalist in my book.  Good sources, puts information together to craft clear stories.  Has to be.  AP is a bastion of journalistic standards in an increasingly broad sea of slop

Graham has always written very good feature pieces.  I dislike his Twitter jousting with fans and his attitude of "thou must not criticize moi thou lowly peon" when he was here, and don't think either reflects well on him, but he still writes very good feature pieces.

Without going into too much detail, the issue last fall has done a complete 180 in the aftermath and has been a benefit to both sides in the end.

It had nothing to do with Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah, F that guy for doing something that you made up in your brain.  🙄

On 4/20/2023 at 8:00 AM, NUT said:

Diggs is the only player I can stomach these days. I'm pissed off just as he is.

This is just silly.  The main issue I have with Digg's is walking out of the locker room as a captain.  This idea that rest of the guys are soft, and only Diggs truly wants to win is insulting.  Every guy on that wants to win, and walking out on your teammates speaks to immaturity more than wanting to win.  If you can't stomach the other guys, I suggest a new team.  I'm so sorry you have to put up with this infuriating group of players who somehow marshmellowed their way to a 13-3 season last year, and are clearly top 5 heading into the season this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

*sarcasm alert * They clearly hate each other which is why Allen is talking about how much he loves Diggs and Diggs is posting buddy buddy pics with him and Allen on IG

I think this thread can just die and go away now…they clearly are all good.  

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

*sarcasm alert * They clearly hate each other which is why Allen is talking about how much he loves Diggs and Diggs is posting buddy buddy pics with him and Allen on IG

I think this thread can just die and go away now…they clearly are all good.  

I hope you are right.  I really do.  

But why did McD say they all needed some space?   You don't need "space" unless there's some friction.  It was great to see Diggs on the field with his teammates yesterday, but I still worry there might be some residual bad feelings.   Hopefully, Diggs puts those aside and performs.  

32 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I hope you are right.  I really do.  

But why did McD say they all needed some space?   You don't need "space" unless there's some friction.  It was great to see Diggs on the field with his teammates yesterday, but I still worry there might be some residual bad feelings.   Hopefully, Diggs puts those aside and performs.  

I think when the first game starts, Diggs will be all business and try to do the best he can. As long as he operates like that, there isn't much of an issue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1