Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

Hey Beane:  Impress me with a blockbuster on the level of Cornelius Bennett.  Don’t let me down.  I’ll give you until next week.  If you really wanna impress me, get er done sooner. Remember, it’s gotta be big.  Call me if you’re open to suggestions and I’ll poll TBD.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The problem with this is it's the same as last season.

Right now, we have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie. So we already have 2 outside WR's and 2 slots. The last thing we need to do is add another slot.

We need another X. We can't have just Diggs, Davis, and a bunch of slots. If either Diggs or Davis gets banged up, as happened with Davis last season, we're putting out a Jake Kumerow level WR.

Idk why nobody has faith in Shakir. I loved what I saw in his limited reps, dude looked like a veteran out there. I think big things are coming,  definitely a breakout year ahead

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Idk why nobody has faith in Shakir. I loved what I saw in his limited reps, dude looked like a veteran out there. I think big things are coming,  definitely a breakout year ahead

Although I agree, I don’t want to have to depend on it. I want him to burst through and force our hand, but it would be nice to have at least one more legit receiver. 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I see the athletic link in the guy’s twitter profile but couldn’t find him on the site and very few followers….but kudos if it’s legit!

Ah I didn’t go that deep.  But his posts looked normal to me and clean and the link went to the athletic.  He seems to just be a local bengals coverage guy, might be why low followers, could also be new.  

Hard to tell sometimes though, so could be a fake account that is being less obvious about being fake too.  

With any unconfirmed news, just take with a grain of salt until we see something more official

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yeah he definitely made some plays and came on strong during that last stretch of games when getting more opportunities. I'm with you in thinking he can make a big impact next season

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, we kept hearing for a while around here was that Vander Esche was so much better than Edmunds.

Vander Esche signed for 2 years, $11M to stay with Dallas as no market at all developed for him. 

Edmunds signed early day 1 for 4 years, $72M.

Seems the NFL GMs value them quite differently than TSW pundits.  

Vander Esch def not better, but he's not $13m per year worse than Tremaine.

Bears way overpaid for what they "hope" Maine turns into.  

Always liked him, just glad Beane didn't overpay for a very good but not great player

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ah I didn’t go that deep.  But his posts looked normal to me and clean and the link went to the athletic.  He seems to just be a local bengals coverage guy, might be why low followers, could also be new.  

Hard to tell sometimes though, so could be a fake account that is being less obvious about being fake too.  

With any unconfirmed news, just take with a grain of salt until we see something more official

Only karma that the poster calling out "fake tweets"/double-check your sources falls for that...

Only kidding Alpha, always appreciate your humor and insights.

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, we kept hearing for a while around here was that Vander Esche was so much better than Edmunds.

Vander Esche signed for 2 years, $11M to stay with Dallas as no market at all developed for him. 

In other news has anyone heard that people thought there were multiple QB's who were better than Josh Allen in that same 2018? :rolleyes:

Vander Esch started getting injured way back in 2019 and hasn't been the same player that he was as a rookie for chrissakes.........it's not a revelation that Edmunds got paid on an entirely different level in 2023.

Now All Pro Roquan Smith went before Tremaine and All Pro's Shaq "Darius" Leonard and Fred Warner went after him in round 2...........all better MLB's than Edmunds.    

Let's not act like the Bills "nailed" the pick.........in hindsight they truly did not.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LVE had an amazing rookie season. Was voted 2nd team All-Pro. 

He was never the same after he had that nerve issue in his neck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BrooklynBills said:

Paul Dehner is the Bengals Athletic reporter. Think this is fake.

Yeah I checked the Twitter profile and seemed relatively legit at first glance.  This was someone putting in a lot of effort to appear legit in terms of what they put out.  

Thanks to the TSW sleuths who looked deeper.  Already deleted the thread with it too.  

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Only karma that the poster calling out "fake tweets"/double-check your sources falls for that...

Only kidding Alpha, always appreciate your humor and insights.

Hahaha that’s fair, although I did check his Twitter before I posted.  The ones I was calling out were the ones people posted that were not even pretending to be an insider and tweeting clear gibberish.

But thanks to all the TSW peeps who dove deeper into it.  Deleted the thread too :) 

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He has worse stats than Basham and Epinesa and he was arrested before the Championship game for Domestic Violence. Seems like a ton of money to pay someone w/limited production and off field issues.

They've gotta replace Frank Clark and he's got that 49er smell to him. Personally I don't see what they see in him but all better for us.

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He has worse stats than Basham and Epinesa and he was arrested before the Championship game for Domestic Violence. Seems like a ton of money to pay someone w/limited production and off field issues.

So this was pretty much inevitable for the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Welcome to the new NFL where 10 million dollars year is borderline starter money.   Puts him at around 26th highest paid edge rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The arrest is a plus for the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Predator > Howdy Doody.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.