Super Bowl Pre-Game thread. (Chiefs vs. Eagles)

Draconator

I think it’s the Chiefs night.  Can’t shake how they destroyed the 49ers in SF this season….a hot knife through butter. I think the AFC has better teams.  Also KC being embarrassed in their last SB will benefit their preparation and this Eagles team/staff are mostly experiencing their 1st SB.

I have most of my online bets banking on a KC win/cover but hedged a little bit on the Eagles and some parlays.

Edited by zow2

In a game you honestly wish for an aliens from Independence Day arrival… 
Hey you can’t pick your schedule but man that list of teams and QBs the Eagles have played is a whose who of mediocrity.

Going to go with Spags throwing off the Eagles offense a bit and Andy making Isiah Pachecko the secret weapon of the Super Bowl. 
Chiefs take it 37-24

40 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I am rooting for the Eagles.

Picking chiefs.

Jalen is good, mahomes is better.  I hope Jalen proves me wrong.

Comes down to offense today.  Both defenses will be good today, even if the score is up.  Comes down to the guy with experience.

Kinda what my guts telling me also

• Like (+1) 1

God, I’m getting the sweats thinking about Buffalo in this game playing the same old tired defense and getting shredded by the run game and then the pass game. Then getting pressured and struggling to make yardage on offense. Thank god I don’t have to experience that today. It would’ve been so ugly. Our coach staff would’ve been an embarrassment today. 

I am biased obviously, but I see KC handling this.  Top Tier Defesnes do not deter KC.  

Philly was the most turnover dependent team in the NFL....they'll need to be plus 2 or better.

KC going to have a game plan to get the ball out quick to negate Philly pass rush.  I think Kadarious Toney has a big game on all the short quick stuff KC will run....and while their attention is on Kelce.

KC, if they can get out front....Philly not a team built to come from behind in a track meet.  On teh other hand, if Philly gets up early...KC has the confidence and roster to get back in it.  

Spags has been ON POINT with his gameplans since the bye week.  And he had it dialed in vs the Bengals.  I expect Spags is up to the challenge here.

31-17 KC.  KC up 31-10 late. Philly gets garbage time score.

• Vomit 2
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

Yeah. For some reason this game seems somewhat anticlimactic...

I hear you. I don't care who wins as long as it's Philly. That's about as much as I'm willing to invest in this. 

I'm so absolutely sick of hearing about the Mahomes genius from the way he plays the game to how well he adjusts his jockstrap on the sideline. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am biased obviously, but I see KC handling this.  Top Tier Defesnes do not deter KC.  

Philly was the most turnover dependent team in the NFL....they'll need to be plus 2 or better.

KC going to have a game plan to get the ball out quick to negate Philly pass rush.  I think Kadarious Toney has a big game on all the short quick stuff KC will run....and while their attention is on Kelce.

KC, if they can get out front....Philly not a team built to come from behind in a track meet.  On teh other hand, if Philly gets up early...KC has the confidence and roster to get back in it.  

Spags has been ON POINT with his gameplans since the bye week.  And he had it dialed in vs the Bengals.  I expect Spags is up to the challenge here.

31-17 KC.  KC up 31-10 late. Philly gets garbage time score.

Wow. 31-10? I think you are selling Philly short. I expect a good close game, not the blowout you envision. 

49 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

God, I’m getting the sweats thinking about Buffalo in this game playing the same old tired defense and getting shredded by the run game and then the pass game. Then getting pressured and struggling to make yardage on offense. Thank god I don’t have to experience that today. It would’ve been so ugly. Our coach staff would’ve been an embarrassment today. 

you people are broken. what a joke 

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Wow. 31-10? I think you are selling Philly short. I expect a good close game, not the blowout you envision. 

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

you people are broken. what a joke 

If this was Bills / Eagles, Id also predict 31-17 Bills.  Cincy was the matchup the Eagles were better suited for.  No O line, not a good running game AND no QB that can also run.  

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

If this was Bills / Eagles, Id also predict 31-17 Bills.  Cincy was the matchup the Eagles were better suited for.  No O line, not a good running game AND no QB that can also run.  

Well it's neither here nor there at this point but my view has been for quite a while this year that the Eagles would beat the Bills if we made it to the final. I certainly agree that the Bengals would be a better matchup for Philly.than are the Chiefs but I'm not ready to say that the Eagles front will be unable to bring some pressure PMs way. I think you will be playing a better team than you have seen so far in the playoffs.

Anyway congratulations on again making it to the Championship. Must be a real gas. Wish we were there instead of you lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.