SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

His left toe is down when his left hand hit the ball on the double clutch - this is one where they should just give it to him for a great catch

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

How?  He caught it with two feet down?  It was overturned so I guess it wasn't but I still don't get how.

That's not enough to establish possession in bounds. There has to be a third step or some sort of football move like a juke or a spin, etc.

Now, wait.  If they threw a flag, KC should not get to challenge the previous play.  Philly snapped the ball, which was the cause of the flag.

Because the refs messed up, fine, it's not a penalty, but KC should not get to challenge here, due to a referee's error.

Edited by BLeonard
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Looked to me like he moved forward after catching it.  Maybe slightly, but he did.  Looked like a football move to me.

He was hit as soon as he caught it and never even had an opportunity to tuck it away.  Not sure how you classify that as a football move as defined in the rule book.

He barely had time to turn his head.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The rule book defines it.  A third step, tucking the ball away, etc.

How about catching the ball and then turning 90 degrees upfield? I know it was bang bang but possession and two feet should be the rule then it takes the human bias errors out of it…

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Reid gameday coaching today is like the Reid of old. Chickened out and kicked a FG in first half, and then a bad challenge. 

Imagine an offensive coach make the same mistakes as a defensive coach.

I guess they aren't mutually exclusive after all. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.