Calling it now: Drew Sanders will be the Bills number Three pick 😁😁

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I bet 😋😋

The difference between both Sabrespace and TBD is funny. I made an off color joke based on somebody's phrasing and I got a slap on the wrist from a mod. 

Over hear you get all the fake internet points. 

I do appreciate that neither devolve into any wild crassness.....even though that is how I communicate in real life. 

• Agree 1

Good athlete but certainly not in line with replacing Edmunds without significant coaching. He’s a pass rusher type more than coverage LB. Micah Parsons light vs Edmunds the coverage LB. Bills are not picking this particular fella unless he falls to the 3rd and he is put on the edge. 

6 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

That's why I believe trading out of the first round may be the better play than reaching.  Not a ton of true first round talent in this draft IMO and if we get a chance to get an extra pick or two by dropping back into the early/mid second, we should probably take it.

Great value at 33-48 if we go that route with Campbell. But who cares if we take him at 27. We need about 3 key spots filled in this draft. # 1 is LB. If he goes at 27 it means they think he’s the immediate starter and that’s ok with me. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Good athlete but certainly not in line with replacing Edmunds without significant coaching. He’s a pass rusher type more than coverage LB. Micah Parsons light vs Edmunds the coverage LB. Bills are not picking this particular fella unless he falls to the 3rd and he is put on the edge. 

The same thing was said about Tremaine Edmunds going into the Draft. Even less prognosticators had Edmunds as a MLB than Drew Sanders. He was considered a 3-4 OLB pass rusher type.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

22 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m going out on a limb and I say that Bijan Robinson will be a Bill at 27.

That would have us using a 1st (Robinson), 2nd (Cook), and a 5th (Hines) at RB within 1 year. 

It would also mean that one of Robinson, Cook, or Harris will be inactive on Game Day. For the entirety of McDermott's tenure, he's only dressed 2 true RB's on Game Day and 1 that is more of a ST'er (Taiwan Jones, Senorise Perry when Taiwan wasn't here, and this year it will be Nyheim Hines).

No way we take a RB at 27 with the holes and positions that need upgrading when we have Cook, Harris, and Hines already on the roster.

• Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m going out on a limb and I say that Bijan Robinson will be a Bill at 27.

because they drafted Cook, gave Nyheim Hines a new contract. and brought in Damien Harris to likely start ?

That limb ?

LOL 😊

31 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If they draft D with the first pick, I am so done with the Bills.....

Again ?

Yep me too then.

but seriously , hope they move and get an extra pick along with a starter at any position. Even TE !

• Dislike 1

If we don’t take an OT or trade back, I believe Sanders is the pick. We cannot go to camp with the MLB options we have. Sanders is a ”sort of” safe pick and with Coach talking about being a more aggressive defense, the thought of some A-gap blitzes with Drew sounds nice. I also know that Coach is drooling over having Hyde, Poyer, and Rapp. Rapp will be an in-the-box guy who they can get very creative with. I do, however, believe that an OT may end up being the pick. 

21 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That would have us using a 1st (Robinson), 2nd (Cook), and a 5th (Hines) at RB within 1 year. 

It would also mean that one of Robinson, Cook, or Harris will be inactive on Game Day. For the entirety of McDermott's tenure, he's only dressed 2 true RB's on Game Day and 1 that is more of a ST'er (Taiwan Jones, Senorise Perry when Taiwan wasn't here, and this year it will be Nyheim Hines).

No way we take a RB at 27 with the holes and positions that need upgrading when we have Cook, Harris, and Hines already on the roster.

in the highly unlikely event Robinson is on the board at 27, we should take him.

he’s probably a top 5-10 player on our board and would immediately be a weapon

I know the RB position is devalued today, but he is an impact player that is not only a top tier runner, but a quality receiver

Robinson, Cook, Harris is quite the backfield

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The same thing was said about Tremaine Edmunds going into the Draft. Even less prognosticators had Edmunds as a MLB than Drew Sanders. He was considered a 3-4 OLB pass rusher type.

That’s fine. But why not go with Campbell is equally athletic 6’5” and currently ready to play that role immediately. Thinking it was a mix on TE as to best position. The two guys we are discussing suggest they have best scenarios as what they are good at. 

1 minute ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

If we don’t take an OT or trade back, I believe Sanders is the pick. We cannot go to camp with the MLB options we have. Sanders is a ”sort of” safe pick and with Coach talking about being a more aggressive defense, the thought of some A-gap blitzes with Drew sounds nice. I also know that Coach is drooling over having Hyde, Poyer, and Rapp. Rapp will be an in-the-box guy who they can get very creative with. I do, however, believe that an OT may end up being the pick. 

I’d rather just play Milano and all 3 safeties as our base formation (unless Bernard or Spector are great in camp)  than take an LB in the 1st.

Other options are signing Zach Cunningham or searching around the league for a LB who is not a scheme fit on their team and trading a late round pick

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Feel free to watch TE early in his career vs Phil Rivers. A home loss to the Chargers where PR just messed with TE’s inability to cover backs and TE’s. I too like Sanders but I think the learning curve in the NFL for starting MLB’s with no experience is rough. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

in the highly unlikely event Robinson is on the board at 27, we should take him.

he’s probably a top 5-10 player on our board and would immediately be a weapon

I know the RB position is devalued today, but he is an impact player that is not only a top tier runner, but a quality receiver

Robinson, Cook, Harris is quite the backfield

We also have Nyheim Hines. And as I said, McDermott doesn't dress 4 RB's on Game Day. Hines will be active for his ST's, in addition to his ability as a runner and pass catcher. Meaning one of Robinson, Cook, or Harris will be inactive.

I just don't see how they'd trade a 5th for Hines and spend a 2nd on Cook within 6 months of each other and then turn around and spend another 1st on another one - after doing all of that AND signing Harris. 

It doesn't make sense to begin with. It makes even less sense when you factor in the holes we have at other positions and the upgrades we need at other positions, with the lack of cap space we have to do those things with FA's. RB is covered. 

If Robinson were on the board, I see it as way more likely we'd trade down to someone who wanted him and pick up more Draft capital than it is we'd draft him. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We also have Nyheim Hines. And as I said, McDermott doesn't dress 4 RB's on Game Day. Hines will be active for his ST's, in addition to his ability as a runner and pass catcher. Meaning one of Robinson, Cook, or Harris will be inactive.

If Robinson were on the board, I see it as way more likely we'd trade down to someone who wanted him and pick up more Draft capital than it is we'd draft him. 

these are good points. I do believe Harris is an underrated quality RB if he can stay on the field.

It would be nice for us to grab more picks, but we’d also regret passing on Robinson’s talent regardless of the roster construction

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

these are good points. I do believe Harris is an underrated quality RB if he can stay on the field.

It would be nice for us to grab more picks, but we’d also regret passing on Robinson’s talent regardless of the roster construction

Roster construction is everything. A team cannot say "you know, we're totally covered here and need help all over the place, but this is an upgrade". That's the definition of a luxury pick. And right now given the state of our roster and our cap, we can't be making CJ Spiller-esque luxury picks.

James Cook, Damien Harris, and Nyheim Hines is a very solid backfield to dress on Sundays. Looking at this roster - QB, RB, CB, and S are the only spots that I think we're in really good shape for this season. If you want to take a flyer on someone at those positions in the later rounds, go nuts. 

But that 1st pick MUST be a WR, LB, TE, OL, or DL. It's not even a question.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/5/2023 at 10:28 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

Inconsistent in reading his keys for misdirection.

Some change-of-direction delay in coverage.

Pursuit leverage and tackle balance need improvement.

Allows runners to slip away from his grasp.

Sounds like we've found Edmunds replacement.

If they go LB in the first it’s gotta be Campbell. You aren’t replacing Tremaine’s athleticism the guy is a freak. You can replace his lack of instincts and aggressiveness with a very instinctive yet still very athletic LB in Campbell. McD said himself he wants to increase the nastiness factor of the D and that starts with the MLB. I don’t see them taking a flyer on a guy who has one start or can’t tackle well. 

If all this talk about Brown has been a smokescreen then they go OT ( I tend to believe Beane likes Brown and has been talking straight with us about him)

With no DT’s under contract past this year I think DT is a very good possibility and then this board will go Chernobyl 

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If they draft D with the first pick, I am so done with the Bills.....

Start packing your  fandom bags. It is very highly likely that is the route they go. LB, DT, and DE can all be argued to be needs for a starter or depth rotation and can also be argued based on projections would all be bpa at our pick or just barely need reaches. 

Add to that a relatively weak wr class and the Bills supposedly sold on our tackles and already have gone the fa route for guards I am betting picking d is likely unless we go te or Bijan Robinson is available at our pick. But if I were a betting man it is 75/25 we pick defense in the first if we even draft in the first and don't trade down.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

If they go LB in the first it’s gotta be Campbell. You aren’t replacing Tremaine’s athleticism the guy is a freak. You can replace his lack of instincts and aggressiveness with a very instinctive yet still very athletic LB in Campbell. McD said himself he wants to increase the nastiness factor of the D and that starts with the MLB. I don’t see them taking a flyer on a guy who has one start or can’t tackle well. 

If all this talk about Brown has been a smokescreen then they go OT ( I tend to believe Beane likes Brown and has been talking straight with us about him)

With no DT’s under contract past this year I think DT is a very good possibility and then this board will go Chernobyl 

Draft night at 27... No Wright, no Addison , JSN or Johnston, no Kincaid or Meyer and no Breese. Bills trade Oliver to hometown Houston for...

nos, 33 / 65 and 188. ( Texans have 2 3rds and 2 6ths).  At 33 the Bills select Calijah Kancey then trade 59 /91/ 206 and next yrs 4th to Carolina for no. 39 and select Jack Campbell.  With no. 65 the Bills Select Steve Avila.

Pick 130  Rashee Rice WR

Pick 137  Zack Kuntz  TE

I forgot I said I was gonna quit doing this....20 more days

On 4/6/2023 at 8:50 AM, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve always considered MLB to be the heart of your defense, somewhat akin to quarterback on offense. So unless the Bills intend to roll with the smattering of guys currently on our thin bench I can definitely see them going MLB in Round One. If not, it’s going to look a whole lot like the years we went with Peterman, whoever, and/or nobody at QB. 

This is just flat out false equivalency.  Based on pay rates and where they're drafted, QBs are much more valued than MLBs.  And, I'm pretty sure you could tell me the top 3 QBs in the NFL off the top of your head, but could not identify the top 3 MLB/ILBs. 

Buffalo's defense was 16th in points and 14th in yards allowed in 2020, but made the AFC Championship.  The following year, they improved dramatically to 1st / 1st, but lost in the Division Round.  This past season, 2nd / 6th, yet blown out in the Division Round.  

It's funny to see the latent anxiety here because there isn't a clear starter at MLB and a 1st round pick makes people feel warm and fuzzy.  Still doesn't mean you use the highest pick this team owns on that position. 

If the Bills could get Drew with their first pick it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all but if he's not there getting Campbell wouldn't hurt my feelings either I think they can get a good WR in the later rounds but MLB is the position they need to fill .

I've heard some folks say they would rather have Beane bring in a veteran LB but that would cost more against the cap i would think unless they wait till after the draft then they may be able to get a player for vet minimum .

But if they get a very good rookie they would have him for 4 to 5 yrs .

44 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Draft night at 27... No Wright, no Addison , JSN or Johnston, no Kincaid or Meyer and no Breese. Bills trade Oliver to hometown Houston for...

nos, 33 / 65 and 188. ( Texans have 2 3rds and 2 6ths).  At 33 the Bills select Calijah Kancey then trade 59 /91/ 206 and next yrs 4th to Carolina for no. 39 and select Jack Campbell.  With no. 65 the Bills Select Steve Avila.

Pick 130  Rashee Rice WR

Pick 137  Zack Kuntz  TE

What happens at #27? Are they trading Oliver and 27? 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

I just don’t see it with JSN…I mean, he is a nice receiver and all…But I don’t see him any better than a Robert Woods…No burst or elite long speed…he is just a great route runner…Unfortunately, that doesn’t equate as first round talent to me…JSN looks like 2nd round talent…pass at 27 imo…

Edited by JaCrispy

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Who's Brown (Sidney Brown?).  

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I just don’t see it with JSN…I mean, he is a nice receiver and all…But I don’t see him any better than a Robert Woods…No burst or elite long speed…he is just a great route runner…Unfortunately, that doesn’t equate as first round talent to me…JSN looks like 2nd round talent…pass at 27 imo…

I think this is an issue with everyone at 27: "he'd be great as a 2nd round pick".  Would be great to have a few picks at the top of the second.  Could get a good G/C (Avila), a LB (Campbell/Sanders) and WR.  

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

His route running is great and as well as his change of direction, YAC ability, hands, ball skills, and ability to find the soft spot in zone coverage. Lots of the best WRs of the past decade (Adams, Hopkins, Kupp, AB, Evans) didn’t have great athleticism either. If he falls down the board it’s gonna because teams want a “true #1 WR” and Njigba only played in the slot at Ohio State. Bills already have their #1 guy so I personally think he would be a home run pick if he somehow made it to 27.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

We also gave Houston a 2024 4th conditional 3rd.

No 27 isn't in the deal.

.Robinson fell in our laps and we sent him to Seattle for 37 and 83 then took Darnell Washington at 37 and Cedric Tillman at 83.

IDK  i'm going crazy ....20 days

Edited by nosejob

20 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I just don't see how they'd trade a 5th for Hines and spend a 2nd on Cook within 6 months of each other and then turn around and spend another 1st on another one - after doing all of that AND signing Harris. 

It doesn't make sense to begin with. It makes even less sense when you factor in the holes we have at other positions and the upgrades we need at other positions, with the lack of cap space we have to do those things with FA's. RB is covered. 

yep :)

13 hours ago, nosejob said:

Pick 130  Rashee Rice WR

Pick 137  Zack Kuntz  TE

You think we can get 33,, 65 and 188 for Ed?

200.gif

On 4/5/2023 at 10:00 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Everyone likes Jack Campbell, and i do too, but hes the safe pick to replace Edmunds but Sanders is dynamic and can not only play off the ball and he can rush the passer and not just a blitzer but actually has pass rush moves. 

he could be our Lawrence Taylor instead of another Edmunds.

And hes got that NASTY, which this team needs more of.

BB, you know I respect you’re opinion, but it’s highly unlikely most teams will use their #1 even at 27th on an off the ball LB.

You know I like MTC on NFLR and those guys are pretty informative.  They are in the season where they do their mock drafts on Fridays.  They referenced the same point that S, RB, and the above position usually you can get a quality one in the 2nd rd.

On the other hand if we don’t get into the Hopkins or OBJ sweepstakes, we probably will grab a WR.  We can always add depth at RT in the 3rd, and I’d love it if we grabbed a stud TE in one of the higher rounds as this is a deep TE class. Beane has tipped his hand if you read between the tea leaves that he wants a better 12 personnel option.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.