Should Sean Payton get a phone call?

SCBills

You want to change coaches OK, not that I totally agree or think it will happen.  But wouldn't be in favor of Peyton.  He won one SB with a top 5 QB, and had a number of .500 seasons.  Really not that impressed with him.  Think the bigger issue may be the schemes and coordinators than McD.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I almost always support the front office, and I think Mcdermott is a good coach. But the seat should be getting warm imo. 

I honestly don’t ever see Pegula making a change while the Bills are a playoff team each year, no matter how bitter the conclusion. IF the Bills miss the playoffs for a year or two, that’s the only way I see Pegula ever considering a move. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You want to change coaches OK, not that I totally agree or think it will happen.  But wouldn't be in favor of Peyton.  He won one SB with a top 5 QB, and had a number of .500 seasons.  Really not that impressed with him.  Think the bigger issue may be the schemes and coordinators than McD.

Let's see we have to give a 1st Rounder for him. 

100% 

You could tell at the start they handcuffed Josh. Down 14-0 and we go back to back runs? Come on.

Fact is, since Josh was drafted they have done nothing but build McDs defense. We used a first on Diggs, but besides that what have we done for this O?  It’s all for the D and they put up a performance like that. Terrible

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d be shocked if we fired McDermott, but I think you have to make the phone call off 13 seconds and now this. 

No...look at some of the results he fielded with Prime Brees.

He won one SB but then underachieved a lot.

• Agree 1

WE ARE NOT TRADING A FIRST ROUND PICK TO SIGN A HEAD COACH.  

We are cap strapped and desperately need our picks to rebuild the OL, WR group, RB and maybe replace guys like Poyer and Edmunds if they leave.  

END THREAD. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This whole staff is crap, we can pray Frazier gets a HC job but I highly doubt it. Sean Peyton would turn this offense into a monster 

Nobody wants an aging failed DC who sucks in the playoffs.  Frazier got punched in the mouth today with that worthless zone.  And McD won't fire him because of some blind loyalty.  It will be the same soft zone defense next year (aside from Milano).....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Nobody wants an aging failed DC who sucks in the playoffs.  Frazier got punched in the mouth today with that worthless zone.  And McD won't fire him because of some blind loyalty.  It will be the same soft zone defense next year (aside from Milano).....

How many tackles did Milano whiff at today. He’s soft zone also. 

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

What exactly are the McD white knights happy about? I was a fan too but c’mon guys. These are two brutal playoff exits in a row. How is it going to get better? 

13 seconds and a completely unprepared team on both sides of the ball. Last year was enough for me. We seen the McDermy ceiling. Call Frank and bring in Fangio to run the D 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I would 100% make that call.  McD may be a great leader of men, but as a gameday coach he has repeatedly proven he doesn't have what it takes to get them over the top.  McD has reached his ceiling and proven he can't break through it IMO.  Frankly I felt he should have been fired after 13 seconds.  Today was a complete embarrassment of domination in our house.  The Bills came out completely FLAT, and was massively out-coached on both sides of the ball.

I hate seeing that we're wasting Josh in his prime.

Edited by Preds

It won’t happen but at this point I’d be happy with it. This is how it’s always going to end with this team. The overall philosophy here is atrocious. We are so soft on both sides of the ball. This isn’t tennis. I don’t understand why we have no physicality. Then you have people arguing about domes….this team is a finesse ***** team. We aren’t built to play in the elements 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, he should get a phone call. Ths loss and the 13 seconds debacle were ALL ON THE STAFF!

One year, an anomaly.  Two years, a trend. Our roster and most importantly our QB are way too good to waste making apologies for an emotional attachment to a coaching staff. This was too big an implosion for heads NOT to roll. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.