Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

14 minutes ago, teef said:

just because the esthetic isn't what some wanted, there's immediate crying.  

If others are “whiny men” for not liking what nearly $1B of taxpayer money is getting us, what does it make you for crying about others crying? A super whiny man!?

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

What does this overhang accomplish, If anything. A safety hazard in the winter from above IMO.

It’ll be angles so that the snow ice and rain runs backwards I’d imagine. But you’re pretty much right. Doesn’t cover fans from most of those elements. It will help in the fight against the wind I’d imagine. Whoopty doo 

Just now, Figster said:

They go by what they are shown so far.

sure.  which are renderings, which are limited.  we have people immediately assuming what's there and what's not.  fine, but to be angry about something you aren't even sure is included at this point?  we have another poster already upset about money not being properly used!   it's far to early to have meltdowns over something we're not even sure about yet.

also, let's face it...not everyone is going to be satisfied, yet i can almost guarantee what posters are going to be the loudest about it.

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If others are “whiny men” for not liking what nearly $1B of taxpayer money is getting us, what does it make you for crying about others crying? A super whiny man!?

einstein, you're already questioning what the money is being used for without having a clue as to what's going into it.    you don't even know what to like vs not like yes, so yes...you're being incredibly whiney.  

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

No. It just sucks. They are going to spend 1.4B of the taxpayers money on a new stadium that didn’t really address any issues of the old stadium besides concourse width, bathrooms, and vending areas. Not sure how anyone would be ok with that. 

how do you know what exactly has been address and not addressed yet?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’ll be angles so that the snow ice and rain runs backwards I’d imagine. But you’re pretty much right. Doesn’t cover fans from most of those elements. It will help in the fight against the wind I’d imagine. Whoopty doo 

Even from a wind perspective the roof design and overhang appears like it may direct wind into the stadium IMO. They do have the roof/overhang angled. Angled from the opening sloping downward away from it. Angled again from the perimeter of the stadium inward. Draining water where and how. High wind can pick up sheets of ice. 

Is this partial over hang even worth the trouble and cost? 

Edited by Figster

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The same things that go into every stadium, you mean? We just saw Minnesota build the taj mahal with the same budget a few years ago.

every stadium is different, and if you don't think the last few year have changed the cost of construction, you're completely out of touch.  so...it the money being spent you're worried about?  you're complaining on what's being spent and how we're not getting our moneys worth even though you're not sure what's being included?  

so you think because minnesota did it one way a few years ago, it's still apples to apples now.  you're just complaining at this point.  same people, same whiney nonsense.  

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Even from a wind perspective the roof design and overhang appears like it may direct wind into the stadium IMO. They do have the roof/overhang angled. Angled from the opening sloping downward away from it. Angled again from the perimeter of the stadium inward. Draining water where and how. High wind can pick up sheets of ice. 

Questions I'm sure none of the architects have even considered yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Figster said:

and you’re discerning all this from a couple of wide angle pictures. 

this is getting a little ridiculous. These firms build billion dollar venues for a living. They know how to account for weather and drainage issues.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

and I get that, but generally speaking why not add more unique seating that starts going over the seats below with money that would have been spent on the useless over hang.

Good point on the preliminary sketches... 

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

and you’re discerning all this from a couple of wide angle pictures. 

this is getting a little ridiculous. These firms build billion dollar venues for a living. They know how to account for weather and drainage issues.

Do they though?!?!?

I have a lot of experience looking at this stuff on the internet , so....

1 minute ago, Figster said:

and I get that, but generally speaking why not add more unique seating that starts going over the seats below with money that would have been spent on the useless over hang. 

You want to use human bodies as an overhang?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, teef said:

einstein, you're already questioning what the money is being used for without having a clue as to what's going into it.   

We can see, via the renderings:

- The non-shielded concourses

- The ugly bed pan design

- The small scoreboards

- No dome

- The blocky and jagged seating sections

We have been told (or intimated) by the Bills:

- Less than half of the non-VIP seating will have covering

- Only the VIP areas will have radiant heating

The only things we DON'T know are the actual sizes of the concourses, the width of the seats, and what food options there will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Do they though?!?!?

I have a lot of experience looking at this stuff on the internet , so....

You want to use human bodies as an overhang?

Design the top of the stadium like a ball thats cut off 3/4 of the way up. Upper tiers on platforms with a birds eye view. You get more seating and block the wind.

Edited by Figster

23 minutes ago, teef said:

sure.  which are renderings, which are limited.  we have people immediately assuming what's there and what's not.  fine, but to be angry about something you aren't even sure is included at this point?  we have another poster already upset about money not being properly used!   it's far to early to have meltdowns over something we're not even sure about yet.

also, let's face it...not everyone is going to be satisfied, yet i can almost guarantee what posters are going to be the loudest about it.

einstein, you're already questioning what the money is being used for without having a clue as to what's going into it.    you don't even know what to like vs not like yes, so yes...you're being incredibly whiney.  

how do you know what exactly has been address and not addressed yet?

Well, I sure know it’s not a dome. I sore know it’s not downtown where it could actually do some good for the area. I sure know that the awnings on the roof aren’t covering the majority of fans from cold and the elements. I sure know that based on the images that I’m sore the architects submitted that the overhangs on the middle sections appear to be club and vip sections just like in the current stadium now where’s ticket prices are already 2500+. Add in that ticket prices will likely double and then add in the PSL fees and you are paying a whole lot for tickets. For the regular Shlubs that don’t manage to get club seats under heat and under cover, they will be paying over twice as much for tickets every game to be in the same crumby weather conditions as they’ve been in for years. And that may be fine for the drunk 20 something crowd but I’m not interested in jumping through flaming tables and freezing my butt off all game. 

You’re complaining that we’re all a bunch of whiney babies because we aren’t happy. I say anyone that is happy with the crap they are showing us is too accepting. It’s like the girl that stays with her boyfriend because he keeps telling her that he lives her but then beats the crap out of her every few weeks. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Figster said:

Design the top of the stadium like a bowl thats cut off 3/4 of the way up. Upper tiers on platforms with a birds eye view. You get more seating and block the wind.

more seating is exactly what they do not want in order to command more $ per seat. Hence the reduced capacity from Highmark. Tennessee and Washington are planning the same thing.

edit: https://www.fieldofschemes.com/2022/11/23/19390/heres-why-nfl-teams-want-smaller-stadiums-and-its-not-about-saving-fans-from-nosebleeds/

Edited by JoPoy88

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Design the top of the stadium like a bowl thats cut off 3/4 of the way up. Upper tiers on platforms with a birds eye view. You get more seating and block the wind.

You should do this for a living 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m pretty sure you can get in trouble for that. 

It'd be super unique though

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Being in the business world as long as I have, I can say unequivocally that you would be SHOCKED at the glaring issues that don't get considered until very late in a project, or NOT AT ALL.

A few examples:

1) When they designed the kingdome, they didn't take into consideration Seattle's near-constant rainfall. After a decade, the roof became so waterlogged that it began to disintegrate.

2) The teflon roof on the Metrodome that when the sun was shining and the lights were on inside, would create a eye-blinding glare at times. Oh and it couldn't withstand Minnesota snow.

3) The roof on Olympic stadium that ripped every time (seemingly) they opened it.

4) The Cowboys stadium that has punts hitting the scoreboard ever year.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

You should do this for a living 

It'd be super unique though

I'm a retired survey/engineer that worked Nuclear construction so its enjoyable to look at a big project like this for the team I love.

Fans need to be happy with what they will be paying for in my humble opinion.

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We can see, via the renderings:

- The non-shielded concourses

- The ugly bed pan design

- The small scoreboards

- No dome

- The blocky and jagged seating sections

We have been told (or intimated) by the Bills:

- Less than half of the non-VIP seating will have covering

- Only the VIP areas will have radiant heating

The only things we DON'T know are the actual sizes of the concourses, the width of the seats, and what food options there will be. 

we know no dome.  people have to just get over it.  

you don't know the exact size of the scoreboard.  you don't like the design, and that's personal which is fine.  you don't know the exact layout of seating sections, you don't know exactly how the concourse look.  all of this and you're complaining how much it costs.  with no idea of what's going in, cost of materials, cost of labor, etc, and you're complaining about the cost.

all of this teeth gnashing over a rendering.  i build a building for my office a few years ago.  obviously a small project, but the renderings i started with differed quite a bit on the final product.  the generic look of the building was the same, but that was about it.  on top of that, if i tried to build the same structure this year vs the end of 2019 when it was completed, i'd be paying 50-70% more.  it's just how life is right now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.