Trevon Diggs trying to get his brother in Dallas

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Basically all the receivers that we might be able to get are slot guys except Rice and Boutte.

Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Jalin Hyatt, Zay Flowers can line up anywhere, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, there are options, just not the Quinton Johnston's of the draft. If we miss out on Flowers and Downs, my targets are Tillman then Hutchinson. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm starting to warm to Jaxon Smith-Njigba

JSN's college YAC ability is elite. Some concerns for his deep speed. He's projected to come in around 4.49 at the combine.  But that Rose Bowl game was impressive. Would have no problem with him at 27 unless Johnston falls. Boutte will be another to follow.

If Diggs wanted out he probably shouldnt have signed an extension just last offseason.  

This is the 2nd or 3rd thread already this offseason suggesting or hinting at a Diggs trade.  I am going to say it loud for the people in the back "TO TRADE DIGGS THE BILLS HAVE TO EAT 12 MILLION DOLLARS IN CAP SPACE!"

HIs contract doesnt allow a trade this offseason.  Cash strapped teams dont eat 12 million dollars in salary cap space.

If next year the BIlls want to trade the guy, and someone is looking for a 31 year old wideout who forced his way off two teams be my guest.  

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Jalin Hyatt, Zay Flowers can line up anywhere, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, there are options, just not the Quinton Johnston's of the draft. If we miss out on Flowers and Downs, my targets are Tillman then Hutchinson. 

Flowers is only 5' 9" so I think he'd struggle on the outside and would automatically be at a disadvantage against a lot of DBs.  Not saying he can't, but I'm sure that's something they'll look at.  Tillman and Hutch are both considered outside the top 10 prospects.  Not saying they can't play outside, but I was referring mainly to the guys you could possibly see us go for in the first round.  

Not really counting on him being there, but Hyatt would probably be the best of the bunch to use outside given his size and how good he is in 1v1s.  Don't expect Downs to be there either, but he could play outside if need be.  He reminds me of Diggs when I watch him run routes.

Rice is the most natural of the bunch on the outside and probably goes late first round and Boutte, who played both, in the second round.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Only if your looking at rnd 1. I think there are some mid to late rounders that could fill the wr2 role.

Agree.  I say as much in a later post.  If the top prospects are gone in the first when it gets to us, I'd hope they either take a top OL or even trade out of the first and pick up an extra pick or two since we've only got six.

• Like (+1) 1

You know what, I don't think a Diggs trade is 100% off the table if they decide he's a little too demanding about his role. That's why the Chiefs traded Hill. He was demanding the ball so they were forcing plays to him instead of just running the best offensive play to beat the defensive coverage. They decided it was better to get a big haul for him and let Mahomes run the offense without Hill's demands in the back of his mind. I wouldn't personally trade Diggs but it's not off the table.

BUT if we did trade him we would need to get back a 1st rounder obviously, and then find a way to get DeAndre Hopkins so we still have a #1 WR. Then use one of our 1sts to draft another WR. If we pulled all of that off I could see myself coming around to it. Still don't think it is actually going to happen though.

Edited by HappyDays

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know what, I don't think a Diggs trade is 100% off the table if they decide he's a little too demanding about his role. That's why the Chiefs traded Hill. He was demanding the ball so they were forcing plays to him instead of just running the best offensive play to beat the defensive coverage. They decided it was better to get a big haul for him and let Mahomes run the offense without Hill's demands in the back of his mind. I wouldn't personally trade Diggs but it's not off the table.

BUT if we did trade him we would need to get back a 1st rounder obviously, and then find a way to get DeAndre Hopkins so we still have a #1 WR. Then use one of our 1sts to draft another WR. If we pulled all of that off I could see myself coming around to it. Still don't think it is actually going to happen though.

Diggs could possibly be traded in the future, but I can't see how it's this offseason.  We are really in no position to eat his $12M cap hit this year regardless of what we got back in the trade.

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Diggs could possibly be traded in the future, but I can't see how it's this offseason.  We are really in no position to eat his $12M cap hit this year regardless of what we got back in the trade.

I just looked on Spotrac. There would be a $12 million dead cap hit this year and a $26 million dead cap hit in 2024 if we traded him this offseason. So nevermind...

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Diggs has caught over 100 balls each of the last 3 seasons, is the only receiver we have that puts any fear in defenses, and you wanted to get rid of him last season?

We're in need of a legit WR2 and you're talking about getting rid of our WR1.  😆

Look. I am not exactly for this move and that being said you have a horrible narrative going on that good teams need a true #1 WR. Even worse you assume to make it to a big game (not in your words but it how you put it) you need a true #1 WR to make it to the SB. This is a horrible narrative going around lately that to be good, you must have a true #1 and a true #2 WR.

Now lets talk about KC yes? they in the SB yes? Their #1 WR is ranked in the mid 30's and their #2 WR is ranked in the 50's. The point is, many teams do quite find with a 2A and a 2B WR. 

So... The argument is, If you pick up a true #2 in the FA and Draft someone that has the potential to be a potential #1 with the extra draft capital to add even more to your offensive line? then one would assume that fixes many things all in one shot. 

I myself do not assume anything, because our draft accuracy has not been the greatest. But in theory he is correct. 

The Bills struggled cause JA did not have enough time to go through reads, needing better WR because the OL stunk. I would rather have a top 5 OL and a WR #2A and a WR #2B then waste time with a top 5 WR and not be able to get him the ball cause of lack pass blocking. 

you have a #1A and a #1B WR for 2 reasons... Not a good QB or not a good OLINE.   Fix the OLINE.

16 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Flowers is only 5' 9" so I think he'd struggle on the outside and would automatically be at a disadvantage against a lot of DBs.  Not saying he can't, but I'm sure that's something they'll look at.  Tillman and Hutch are both considered outside the top 10 prospects.  Not saying they can't play outside, but I was referring mainly to the guys you could possibly see us go for us in the first round.  

Not really counting on him being there, but Hyatt would probably be the best of the bunch to use outside given his size and how good he is in 1v1s.  Don't expect Downs to be there either, but he could play outside if need be.  He reminds me of Diggs when I watch him run routes.

Rice is the most natural of the bunch on the outside and probably goes late first round and Boutte, who played both, in the second round.

Everywhere I see Flowers listed at 5'10", same as Downs. I see Flowers usually listed about 10lbs heavier than Downs as well, 185lbs to 175lbs. The Combine will be big for both of them, official measurements and weigh-ins. Flowers reminds me A LOT of Stef with his route running and quick feet in/out of breaks. Also, the way he sets up the DB's reminds me of Stef. I do like Downs a lot too though. I'd be hype if we got either of them.

The guys like Tillman and Hutchinson? Definitely mid-late day two guys. Both would definitely play on the outside imo. Tillman is slept on imo because of the year Hyatt had and the fact he was injured this year. Go back and watch him against Georgia and Alabama in 2021. He was eating against future NFL DB's all game. He's good with the contested catches and doesn't get alligator arms when he knows a hit is coming. He's not quite as big, but watching how he moves and the way he catches the ball reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall. Hutchinson was Iowa St.'s only option in the passing game and opposing defenses still couldn't stop him from getting the ball. He reminds me of Tyler Boyd. 

Talking about where guys line up now though? Most are versatile. Jefferson lines up in the Slot a lot, but he's definitely a #1 who can play anywhere. Chase? The same. You'll see Diggs lined up in the Slot on a number of occasions. It's all about matchups and creating mismatches. I'd would absolutely love to have Flowers or Downs. But if we go a different route early, DEFINITELY sign me up for Tillman and I wouldn't be mad at Hutchinson in the 3rd/4th. I still want us to make a run at Jakobi Meyers in FA too, but I don't think it happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

Trade him. Get a first. Lose the salary. Find your Justin Jefferson on cost control. Great player who is a declining asset at an exorbitant price. Should have traded him last off season. This team has massive holes. Best build a wall around Josh and hope he continues to be more than human.

Ive thought of this myself because if we don’t get it done next year at some point he will prolly want out. He’s going to be 30 next year. If there was ever still a time to trade him and get the highest value it would be now. But we have nobody we can say right now might be able to step up and be number 1 on this team. Justin Jeffersons don’t come around every year. We are kindve stuck in limbo with this roster. We need more around josh on offense to where we can’t let diggs go 

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Listening to Diggs on Dan Patrick was weird.  Referred to Josh as his quarterback and not by name.  Didn't try to explain it as an in the moment kind of thing or that things were good between them, instead seemed to suggest that there were issues in the second half of the season.  Some had suggested that Diggs was trying to get Allen to ignore Dorsey's play calling, but that was not my sense of what was going on between Allen and Diggs in that moment.  Appeared to be something between them.

• Like (+1) 1

This article tells us what is on Stef’s mind. It is not to leave. He wants to figure out how to get over the final hurdle and bring a Super Bowl win to Buffalo. Trevon can say whatever, but Stefon isn’t going anywhere. Dude is frustrated that the team ran out of gas. https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/stefon-diggs-playoff-loss-reaction/?fbclid=IwAR1pfILNDqGCskZZrso4ze9XHb2-AAYMUn9EqODaysqL7wZV4nt4o0j3NjQ

7 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Listening to Diggs on Dan Patrick was weird.  Referred to Josh as his quarterback and not by name.  Didn't try to explain it as an in the moment kind of thing or that things were good between them, instead seemed to suggest that there were issues in the second half of the season.  Some had suggested that Diggs was trying to get Allen to ignore Dorsey's play calling, but that was not my sense of what was going on between Allen and Diggs in that moment.  Appeared to be something between them.

Yeah...when he says they weren't clicking from week 9 on it's like he forgot that week 9 was also the week Allen did his elbow.

I agree very weird

17 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

“We had a formula for success…”

Could also be about Dorsey - but it’s everything.  

It’s just alphas being alphas and so long as they’re good and I’m positive they are there is nothing to see here….

Just Dorsey losing that formula.  That’s an issue.  

Don't forget their emotion after the Detroit game.  

Diggs wants to win a Super Bowl.  

And get 180 targets along the way - as he should.   

Josh needs to force it more at times to him.  

Until a clear WR 2 is there - or we’re winning and winning playing well.  Diggs will be fine with that.  

I don’t think there is too much to read into this. I am sure if the stars aligned being brothers they would like to play together if possible. However, I don’t see that happening at least for next season for sure. Diggs is important piece in the Bills offense and unless you have someone ready to step in and replace that production it is a non story. Dorsey does need to do better job of scheming Diggs open as primary option. Can’t let other teams dictate how you are going to play.

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Diggs has caught over 100 balls each of the last 3 seasons, is the only receiver we have that puts any fear in defenses, and you wanted to get rid of him last season?

We're in need of a legit WR2 and you're talking about getting rid of our WR1.  😆

He gets fed more balls than anyone else. Dropped some key catchable ones too. He’s not getting younger, not fast, and is neutralized by bracketing. Get something for him and hope the mediocre scouting staff can nail a replacement. Better a year early.  There’s only one indispensable player on the Bills. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

KC was going to resign Hill untill the Christian Kirk deal reset the market.  At that point, KC pivoted to the trade becasue they were not willing to pay the going rate.  They COULD have, but it would have meant squeezing the cap even more.  It wasn't about Hills role, although AFTER being traded and having a podcast, Hill said something about his target share (which is pretty silly, he was targetted a TON) Anyhow, once the money and cap didn't work anymore, then they moved on from Hill.  

Also...Diggs wouldn't bring back the return Hill did.  Diggs is a really good WR, but he isn't as dynamic as HIll and he's more QB dependent than Hill is.  Hill has now put up numbers with Alex Smith, Mahomes, and Tua...and you can make a case he helped Tua....which is why the Dolphins wanted him.  

FWIW, I think Diggs is with the Bills in 2023.  No trade, and certainly not one where you guys get a 1 back from anyone.  

How is this not tampering? He's under contract? Didn't Lebron James get tagged for doing this same type of BS. He needs to shut up. Dallas is a rich big market team, they need to stop stealing from other teams. This is complete crap & the NFL should step in & come down on him hard & investigate if the Cowgirls & Jerry are behind this lobbying campaign.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

This article tells us what is on Stef’s mind. It is not to leave. He wants to figure out how to get over the final hurdle and bring a Super Bowl win to Buffalo. Trevon can say whatever, but Stefon isn’t going anywhere. Dude is frustrated that the team ran out of gas. https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/stefon-diggs-playoff-loss-reaction/?fbclid=IwAR1pfILNDqGCskZZrso4ze9XHb2-AAYMUn9EqODaysqL7wZV4nt4o0j3NjQ

No one should ever deny Stefon's passion for winning a SB.  He wants it for his teammates and the community. Maybe somehow he's questioning the abilities of these coaches and frankly I don't blame him.  And now Josh might be in the middle of it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.