A REPORTER THINKS Packers are "done with Rodgers"

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically think he blew off the offseason program, mailed it in during the season and didn't show up in shape.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/report-packers-are-disgusted-with-aaron-rodgers-theyre-done-with-him/

All of the above is true. Aaron Rodgers is uber talented. But a big reason he has only won one Superbowl is himself and his personality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

By his standards he had a down year throwing for 3,695 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. That isn't a bad year overall, but the decline may have started. He is 39 and I don't see him playing well into his mid 40's like Brady did. I still don't want him going to the Jets as he is still good enough to get them to the playoffs. That would make things harder for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

“They are done with Rodgers,” McGinn said, citing his own instincts, his knowledge of the league, and “discussions with someone who [has] first-hand knowledge” of the Packers.

HAHAHAHA

This "reporter" is citing his own instincts? I know journalism isn't held to the same standards it once was, but this is a joke right?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

bwx0bX0.jpg

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

“They are done with Rodgers,” McGinn said, citing his own instincts, his knowledge of the league, and “discussions with someone who [has] first-hand knowledge” of the Packers.

HAHAHAHA

This "reporter" is citing his own instincts? I know journalism isn't held to the same standards it once was, but this is a joke right?

LOL. Source: I feel it in my plums

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to A REPORTER THINKS Packers are "done with Rodgers"

Aaron Rodgers has been gradually becoming insufferable for about the last 4 or 5 years. Now his ego is larger than his football resume and he's also gone full-blown weirdo. It wouldn't surprise me if they found him chasing tumbleweeds down Highway 118 in Texas, naked, while tripping on peyote. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

By his standards he had a down year throwing for 3,695 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. That isn't a bad year overall, but the decline may have started. He is 39 and I don't see him playing well into his mid 40's like Brady did. I still don't want him going to the Jets as he is still good enough to get them to the playoffs. That would make things harder for the Bills.

Ya could be.  I had him in a fantasy league and he did much better the last few games compared to the first 10 or so. Seemed like he had no chemistry with his weapons til later in the year.

Rodgers and Carr is a hot topic in the tri state area right now for the Jets.  All I know is I'd much rather they land Carr than Rodgers. He's only 1 year removed from back to back mvps 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya could be.  I had him in a fantasy league and he did much better the last few games compared to the first 10 or so. Seemed like he had no chemistry with his weapons til later in the year.

Rodgers and Carr is a hot topic in the tri state area right now for the Jets.  All I know is I'd much rather they land Carr than Rodgers. He's only 1 year removed from back to back mvps 

I hope they don't get Carr either as he would also be an upgrade over what they have. I am hoping they strike out on getting one of the QB's and have to resign White with Wilson as the backup again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Basically think he blew off the offseason program, mailed it in during the season and didn't show up 

He won 4 of their last 5 games averaging 30 points a game in the wins. That kept them in the playoff hunt until seasons end. Not so sure that's "mailing it in"

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I hope they don't get Carr either as he would also be an upgrade over what they have. I am hoping they strike out on getting one of the QB's and have to resign White with Wilson as the backup again.

Ya that'd be ideal. They'd still get someone,  a Jimmy G or something but Carr was spotted with Saleh and their GM last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Packers have stumbled upon some unreal talent over the years, but they only got two rings out of Rodgers and Favre combined. I’m not sure if it’s because they’re not a big market team or if they’re playing money ball. They do draft well but I don’t think they’re committed to winning.

They haven't drafted consistently well and rode two good QBs to two rings. Should have had more with that QB talent.

I don't know where I fall with this - will I be happy if the Bills win only one SB through Allen's career? Of course I will be happy to lose our virginity but will eventually end up feeling unfulfilled. Much as the Packers fans should be feeling.

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Packers have stumbled upon some unreal talent over the years, but they only got two rings out of Rodgers and Favre combined. I’m not sure if it’s because they’re not a big market team or if they’re playing money ball. They do draft well but I don’t think they’re committed to winning.

Ted Thompson was certainly a moneyball guy. I can’t recall him signing a single big ticket free agent during his whole term as GM. The biggest was probably Julius Peppers who they got at a considerable discount because he wanted to play as a 3-4 rush backer to wind down his career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

The Favre Packer teams were pretty solid, they probably should have won at least one or two more rings back then.  I never thought the overall teams during the Rodgers era were that great and think they were lucky Rodgers was that good when they won another with him.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Aaron Rodgers has been gradually becoming insufferable for about the last 4 or 5 years. Now his ego is larger than his football resume and he's also gone full-blown weirdo. It wouldn't surprise me if they found him chasing tumbleweeds down Highway 118 in Texas, naked, while tripping on peyote. 

I dunno man, society is super weird. Just because a bunch of people are doing the same weird thing and suddenly label that weird thing as not weird, doesn't make it not weird.

Like we're like hurling through space on this giant rock with asteroids swirling past us, nobody has any freaking clue what's going on, but we're too psychologically fragile as a species to acknowledge that. So we call people who don't fit into an arbitrary box that a bunch of sentient (probably semi sentient) hairless apes called "normal" yet if you look around the world it's all different in terms of what's normal, which means there is no normal.

Plus if you really look at what normal is, it is just shorthand for we need to make people feel like they need to fit in so they buy stuff or prop up people in positions of power.

Listen to some Alan Watts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Basically think he blew off the offseason program, mailed it in during the season and didn't show up in shape.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/17/report-packers-are-disgusted-with-aaron-rodgers-theyre-done-with-him/

Rodgers is an (first letter of the alphabet + hole).  Always looks upset on the sidelines even when winning.  I'm not sure how teammates can work with this guy.

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I think it would be a good thing if he went there. Maybe then the Raiders can give the Chiefs some competition in the division.

I don't think Rodgers' heart is into it anymore. He's playing for the paycheck. Guys like him don't improve a team.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't think Rodgers' heart is into it anymore. He's playing for the paycheck. Guys like him don't improve a team.

Maybe but then why play. Sure, he could make more money, but he is financially set for life right now. Unless he is a moron with his money like Tyson was, he could retire and do whatever he wants.

Edited by Gregg

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Maybe but then why play. Sure, he could make more money, but he is financially set for life right now. Unless he is a moron with his money like Tyson was, he could retire and do whatever he wants.

Who doesn't want another $45-50MM? Not to mention it keeps him relevant while he figures out what his next gig is. Does he get those State Farm ads if he's retired? 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.