NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

If this happened, Beane should be fired before round 2…😉

Sad part is, given his draft history, I could actually see Beane doing something this stupid…

The thing is though Darnell Wright is not that good. The guy is a late second early third rounder but there is this strange love fest with the guy. I just don't see it and I'm guessing it's mostly because people have given up on Spencer Brown, which I think is another mistake. We shall see when they take the field this year...

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

The thing is though Darnell Wright is not that good. The guy is a late second early third rounder but there is this strange love fest with the guy. I just don't see it and I'm guessing it's mostly because people have given up on Spencer Brown, which I think is another mistake. We shall see when they take the field this year...

I would prefer Matthew Bergeron in the second. I think they need a better backup plan for Brown. Maybe he develops as they hope and avoids injury issues. If he doesn't, the entire oline is going to be a mess trying to compensate. If the guard play improves that helps. RT is still a question mark. Doesn't need to be a first round pick, but I would use a day 2 pick to acquire a resource there.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

This is the best part of this time of year.  Johnny Couch educating people about what value prospects are. 

what makes you think Spencer brown IS going to be good?  Please elaborate with something tangible. 

See here’s the thing…. We can’t afford to have him play like he did last season. Going into the year with him and quess as our only RT tackle options is extremely risky.  If he doesn’t improve, our SB chances are likely out the window.  Too big a risk

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is the best part of this time of year.  Johnny Couch educating people about what value prospects are. 

what makes you think Spencer brown IS going to be good?  Please elaborate with something tangible. 

See here’s the thing…. We can’t afford to have him play like he did last season. Going into the year with him and quess as our only RT tackle options is extremely risky.  If he doesn’t improve, our SB chances are likely out the window.  Too big a risk

Exactly. Right now our only tackles on the roster are Dawkins, Brown and Quessenberry. That is awful. Quess should not be more than an OT4 on a roster

Brown was only a late third round pick. If he doesn’t become a starter but can give us a better option at swing tackle, that is still a lot of value out of a third rounder. Get an OT early so we can hopefully have better protection for the most important player on the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well for one thing when he has been in the lineup our run blocking has been substantially better, that's pretty much a fact. As for his pass blocking yeah they were definitely some ugly moments but I want to see how much that back injury had to do with that. If the right prospect falls to compete with him I'm good with it but I'm not going out of my way to draft a right tackle and miss out on better players at other positions. 

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

The vast majority of mock drafts have him going before the Bills first round pick. Is that also because of Bills fans giving up on Brown?

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’m good with the Rousseau pick.  I’m hoping he comes into his own this year .. the floor is decent, but we drafted him for his ceiling.  

The Basham and Bernard picks are types of picks that shake your faith in this Front Office.  

Literally every fan hated the picks at the time … and thus far, have been proven correct.  

Despite what we think, I doubt many of us want to believe we know more about drafting than the people paid to do it for our team.  

Too early to judge Bernard. But it really seems unlikely Basham will live up to his second-round draft status. He'll forever be the guy they took instead of Creed Humphrey, an All-Pro center for our biggest rival who could have played guard for us. And it's not hindsight: as the OP says, pretty much all fans were like "WTF?"

Somebody should run a snap poll when the Bills are on the clock in every round. (I'll be traveling and can't.) Then, in two years, we can compare the TBD's consensus picks with Beane's. I'm not sure the board would do a better job than Beane, but I suspect his picks weren't be vastly better. That says more about the crapshoot nature of the draft than Beane's prowess or our perspicacity. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m beginning to wonder if we are going to trade up for an OT.  

31 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Well for one thing when he has been in the lineup our run blocking has been substantially better, that's pretty much a fact. As for his pass blocking yeah they were definitely some ugly moments but I want to see how much that back injury had to do with that. If the right prospect falls to compete with him I'm good with it but I'm not going out of my way to draft a right tackle and miss out on better players at other positions. 

I couldn’t care less about his run blocking.  You shouldn’t either.  

there were more than “some” ugly moments.  We can see how much his back injury had to do with that and cover our a**** at the same time.  Everyone needs tackles. If he turns out to be good and we draft another good tackle, I’d call that a great problem to have  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I’m beginning to wonder if we are going to trade up for an OT.  

I’m not. 

Sadly 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Whkfc said:

Solomon Wilcots was talking about a trade between the Pat's and Texans for the #2 overall pick. He said it would be Mac Jones going the other way.

Pats want the second pick and someone to take Mac Jones -- entitled schmucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Maybe, if Brown doesn't have back surgery just before training camp, he will play better.

3 minutes ago, mabden said:

Maybe, if Brown doesn't have back surgery just before training camp, he will play better.

Yeah….we’re risking our season (and Allen’s health) on “maybe” this guy who was never good, will now be good.  

that’s literally the only thing-  he was recovering from surgery. He’s never shown to be even below average pass protection.  He’s always been bad.  

Sassy Taylor Swift GIF by One Chicago

RUMOUR! 

Jaxon Smith-Njigba to fall out of the first round!!!!

(Not really.... just I thought I'd finalised my final mock draft, sat here all proud as punch "yea I like it" and then realised I had missed JSN out altogether. D'oh!! Back to the drawing board Gunner.....)

• Haha (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, mabden said:

Yes, but do you want to bet the season on Brown playing well? They need a solid alternative in case Brown doesn't develop as the Bills are hoping. There isn't one currently on the team. It will have to come through the draft. RT is much more likely to sink the team than who is playing MLB.

One of the mock draft predictions has us trading up.

23. Buffalo Bills *TRADE*

Zay Flowers - WR, Boston College

This might be out of character for Bills General Manager Brandon Beane, but Buffalo hasn't drafted as well in recent years and they need to make some moves to take some pressure off of Stefon Diggs. Flowers is a playmaker in every sense and could work the middle of the field while Diggs stays on the outside.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The national media is OBSESSED with putting every RB on the Bills

I hate this report because Breer seems to be one of the most or only media connected to the Bills front office. 😕 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

One of the mock draft predictions has us trading up.

23. Buffalo Bills *TRADE*

Zay Flowers - WR, Boston College

This might be out of character for Bills General Manager Brandon Beane, but Buffalo hasn't drafted as well in recent years and they need to make some moves to take some pressure off of Stefon Diggs. Flowers is a playmaker in every sense and could work the middle of the field while Diggs stays on the outside.

The last part of their comment is clueless.  Diggs should be moved all over the field. He is extremely good inside too. Unfortunately, our offense lack creativity and kept him close to the sideline. 

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I hate this report because Breer seems to be one of the most or only media connected to the Bills front office. 😕 

Hmm really? I don't remember Breer being all that accurate on Bills reports 

4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Breer  does seem plugged in. Gibbs is a really good player, but I just can't believe they would devote a first rounder to rb. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The national media is OBSESSED with putting every RB on the Bills

I would be fine with this pick…I basically don’t care what position as long as it’s a great talent…we need to start stacking talent desperately…

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Breer  does seem plugged in. Gibbs is a really good player, but I just can't believe they would devote a first rounder to rb. 

I still can't see the Bills dressing 4 RBs every week no matter what round we're talking.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I still can't see the Bills dressing 4 RBs every week no matter what round we're talking.

I like the current rb room. I don't think Cook or the recently signed Damien Harris are getting cut. Hines renegotiated. They have been looking at rbs in the draft, so it's possible they bring someone in. I'd be shocked if they spent another day 2 pick, let alone a first at the position. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This means we’re taking a pass rusher

Talking with Pats fan friend of mine this AM.  Funny how that fanbase has same concerns as ours.  He said their nightmare is BB reaching for some D3 DL in the first round

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.