Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

They are getting a masterpiece for not much more. I know very little about it as well honestly. But I’ve seen the renderings and they seem significantly better that what we’re getting. 

Wow, I hadn't looked until now. Putting these Bills renderings next to any of the other recent stadium renderings is rather pitiful. 

That being said, I do think the understated(?) Bills design fits the region. I don't have strong feelings about it (except I can't unsee the toilet seat). Going into this, perhaps going into anything related to New York State, the expectations should be modest. 

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

And fyi, your view in this whole thing is exactly what’s wrong with this whole project and society today. Accepting anything that’s not best for everyone involved. Like I’ve said already in this thread, you act like the girl that keeps going back to her boyfriend that keeps beating her but tells her he’s sorry and sends her flowers after every beating. Apparently it’s just ok with you that we have a team and don’t care about anything else. 

personally I think this whole thing screams mediocrity on every level. Just like our owner, just like our HC, just like our GM. Basically the entire organization is just ok with being in the game and have no desire to win it on any level. Similar to the mind set of most Buffalonians. 

I’d also like to point out that people here that don’t go to games on a regular basis, or don’t live in the area, shouldn’t even be involved in the argument. 

If you are that’s fine, if you are not, you should have zero opinion on any of it. You don’t utilize what we’re going to be getting on Sunday’s, and your taxes aren’t paying for it either. 

Amazing take considering you're avatar    

People seem quick to compare the new stadium to Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and Dallas but you have to remember other recent stadiums like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Meadowlands, New England and Cincinnati. All of those on the latter list are rather simple outdoor venues. The Bills never said they were trying to outpace all the other franchises. This seems to me like a happy medium between the showpiece stadiums we all know, and the more pedestrian, yet modern, stadiums that I listed above. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People seem quick to compare the new stadium to Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and Dallas but you have to remember other recent stadiums like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Meadowlands, New England and Cincinnati. All of those on the latter list are rather simple outdoor venues. The Bills never said they were trying to outpace all the other franchises. This seems to me like a happy medium between the showpiece stadiums we all know, and the more pedestrian, yet modern, stadiums that I listed above. 

Good points but a Vikings Stadium would have been nice

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Wow, I hadn't looked until now. Putting these Bills renderings next to any of the other recent stadium renderings is rather pitiful. 

That being said, I do think the understated(?) Bills design fits the region. I don't have strong feelings about it (except I can't unsee the toilet seat). Going into this, perhaps going into anything related to New York State, the expectations should be modest. 

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve said it before, not sure in this thread or not. I’m sure I’ll be pleased when the stadium is built. The Ralph was a dump. Why people wanted to hang onto such a dump in open air for so long is beyond me. I’ll likely be amazed at how nice the new stadium will be compared to our 50+ year old dump. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have bucked up for more, better. 

will I be extremely upset about paying more than double my current ticket prices to continue to stand out in the cold rainy/snowy conditions for 4+ games a year? You betcha. If I can manage to afford the ridiculous PSLs and 150% ticket increases and still be able to be covered and heated while enjoying the game, I’ll be much happier. But based off these renderings I have serious doubts the general seating crowd will experience any of that. The covered and heated seats will like start around $3,000+ PSLs and another $4,000+ per seat. Those prices will likely price me out of the stadium. I can’t justify spending $8k a year in tickets when I would much rather go on 2+ Caribbean  vacations a year for that type of money. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That's the problem a lot of us have.

We don't want to have a $1.4B stadium that is comparable to old stadiums like Pitt, Cleveland, NYJ, etc.

I don't see any happy medium here. It's an old-school outdoor stadium with a shiny exterior that has an entrance that looks like a Macy's.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes. At least Tottenham.

This is where I’m at. Could have had that and we opted for something less 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Good points but a Vikings Stadium would have been nice

Or this 

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

lol, if that is truly the spirit of that message...  you have issues.

Are you assuming I’m sane?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

This is where I’m at. Could have had that and we opted for something less 

Don't be so quick to jump on that bandwagon. Tottenham opened an entire year late. They had a fire alarm problem that caused the Tottenham Hotspurs to remain at across-town Wembley Stadium for an entire season longer than they had planned! In a word.....YIKES! 

27 minutes ago, mrags said:

And fyi, your view in this whole thing is exactly what’s wrong with this whole project and society today. Accepting anything that’s not best for everyone involved. Like I’ve said already in this thread, you act like the girl that keeps going back to her boyfriend that keeps beating her but tells her he’s sorry and sends her flowers after every beating. Apparently it’s just ok with you that we have a team and don’t care about anything else. 

personally I think this whole thing screams mediocrity on every level. Just like our owner, just like our HC, just like our GM. Basically the entire organization is just ok with being in the game and have no desire to win it on any level. Similar to the mind set of most Buffalonians. 

Exactly but not all Buffalonians there is some of us that stayed in Buffalo trying to change the mindset of take anything we can get while the rest of America is getting nice projects without corners being cut or doing a project just because we have to but not really putting any effort or thought into the new Bills stadium project just whatever at least we have the Buffalo Bills. Too much of that mindset still exists in Buffalo unfortunately. This new Buffalo Bills Stadium is the Bass Pro of Orchard Park a bad project from the start instead of taking the opportunity sure there will be some pain negotiating with downtown land owners but doing the football stadium project right instead of the same cheapest easiest, fastest way possible.

Getting the federal government dollars to fix the outdated infrastructure in downtown Buffalo so our future generations have progress instead of more of the same nonsense Buffalo suburban sprawl with old infrastructure not ever getting address. Then when we do the same old Buffalo business and political leaders nonsense and get the same results people will complain but then it’s too late for another 50 years in a never ending cycle just going around in circles. It isn’t too late until construction work starts. The Buffalo Bills organization is doing a disservice to the Buffalo community not listening to the community just rushing this big money project through because the Buffalo Bills say so is ridiculous. Trust the Buffalo Bills, business and politicians we can’t do Buffalo and we can’t do Niagara Falls we can only do Orchard Park? But the rest of the country can do downtown but not Buffalo? Buffalo should be following Minneapolis St Paul and Indianapolis not this nonsense. Syracuse can build a dome three hours away but Buffalo can’t afford it as the second largest city in New York State is embarrassing in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Don't be so quick to jump on that bandwagon. Tottenham opened an entire year late. They had a fire alarm problem that caused the Tottenham Hotspurs to remain at across-town Wembley Stadium for an entire season longer than they had planned! In a word.....YIKES! 

Well, you’d think they would have learned from the first time before holding ours. 

my biggest issue with the design of the stadium is the coverage of the seating. Tottenheim appears to cover almost every single fan. Ours doesn’t look like it even covers the entire 500 levels. It’s concerning. It was a way to get the coverage of the fans like a dome without the cost of a dome. It could have been done which is apparent by looking at Tottenheim, but they opted to not do it. 

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And Tottenham was only $1B.

Someone going to tell me the cost to build that stadium has risen more than 40% in 3 years?

I’d say it probably has honestly. Because this economy is terrible. I’d also point out that the costs of doing business in NYS is more than anywhere else. But still, it could have been had for similar to what we are expected to pay. 

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And Tottenham was only $1B.

Someone going to tell me the cost to build that stadium has risen more than 40% in 3 years?

not sure if the was $1B pound sterling on  1B$$$$. Back then, the pound sterling was prolly at least $1.5=£1.00.

edit

( it was pound sterling, but only $1.30=£1.00..so almost exact same as this cost, post covid..so Bills stadium actually quite a bit less to build)

And yes, even if in dollars construction prices have gone through the roof. I  Cant imagine NYS is more restrictive and expensive to build  than London UK, but it certainly would not be any less. 

Edited by plenzmd1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’d say it probably has honestly. Because this economy is terrible. I’d also point out that the costs of doing business in NYS is more than anywhere else. But still, it could have been had for similar to what we are expected to pay. 

Inflation has risen about 20%. Throw in another 20% for NYS and you have $1.4B ... our budget.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, you’d think they would have learned from the first time before holding ours. 

my biggest issue with the design of the stadium is the coverage of the seating. Tottenheim appears to cover almost every single fan. Ours doesn’t look like it even covers the entire 500 levels. It’s concerning. It was a way to get the coverage of the fans like a dome without the cost of a dome. It could have been done which is apparent by looking at Tottenheim, but they opted to not do it. 

No argument from me there. In general, European (especially in England) soccer stadiums ALWAYS cover ALL of the seats. I'm not sure if they ever considered that as a goal in Orchard Park.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Exactly but not all Buffalonians there is some of us that stayed in Buffalo trying to change the mindset of take anything we can get while the rest of America is getting nice projects without corners being cut or doing a project just because we have to but not really putting any effort or thought into the new Bills stadium project just whatever at least we have the Buffalo Bills. Too much of that mindset still exists in Buffalo unfortunately. This new Buffalo Bills Stadium is the Bass Pro of Orchard Park a bad project from the start instead of taking the opportunity sure there will be some pain negotiating with downtown land owners but doing the football stadium project right instead of the same cheapest easiest, fastest way possible.

Getting the federal government dollars to fix the outdated infrastructure in downtown Buffalo so our future generations have progress instead of more of the same nonsense Buffalo suburban sprawl with old infrastructure not ever getting address. Then when we do the same old Buffalo business and political leaders nonsense and get the same results people will complain but then it’s too late for another 50 years in a never ending cycle just going around in circles. It isn’t too late until construction work starts. The Buffalo Bills organization is doing a disservice to the Buffalo community not listening to the community just rushing this big money project through because the Buffalo Bills say so is ridiculous. Trust the Buffalo Bills, business and politicians we can’t do Buffalo and we can’t do Niagara Falls we can only do Orchard Park? But the rest of the country can do downtown but not Buffalo? Buffalo should be following Minneapolis St Paul and Indianapolis not this nonsense. Syracuse can build a dome three hours away but Buffalo can afford it as the second largest city in New York State is embarrassing in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Buffalo loser mindset. I never should have moved back. Now I work for this terrible state and have no choice but to stay another 12-13 years until I can retire and GTFO

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No argument from me there. In general, European (especially in England) soccer stadiums ALWAYS cover ALL of the seats. I'm not sure if they ever considered that as a goal in Orchard Park.

Loser buffalo mindset. Many wanted a dome. They claimed it wasn’t cost effective. Covering all the seats would have been a great option. You can clearly see they never even thought of it 

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d also like to point out that people here that don’t go to games on a regular basis, or don’t live in the area, shouldn’t even be involved in the argument. 

If you are that’s fine, if you are not, you should have zero opinion on any of it. You don’t utilize what we’re going to be getting on Sunday’s, and your taxes aren’t paying for it either. 

lol!  are you ***** kidding me with the girlfriend analogy?  you're not even clever enough to realize that you're the girlfriend.  the bills apparently wronged you by not putting a dome on the stadium, you're upset, but you're going to keep going back.  you're not done with this team.  you'll spend your money year like every other year before, but you'll B word about it on a message board the same way girls get together and B word about their significant others.  make sense?  see how i can play that stupid ***** game too?

and who the ***** are you to tell anyone who or who shouldn't have an opinion on it.  it anyone goes to the stadium they can have an opinion on it.  i live in this state, will pay taxes for it, and will give an opinion.  is that too much for you?

you know what the issue here is?  you're getting old.  the world is changing around you and it's hard to cope.  you're right and everyone else is wrong.  you knew going into this that the plans weren't going to please everyone.  guess what?  the bills don't care about you as a consumer?  you're aging out and they know it.  they're appealing to the crowd that will be buying tickets over the next 30 years.  that not the wrong thing to do, but just face you're not the number one consumer anymore.  if you want to make a real difference, voice you're opinion to the bills and stop spending money on the team.  if you don't do that, you're just a guy complaining on a message board.

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Buffalo loser mindset. I never should have moved back. Now I work for this terrible state and have no choice but to stay another 12-13 years until I can retire and GTFO

Loser buffalo mindset. Many wanted a dome. They claimed it wasn’t cost effective. Covering all the seats would have been a great option. You can clearly see they never even thought of it 

dude, now you just look like a B word.

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes. At least Tottenham.

i had to look it up.  doesn't have a dome and build in 2019?  what specifics are different?

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That's the problem a lot of us have.

We don't want to have a $1.4B stadium that is comparable to old stadiums like Pitt, Cleveland, NYJ, etc.

I don't see any happy medium here. It's an old-school outdoor stadium with a shiny exterior that has an entrance that looks like a Macy's.

i guess why do you assume it would be old like pit and cleveland?  all i'm seeing  here is people don't like the look or no dome.  

6 minutes ago, teef said:

i had to look it up.  doesn't have a dome and build in 2019?  what specifics are different?

The items that are different and make a huge difference.

1) The Tottenham roof is the perfect mix of open air stadium and dome. The field is still open to the elements, but every seat is covered by the canopy.

2) The seats are not blocky and jagged. They are shapely with perfectly stacked sections.

3) The design and amount of glass is beautiful. This is is in the eye of the beholder obviously.

There is a reason why Tottenham is an award winning stadium.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, teef said:

lol!  are you ***** kidding me with the girlfriend analogy?  you're not even clever enough to realize that you're the girlfriend.  the bills apparently wronged you by not putting a dome on the stadium, you're upset, but you're going to keep going back.  you're not done with this team.  you'll spend your money year like every other year before, but you'll B word about it on a message board the same way girls get together and B word about their significant others.  make sense?  see how i can play that stupid ***** game too?

and who the ***** are you to tell anyone who or who shouldn't have an opinion on it.  it anyone goes to the stadium they can have an opinion on it.  i live in this state, will pay taxes for it, and will give an opinion.  is that too much for you?

you know what the issue here is?  you're getting old.  the world is changing around you and it's hard to cope.  you're right and everyone else is wrong.  you knew going into this that the plans weren't going to please everyone.  guess what?  the bills don't care about you as a consumer?  you're aging out and they know it.  they're appealing to the crowd that will be buying tickets over the next 30 years.  that not the wrong thing to do, but just face you're not the number one consumer anymore.  if you want to make a real difference, voice you're opinion to the bills and stop spending money on the team.  if you don't do that, you're just a guy complaining on a message board.

dude, now you just look like a B word.

Lol. Youre comical dude. Don’t go to more than a game or 2 a year and you think you have an opinion on it. More than someone that’s had season tix for almost 20 years. Tell me what experience you have in the stadium that should be forwarded to Terry when I talk to him? That the 2 games a year that you go to in September the weather is just fine and the need for covered seats isn’t needed at all? 

love you out of towners that come into town 3 times a year and talk about what the Buffalo Bills should represent and how awesome an atmosphere it is here. Personally I’m embarrassed by stupid fat people jumping through tables, doing butt chugs in the parking lots, and covering themselves in ketchup and mustard. It makes the entire region look like a bunch of idiots and it’s exactly what the NFL, the Bills org, and the city wants to get away from. Which is why they aren’t giving us anything very nice, it’s also why they are raising ticket prices so much that all the 20 year olds spending their McDonald’s paychecks going to games won’t be able to afford it anymore. 

tell me, are you that bothered by the fact that you really have no identifiable opinion of the stadium if you don’t live in the area or go to games on a regular basis? Who’s the whiney B on a message board now? 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Lol. Youre comical dude. Don’t go to more than a game or 2 a year and you think you have an opinion on it. More than someone that’s had season tix for almost 20 years. Tell me what experience you have in the stadium that should be forwarded to Terry when I talk to him? That the 2 games a year that you go to in September the weather is just fine and the need for covered seats isn’t needed at all? 

love you out of towners that come into town 3 times a year and talk about what the Buffalo Bills should represent and how awesome an atmosphere it is here. Personally I’m embarrassed by stupid fat people jumping through tables, doing butt chugs in the parking lots, and covering themselves in ketchup and mustard. It makes the entire region look like a bunch of idiots and it’s exactly what the NFL, the Bills org, and the city wants to get away from. Which is why they aren’t giving us anything very nice, it’s also why they are raising ticket prices so much that all the 20 year olds spending their McDonald’s paychecks going to games won’t be able to afford it anymore. 

tell me, are you that bothered by the fact that you really have no identifiable opinion of the stadium if you don’t live in the area or go to games on a regular basis? Who’s the whiney B on a message board now? 

oh, i have an opinion whether you're too sensitive to hear it.  you're realizing your opinion just isn't that important, and it's scaring you.  if i spend a dime at all at the stadium or any tax revenue, i'm going to have an opinion.  i go to a few game a year and live in rochester.  this isn't enough for you?  listen.  you don't like how the new stadium fits your needs.  it's now an uncomfortable place to see games, you're getting older and don't want to do it.  i can understand, but these angry buffalo tirades are a joke.  buffalonians or western new yorker don't have a problem.  you do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

oh, i have an opinion whether you're too sensitive to hear it.  you're realizing your opinion just isn't that important, and it's scaring you.  if i spend a dime at all at the stadium or any tax revenue, i'm going to have an opinion.  i go to a few game a year and live in rochester.  this isn't enough for you?  listen.  you don't like how the new stadium fits your needs.  it's now an uncomfortable place to see games, you're getting older and don't want to do it.  i can understand, but these angry buffalo tirades are a joke.  buffalonians or western new yorker don't have a problem.  you do.

Yeah. Pretty sure I’m not scared about believing my opinion or not. Or for that matter the bills or Nys believing in my opinion. I’m already aware they will do whatever they want anyway. I’m just not a fan of Blindly accepting getting bent over and told what is supposed to be good like you are apparently. 

last I checked, message boards are generally here for people to discuss things. And you haven’t proven to discuss anything other that telling the people that came here to discuss how unimpressed we are, that we’re babies. Because you have no more information than we do. And you are the one here that seems to think that despite the Bills org coming out with renderings that they say what the stadium will look like, they will provide something different. 

Grats, your Rochester taxes are helping pay for the stadium in my city while only utilizing it a few times a year. And thinking you’r opinion is any more important than anyone else’s, all while accepting the useless stadium that you as a tax payer is paying for, but had no say in any of it. Just like anyone else on this message board. Except you think your opinion of the people that don’t like it should matter. 

9 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Can anyone define exactly what would have made "everyone" happy???

I understand it’s not happening but a retractable dome prolly would have. Covering all the stands like tottenheim a close second 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Pretty sure I’m not scared about believing my opinion or not. Or for that matter the bills or Nys believing in my opinion. I’m already aware they will do whatever they want anyway. I’m just not a fan of Blindly accepting getting bent over and told what is supposed to be good like you are apparently. 

last I checked, message boards are generally here for people to discuss things. And you haven’t proven to discuss anything other that telling the people that came here to discuss how unimpressed we are, that we’re babies. Because you have no more information than we do. And you are the one here that seems to think that despite the Bills org coming out with renderings that they say what the stadium will look like, they will provide something different. 

Grats, your Rochester taxes are helping pay for the stadium in my city while only utilizing it a few times a year. And thinking you’r opinion is any more important than anyone else’s, all while accepting the useless stadium that you as a tax payer is paying for, but had no say in any of it. Just like anyone else on this message board. Except you think your opinion of the people that don’t like it should matter. 

I understand it’s not happening but a retractable dome prolly would have. Covering all the stands like tottenheim a close second 

blindly accepting?  i'm just not bent out of the design at all.  i'm sure it will a be a big upgrade and i'll enjoy myself like i always do...even without a dome.  it's called being well adjusted.   you really need to stop with the getting bent over nonsense.  are you giving up your seasons?  if not, you're the one getting bent over.  you'll be spending more and putting up with it.  either show yourself to be a man of your word, or just pipe down already.  bitching on a message board doesn't mean you're being an activist.  you just think you're blowing off all that steam after paying money for something you don't like.  

it's fine to discuss what's liked and not liked.  there's far more than that.  it's the typical board crying.  we don't have something, and when we finally get it, people cry because it's not the exact way they would like it.  i never told anyone not to have an opinion, or that their opinion didn't matter.  i only jumped into this thread when i saw people trying to reason why the bills were getting screwed on cost.  it's obvious those posters have no idea what their talking about and just want to complain.  then you stared in the the buffalo mentality nonsense.  it's not a buffalo problem, it's you.  you think this area of the state owes you anything?  give it a break.  you're here for whatever reason, so make the best of it.  the zip code isn't the problem. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

blindly accepting?  i'm just not bent out of the design at all.  i'm sure it will a be a big upgrade and i'll enjoy myself like i always do...even without a dome.  it's called being well adjusted.   you really need to stop with the getting bent over nonsense.  are you giving up your seasons?  if not, you're the one getting bent over.  you'll be spending more and putting up with it.  either show yourself to be a man of your word, or just pipe down already.  bitching on a message board doesn't mean you're being an activist.  you just think you're blowing off all that steam after paying money for something you don't like.  

it's fine to discuss what's liked and not liked.  there's far more than that.  it's the typical board crying.  we don't have something, and when we finally get it, people cry because it's not the exact way they would like it.  i never told anyone not to have an opinion, or that their opinion didn't matter.  i only jumped into this thread when i saw people trying to reason why the bills were getting screwed on cost.  it's obvious those posters have no idea what their talking about and just want to complain.  then you stared in the the buffalo mentality nonsense.  it's not a buffalo problem, it's you.  you think this area of the state owes you anything?  give it a break.  you're here for whatever reason, so make the best of it.  the zip code isn't the problem. 

It’s funny we’re exactly the same except on separate ends of the argument. You’re just as bullish and stubborn as I am about your side of it. And you keep throwing in that I’m the one that’s bothered by it. I’ve stated multiple times now that I said it will be an upgrade over what we have now but could have been so much more. And people here have brought up facts and costs of current stadiums being built as well, recent stadiums that were built, and the increase costs with inflation and you still don’t think we could have had more. You’re the one that thinks I should cancel my season tickets, as if that would prove anything to the Bills anyway. It won’t. Half of the fan base could cancel their tickets and they will still just keep plugging along with what they’ve planned. No, I’ll continue to pay for my season tickets, and then sell them for double to some clueless people from Rochester. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s funny we’re exactly the same except on separate ends of the argument. You’re just as bullish and stubborn as I am about your side of it. And you keep throwing in that I’m the one that’s bothered by it. I’ve stated multiple times now that I said it will be an upgrade over what we have now but could have been so much more. And people here have brought up facts and costs of current stadiums being built as well, recent stadiums that were built, and the increase costs with inflation and you still don’t think we could have had more. You’re the one that thinks I should cancel my season tickets, as if that would prove anything to the Bills anyway. It won’t. Half of the fan base could cancel their tickets and they will still just keep plugging along with what they’ve planned. No, I’ll continue to pay for my season tickets, and then sell them for double to some clueless people from Rochester. 

i can't say i disagree with any of this.  i'm not saying you should sell your ticket at all.  i'm just pointing out that you're the beaten girlfriend you like to call others out as if you keep going back.  people are melting down over renderings.  i can't wait until the specific specs come out.  you think we could have had more, so do you think he pegulas and the state are hold back just because?    so make a few buck selling you tickets to "clueless" people from rochester.  we can afford them, and we'll have fun at the game without having this bizarre complex about the city we're from.  

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i can't say i disagree with any of this.  i'm not saying you should sell your ticket at all.  i'm just pointing out that you're the beaten girlfriend you like to call others out as if you keep going back.  people are melting down over renderings.  i can't wait until the specific specs come out.  you think we could have had more, so do you think he pegulas and the state are hold back just because?    so make a few buck selling you tickets to "clueless" people from rochester.  we can afford them, and we'll have fun at the game without having this bizarre complex about the city we're from.  

I continue to go back because I enjoy the game of football and friends that enjoy that with every game at tailgates, etc. but you will see soon enough that many things are going to change. As much as I enjoy watching the game, spending 8k a year on tickets is absolutely stupid. If you believe otherwise, you are either ok with throwing away money, or clueless and had no idea that’s what many tickets will end up costing. Unless you are ok with sitting a half a mile up in the 500s. Which, if you are, you probably get hammered off natty ices in the lots and take your shirt off for the games in the winter because you’re super cool and get on TV. 

and if you don’t think this area has a small mind mentality in general, you are more clueless than I thought. It’s part of the charm of the area and Weatern NYets pride themselves on being close knit the way we are. Hell, even the millionaire athletes on the team talk about the community. But the fact is, this area has went through multiple instances where the small mind mentality has cost progress in the area. If you don’t know that, you’re too young, or have no idea. Either way, it’s not your fault, probably the Rochester schooling. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

I continue to go back because I enjoy the game of football and friends that enjoy that with every game at tailgates, etc. but you will see soon enough that many things are going to change. As much as I enjoy watching the game, spending 8k a year on tickets is absolutely stupid. If you believe otherwise, you are either ok with throwing away money, or clueless and had no idea that’s what many tickets will end up costing. Unless you are ok with sitting a half a mile up in the 500s. Which, if you are, you probably get hammered off natty ices in the lots and take your shirt off for the games in the winter because you’re super cool and get on TV. 

and if you don’t think this area has a small mind mentality in general, you are more clueless than I thought. It’s part of the charm of the area and Weatern NYets pride themselves on being close knit the way we are. Hell, even the millionaire athletes on the team talk about the community. But the fact is, this area has went through multiple instances where the small mind mentality has cost progress in the area. If you don’t know that, you’re too young, or have no idea. Either way, it’s not your fault, probably the Rochester schooling. 

Ya that new Peace Bridge and Sporting Goods store in the Aud worked out

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

guess when spending 8k a year isn't stupid?  when you can afford it!  maybe you can't but others can and will. 

and i don't think buffalo has a small mind mentality in general.  you were the one getting into the buffalo mentality...not me.  you're the typical angry buffalo resident that nothing goes well for them and they just can't wait to leave.  that's the loser mentality.  i don't love living here because of the weather, but i make it work for me.  notice how you don't seem to get this kind of complaining from people slightly outside of buffalo?  it's a problem caused by people like you.  you complain how buffalo is awful, and then in the same breath tell everyone else how they just don't get it.  get over it already.  this old man crying is so unbecoming.  sack up, be a man, and get your ***** together.  if it makes you feel better insulting the people from rochester, go nuts.  we're not the ones crying about cost and our difficult lives.  

whaaaaa i live in buffalo.   whhhhaaaaaa i didn't get a dome.  whhhhhaaaa i'm a beaten girlfriend.  grow up.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

When you break it down over 50 years it’s not something that couldn’t get done.

The Bills will triple in worth over that time.

And yet, the taxpaying non-fans and fans pay for the business expenses of the team owner.  

Funny how none of that will come back to the people that paid for it.  

Not to open an old debate, ... Just sayin'.   For whatever the price more, Pegula could do whatever he wanted.  He had enough to throw around for a yacht that cost nearly $100M plus annual operating costs, but what, couldn't have put that money towards his own business expense?  Asking for a friend.  LOL  

It is what it all is, but the one thing missing from this entire shebang is very significant investment by the owner of the business whose business expense it is.   

As you said, the team will triple in value over so many decades, and he (or whomever the owner is at that time, Jessica?) will realize that profit, while those that paid for it won't realize any financial ROI whatsoever.  

If Pegula had wanted characteristics that are not there, he easily could have asked for and paid for them himself in what we understand is already the biggest publicly funded pro sports stadium in history.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

And yet, the taxpaying non-fans and fans pay for the business expenses of the team owner.  

Funny how none of that will come back to the people that paid for it.  

Not to open an old debate, ... Just sayin'.   For whatever the price more, Pegula could do whatever he wanted.  He had enough to throw around for a yacht that cost nearly $100M plus annual operating costs, but what, couldn't have put that money towards his own business expense?  Asking for a friend.  LOL  

It is what it all is, but the one thing missing from this entire shebang is very significant investment by the owner of the business whose business expense it is.   

As you said, the team will triple in value over so many decades, and he (or whomever the owner is at that time, Jessica?) will realize that profit, while those that paid for it won't realize any financial ROI whatsoever.  

If Pegula had wanted characteristics that are not there, he easily could have asked for and paid for them himself in what we understand is already the biggest publicly funded pro sports stadium in history.  

it is not the biggest publicly funded stadium ever and Pegula will pay over 50% when all is done.

and value of franchise going up does nothing for the yearly bottom line. Think of your house if you are an owner. If it goes up in value you get nothing unless you sell it. Pegs probably never selling in his lifetime so will never get that benefit. Just like Ralph got zilch. If he does sell, capital gains will take a big chunk. Meanwhile just like a house that rises in value the insurance, upkeep, liability ins., salaries, legal, operational costs, and taxes go up and up.

but yes he should have contributed a bit more to get a roof and give Bills fans best chance at ever seeing a SB winning team. This non roof stadium will haunt the Bills for decades. They play like crap in crap weather.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Inflation has risen about 20%. Throw in another 20% for NYS and you have $1.4B ... our budget.

throw in cost increases as it won't be done until 2026 and it will go over. Which Pegs must pay any overruns.

36 minutes ago, teef said:

guess when spending 8k a year isn't stupid?  when you can afford it!  maybe you can't but others can and will. 

and i don't think buffalo has a small mind mentality in general.  you were the one getting into the buffalo mentality...not me.  you're the typical angry buffalo resident that nothing goes well for them and they just can't wait to leave.  that's the loser mentality.  i don't love living here because of the weather, but i make it work for me.  notice how you don't seem to get this kind of complaining from people slightly outside of buffalo?  it's a problem caused by people like you.  you complain how buffalo is awful, and then in the same breath tell everyone else how they just don't get it.  get over it already.  this old man crying is so unbecoming.  sack up, be a man, and get your ***** together.  if it makes you feel better insulting the people from rochester, go nuts.  we're not the ones crying about cost and our difficult lives.  

whaaaaa i live in buffalo.   whhhhaaaaaa i didn't get a dome.  whhhhhaaaa i'm a beaten girlfriend.  grow up.

You’ve mentioned it earlier in this thread on how you feel I’m not the type of person they are targeting with this new stadium. Curious how you came to that considering you k ow nothing about me or how old I am. What my income is. What my job is. Just curious how old you think I am. I’ll just tell you. I’m in my 40s. Not sure how you believe my age range is out date, or that I’m an old man. Only thing I can think of is you are in your 20s. And if that’s the case, you’re right, your age is exactly who the Bills are targeting. Only 15 years from now when you actually have a career and your not just the kid that bitters the bread at the local Nick Tahoos. 

they are absolutely trying to cater to people that would prefer more comforts while being at the stadium than there are not available at the current stadium. Not kids drinking booze in the parking lots. You’ll see one day when you grow up. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.