Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Speaking of, why haven't we been shown more?

Other stadiums being built had full video walkthroughs and virtual 3D experiences by this point. Titans, for example, who got funding after we did.

Yes, it’s really puzzling. These renderings are not made by a dude with a water color easel and brush. They’re simply snap shots of the full architectural computer model of the stadium. They can literally create hundreds of them in a few hours. All I can think of is that the Bills Magmt isn’t quite happy with what the architects have come up with for those concourse areas, and so they’ve asked them to present a few more options before releasing to the public…but that’s just my guess, speaking as someone in the industry. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Your #1 is huge to me! I wouldn’t go to State Farm Arena in ATL for anything for years because the seating was uncomfortably tight. I’m not huge by any means at 6’1”, but I had nowhere to put my legs! I ended up walking the whole second half of a Hawks game because the seating space sucked! 

We know virtually nothing about 2-4, and that’s where we need the biggest improvements. How can anyone judge without knowing the answers there? 

Thanks Augie….and you’re 100% correct. In an outdoor venue the architects better be taking into account the layers of clothing people will need to wear to the game, and then make the seat WIDTHS appropriate. Likewise, if the row spacing is just an inch or two deeper it can make all difference for both legroom and the need to get up every time someone exits your row. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, it’s really puzzling. These renderings are not made by a dude with a water color easel and brush. They’re simply snap shots of the full architectural computer model of the stadium. They can literally create hundreds of them in a few hours. All I can think of is that the Bills Magmt isn’t quite happy with what the architects have come up with for those concourse areas, and so they’ve asked them to present a few more options before releasing to the public…but that’s just my guess, speaking as someone in the industry. 

Doing it right beats doing it fast, IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Your #1 is huge to me! I wouldn’t go to State Farm Arena in ATL for anything for years because the seating was uncomfortably tight. I’m not huge by any means at 6’1”, but I had nowhere to put my legs! I ended up walking the whole second half of a Hawks game because the seating space sucked! 

We know virtually nothing about 2-4, and that’s where we need the biggest improvements. How can anyone judge without knowing the answers there? 

EDIT: I’ve heard the seats have been rearranged at State Farm Arena. It couldn’t be worse. 

I always enjoy State Farm Arena and Mercedez benz (because they are domes) that the women always wear the tight yoga pants and tight t-shirts.

Wouldn't it be nice to see some buffalo women in tight yoga pants and t-shirts ?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I always enjoy State Farm Arena and Mercedez benz (because they are domes) that the women always wear the tight yoga pants and tight t-shirts.

Wouldn't it be nice to see some buffalo women in tight yoga pants and t-shirts ?

I’ll have to say…..that would depend upon a few different factors.  😋

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

maybe you get in there an hour before the game starts so you haven’t experienced it, but the concourse width and comfort @SoCal Deek mentioned are major, major issues at the current stadium. I’ve had season tickets since ‘07. The vast majority of tailgating fans are trying to cram in there 15-20 min before kickoff. Nothing puts a damper on the experience more than vast lines at the gates and gridlock within the sewer tunnel concourses before kickoff. Everyone I know has complained about it. The fact that you don’t think it’s an issue or never heard any complaints is, frankly, hard to believe.

It’s just never been something I’ve heard discussed. 

It’s definitely something I would’ve upgraded with the new stadium, and they are. 

The stadium will be better, I have always acknowledged that. Major upgrades over what was there. What I’m trying to say is no one outside of Buffalo will care about this stadium. 

Does that make sense? Players, fans, and media outside of Buffalo won’t even think twice about it. I include Buffalo Bills players as outsiders as well. The only thing they’re going to say is why didn’t they put a roof on it?

Honestly I don’t even feel a sense of excitement about the stadium locally. We’re actually getting a new stadium and there’s very little excitement.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

42 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I don't think that going from 70k to 60k is really going to make that difference tho.  

You don't think they're going to have any difficulty then selling tix at over twice the current face value, while charging PSL fees?  

I'd love to see that but I'm also not so sure.  But my point was that maybe they don't even care all that much of we only sell say 40k of the 60.  

Time will tell, but when the topic comes up, it seems like there are a lot of STHs here that day they're not going to pay that much and will watch at home instead.  

I do think they will have trouble getting the PSLs they are hoping for but part of it will come from ticket agency partners they have been using the last decade.  The cost for tickets elsewhere is higher even than the jacked up prices so the agencies will buy the seats including PSLs and package them with air, hotel and tailgate to fill stadium.  This will reduce advantage to home team but there is pressure from NFL to raise prices.  I also think this will reduce merchandise sales when fans realize that getting seats for a group of people is impossible except via ticket markup agencies.  Most fans I know went to games as younger fans even if now they prefer large screen TVs at home.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Kind of looks comfortable to sit on and read a news paper.

That's what my Carolina buddy told me!

He said it looks like a bedpan. I guess I can see it.

Maybe we can call it "the pan". We went from "the Ralph" to "the Pan".

bedpan.jpg

• Haha (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I do think they will have trouble getting the PSLs they are hoping for but part of it will come from ticket agency partners they have been using the last decade.  The cost for tickets elsewhere is higher even than the jacked up prices so the agencies will buy the seats including PSLs and package them with air, hotel and tailgate to fill stadium.  This will reduce advantage to home team but there is pressure from NFL to raise prices.  I also think this will reduce merchandise sales when fans realize that getting seats for a group of people is impossible except via ticket markup agencies.  Most fans I know went to games as younger fans even if now they prefer large screen TVs at home.

Thanks!  I didn't know that about the agencies, doesn't seem right.  

Is there that kind of demand for tickets in Buffalo for so many people to come from out-of-town that aren't typical fans though?   I'm also thinking maybe with Allen here, but once he's gone, whenever that ends up being, not so much.  

IDK, seems like the whole modern pro sports experience isn't what it used to be.  I think I'm one of the "odd men out" these days.  I was at all of the home playoff games except for the Comeback game, we drove by but decided to watch it locally instead.  But back then the tailgating was the thing, after that all I needed was a seat.  It's nice to have clean accessible restrooms without sewage water all over the floor, but otherwise, IDK, I don't care as much about stadium amenities as most people.  I'm only willing to pay so much for that though.  The prices, aftermarket, are approaching what I'd pay for a nice long-weekend entire vacation or perhaps even a week at the beach during mid-season.  

I don't have seasons because I don't live in the region anymore, but once those PSLs hit combined with double the prices, it'll be out of my price range and out of what I'm willing to pay on principle otherwise.  Going to games is becoming like family vacations.  LOL  

I've gotta admit too, that there's something about making your own wings at home and watching on TV.  

37 minutes ago, boater said:

The Bills just posted these new renderings on FB a few minutes ago. https://www.buffalobills.com/news/stadium-news

I apologize if this has already been reported.

It's a handsome building.

Love the aerial view in the context of the neighborhood’. It’s definitely the best overall view they’ve shared to date. 

A few questions about our future stadium..

1.  What's with the large cutouts in the corners of the endzone of the new stadium?  

2.  Is there actually a solid wall behind the wind confusing mesh facades?  If not, how the hell is anyone gonna stay warm in the concourse or anywhere inside?

3. Why is the scoreboard so small?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fair enough. What I think you’re missing is that the new stadium is a complete do-over, so things that you’ve taken for granted all these years might actually be compromised in the new stadium.

Most people don’t realize that the biggest single factor in stadium venue design is the width of the seats and the spacing of the rows. The new facility will most certainly not have bench seating but instead individual bucket seats. If the designers try and squeeze in an additional seat per row or additional row per seating level it will have a significant impact on your game day experience. 

Likewise, on a raining, windy, or really cold afternoon, having heated, wide concourse areas both before the game and during halftime will be a much welcomed improvement. 

If everyone's standing the whole time it won't matter re: the seats.  Seems as if the entire lower bowl never sits down anymore.  

I'd prefer the standing room areas which presumably would be at the club level, and less expensive, if everyone's going to stand anyway.  At least you can shift around up there.  

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Love the aerial view in the context of the neighborhood’. It’s definitely the best overall view they’ve shared to date. 

Agreed.  IDK tho, maybe it's me, but the style of the stadium seems a little out of place out in the suburbs like that.  

I wonder how long it's gonna take them to fill in the hole where the current stadium is and turn it into parking.  That's a whole lotta parking that they're gonna need.  It looks like the new parking around the stadium, while it looks nice, holds about half the cars of the existing lots.  

Edited by PBF81

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

If everyone's standing the whole time it won't matter re: the seats.  Seems as if the entire lower bowl never sits down anymore.  

I'd prefer the standing room areas which presumably would be at the club level, and less expensive, if everyone's going to stand anyway.  At least you can shift around up there.  

Agreed.  IDK tho, maybe it's me, but the style of the stadium seems a little out of place out in the suburbs like that.  

I wonder how long it's gonna take them to fill in the hole where the current stadium is and turn it into parking.  That's a whole lotta parking that they're gonna need.  It looks like the new parking around the stadium, while it looks nice, holds about half the cars of the existing lots.  

It’s interesting you mention style. As has been mentioned many times on here, the architects are the same firm that designed Tottenham in NE London. I’ve walked around that stadium, and it’s ultra modern exterior gives the impression that a spaceship has landed in a neighborhood of old Buffalo-like brick row houses. You can only get far enough away from the stadium to appreciate the architecture from one adjacent street. With all of that said, It is REALLY well done. 

The alternative would be Cowboy Stadium in Arlington whose singular form can actually be seen when you’re taxing in at the airport some 10 to 15 miles away. (Of course Central Texas has way more open vistas than Orchard Park) So there is something to be said for creating a large form and placing it in a big open field where you visualize the entire structure. 

With regards to the demolition of the old stadium, my ballpark estimate is that’ll take as much as a calendar year to demo it, fill it, and then repurpose it as parking. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s interesting you mention style. As has been mentioned many times on here, the architects are the same firm that designed Tottenham in NE London. I’ve walked around that stadium, and it’s ultra modern exterior gives the impression that a spaceship has landed in a neighborhood of old Buffalo-like brick row houses. You can only get far enough away from the stadium to appreciate the architecture from one adjacent street. With all of that said, It is REALLY well done. 

The alternative would be Cowboy Stadium in Arlington whose singular form can actually be seen when you’re taxing in at the airport some 10 to 15 miles away. (Of course Central Texas has way more open vistas than Orchard Park) So there is something to be said for creating a large form and placing it in a big open field where you visualize the entire structure. 

With regards to the demolition of the old stadium, my ballpark estimate is that’ll take as much as a calendar year to demo it, fill it, and then repurpose it as parking. 

Yeah, I've read that about Tottenham.  I'm only seeing a few similarities however.  And why aren't they releasing more renderings.  If they're getting close to ground-breaking then the archtectural renderings are already long done.  I don't understand why they won't put more out, particularly of the concourses etc.  

I'm less into those modern impressions than most are, someone mentioned Lucas Oil Stadium, which IMO as I mentioned would look a lot better in Orchard Park than this thing.  That brick facade just seems to fit the region better.  I guess to me, being the Finger Lakes region and all, more or less over there, something more traditional would fit in better.  The existing pics look as if they'd fit better downtown.  

I forgot about one thing that you implied, I keep forgetting that Rich is primarily underground but that the new one will be entirely above ground.  That alone will make a huge impression that people should be able to see from notably farther away even with the lightly rolling terrain.  

Pegula needs to sign the lease extension too.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.