Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

Saw something pertaining to a dome on the news this week. Minneapolis was expecting a record snowfall of 25 inches. The previous record was 17 inches. That's the one that deflated the dome. How much($)  and thick would a dome be to survive a 77 inch snowfall ?

This isn't an issue anymore. Stadium roofs are no longer inflatable. That was part of the reason the MetroDome roof collapsed. The roof of the Carrier Dome was replaced in 2020 with a fixed steel roof. I read that snow removal isn't even necessary anymore. It was with the old inflatable dome.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kiva said:

After losing a home game and the Bengals playoff game. It’s apparent. Spend the necessary money or none at all. Fire the decision makers and start over if they are too stubborn to change. 

I have wanted a dome all along. It’s just literally not happening. So, that’s just sort of it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kiva said:

After losing a home game and the Bengals playoff game. It’s apparent. Spend the necessary money or none at all. Fire the decision makers and start over if they are too stubborn to change. 

You should offer to donate the money for the dome then as  NY state isn’t forking over any additional funding. Just need a billion dollars or so.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Kiva said:

You realize the Bengals play outside too? Dome has absolutely nothing to do with why the Bills lost. And the game that got moved, a dome doesn't change that decision either. That game was unplayable dome or no dome. Give it up already 

• Agree 4

12 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

While it looks nice, I not blown away by it. It's basically an updated version of the stadium they already have. It doesn't necessarily need to be a dome but more state of the art.  

This is where i’m at. Seems underwhelming for $1.4 billion or whatever the cost is at right now.

The Vikings got that taj mahal of a stadium for about the same price, albeit 5 or so years ago.

Axthally, the more I look at it the more I really dislike it. No real discernible features. Looks like a soccer stadium mixed with MetLife. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Wacka said:

Saw something pertaining to a dome on the news this week. Minneapolis was expecting a record snowfall of 25 inches. The previous record was 17 inches. That's the one that deflated the dome. How much($)  and thick would a dome be to survive a 77 inch snowfall ?

The Vikings new stadium addressed this and it is beautiful. I wish we just copy/pasted their stadium.

sdut-this-handout-released-by-the-mi-201

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

While it looks nice, I not blown away by it. It's basically an updated version of the stadium they already have. It doesn't necessarily need to be a dome but more state of the art.  

It’s basically an updated version of what we have now?

Besides there being a football field and seats, what else is similar?

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

It’s basically an updated version of what we have now?

Besides there being a football field and seats, what else is similar?

It looks different and has a lot of stuff the old stadium didn't have but it's still nothing special, especially when you compare to all the new stadiums that have been built in the last few years. That's all I'm saying. 

I looks like something they would have built in the era when they built stadiums like the Browns or the Steelers. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I still can’t believe we’re building a new stadium and it won’t have a roof. It makes absolutely no sense.

I’ll repeat it every game I go to also. Just stupid.

decades of studies about potential new stadiums & in the end we spent billions on a smaller stadium next to the old one. How can we not be excited about that?

You say roof, can point to other stadiums that have it, they'll tell you why YOU can't have it & of course everyone in Buffalo should just be happy about it, as its better than nothing. Yes the mindset of mediocrity!

The exterior looks better than i envisioned but the interior looks ghastly to me. Almost like a sardine tin that someone tore the roof off of.

But I suppose I shouldn't care too much. With the increased ticket prices i likely wont be able to afford to take my family to the games anyways

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Kiva said:

As long as it’s inside. A Dome is ALL that matters.  These rendering are not impressive at all. It’s almost like they don’t want to spend the money necessary. City of Buffalo? Pegula? 

Domes not coming, never was coming. Pegulas aren't kicking in an additional $600M+ to build. Makes ZERO economic sense. A Dome in Buffalo would be used 8/9 times! There's no large conventions in Buffalo. Buffalo has fewer hotels than Toledo Ohio. The city is broke. Pegula could easily move the team to Austin, San Diego, Toronto, etc. etc. And he wouldn't have to spend a dime! The ONLY way the Bills stay is playing outside. Must be nice to live in la la land, and just hold your breath and whine for a dome like a child who wants a toy he can't buy. It has to make some economic sense. Were lucky to still have a team.... Grow up.         

Just now, RG Murdock said:

Domes not coming, never was coming. Pegulas aren't kicking in an additional $600M+ to build. Makes ZERO economic sense. A Dome in Buffalo would be used 8/9 times! There's no large conventions in Buffalo. Buffalo has fewer hotels than Toledo Ohio. The city is broke. Pegula could easily move the team to Austin, San Diego, Toronto, etc. etc. And he wouldn't have to spend a dime! The ONLY way the Bills stay is playing outside. Must be nice to live in la la land, and just hold your breath and whine for a dome like a child who wants a toy he can't buy. It has to make some economic sense. Were lucky to still have a team.... Grow up.         

You’re right. Small market team in a broke city. Why can’t people of Buffalo have nice things? Instead of settling ,  just move them to a better location. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kiva said:

You’re right. Small market team in a broke city. Why can’t people of Buffalo have nice things? Instead of settling ,  just move them to a better location. 

Well maybe you could chip in?  I have has season tickets for decades, I attend the games no matter the weather, and have tons of great memories, that I hope continue. I walk the walk... With your cavalier response, I doubt you have ever attended a game.    

16 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

I'm fine with no dome but it still should be more state of the art. Instead what we got screams small market. I guess all that matters is that they are staying in Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It looks different and has a lot of stuff the old stadium didn't have but it's still nothing special, especially when you compare to all the new stadiums that have been built in the last few years. That's all I'm saying. 

I looks like something they would have built in the era when they built stadiums like the Browns or the Steelers. 

It looks pretty good to me.

It's pretty much a copy of the Tottenham Stadium with Bills logos slapped on it. There is nothing horribly wrong with that, as the original one seems to be known for its great sightlines and amazing gameday atmosphere, which is pretty much what most Bills fans wanted.

It just looks very vanilla and underwhelming from a design perspective, and it is somewhat disappointing they can only get something so uninspiring and unoriginal for that kind of money.

They better engineer state-of-the-art vomitoriums in that thing.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

Or the billionaire owner could contribute a bit more.

I don’t like Kroenke all that much but I give him credit for writing a $5B check for his stadium.

Edit: Robert Kraft too

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

with the news about Bills fans having the highest average BAC in the league this past season… absolutely.

With PSLs coming and hopefully the end of the private lots that will help with that. 

I still don't understand why so many are happy with something so uninspiring? 

16 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Agree.  Im not that impressed.  I look at it and just think... why not just keep the current stadium?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

With PSLs coming and hopefully the end of the private lots that will help with that. 

I still don't understand why so many are happy with something so uninspiring? 

because the Bills are staying in Buffalo mostly!

It’s a football stadium, not an epic undertaking to be a Wonder of the Modern World.

From the one sideline rendering, it looks like there is a very gentle slope of the seats in the sideline lower level, and appears that the first row is further away from the field than at RWS. 

So much for stacked seating and being right on top of the field…hopefully it is not 100% accurate.  

3 hours ago, Kiva said:

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

10/10 on the clown meter! We have a new champion!

16 hours ago, McDeerInTheHeadlights said:

How can that thing be so expensive?

Wind confusion.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Agree.  Im not that impressed.  I look at it and just think... why not just keep the current stadium?  

It's going to collapse in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wind confusion.

It's going to collapse in a few years.

It's going to be a pile of rocks like the original one. 

Still for what they spent on it, it should be a lot more impressive. It's very generic but I guess that's to be expected when all fans want is the Bills to stay. 

20 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

probably because it’s a multi-generational mistake that will cost billions.

So any small chance of avoiding it, through awareness and public outcry of how our money is used, is worth a shot 

It's baffling and frustrating that people still don't realize this. Honestly disappointing to see so much animosity against a domed stadium on here.

At some point in time, very likely multiple times, this will screw us badly. Football purists will continue to say "That's fine, football is meant to be played outdoors!" Meanwhile teams with great weather and indoor playing conditions will continue to put up record breaking offensive numbers.

Deeply, deeply disappointed in ownership here. There is no reason not to have a dome, other than the financial side of it, which is generally inconsequential to Pegula and his investment would only be more readily recouped if he went through with that.

Oh well. There are no good billionaires.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.