Man just about every single person on ESPN picking the Bengals

78thealltimegreat

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

He will surely go in with that intent, but it will have everything to do with not wanting to let his coaches and teammates down and nothing to do with the media.  IMO

Ehhhh if I was in Josh Allen's position, the media definitely gave me bulletin board material. Sports legends usually do their best to prove the media wrong. Ask Tom Brady. Ask Peyton Manning. Look at Michael Jordan and Kobe. Jim Kelly himself went out of his way to call out sports media BS.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

5 hours ago, nosejob said:

I get so sick of hearing...If you blitz Burrow, he'll kill ya. Well I'll take that bet. We don't have to send T.J. or a corner. We can alternate Edmunds, Milano and A.J on early downs, get them in 3rd and long. They'll never know whose coming.... and send Neal or T.J. or whatever on 3rd if need be.

Hell put Boogie or Shaq on the inside and run a  5-2-4. But for Godsake don't run that stale old ass rush four 1990 defense and give Burrow all day. (especially if you're playing Eli). This game screams defensive scheming. Give Burrow the Mike White treatment. Take the 15, IDGAF. Punish!

BTW, it was great to see them finally playing some press man. Tre did good at that. If he and Elam can knock Chase and Boyd off their timing at the line, our rush can get home and we can cause turnovers.

preach on bro.

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

In the last 5 weeks he has been responsible for 15 touchdowns the standards for him are so ridiculously high anymore it’s not even funny 

If you're touted as the league MVP, then yes, expectations are very very high.  He's a great quarterback, but he can't be responsible for 3 turnovers against the Bengals and expect to win.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, nosejob said:

Speaking of which I sure hope he plays. While we only have 3 losses by 8 points, to me he has been a disappointment due to availability. They need to shoot him up, slap him up, tell him the Bengals are badmouthin his Momma, whatever, he has gotta show up and ball.

The quote from Von Miller making its rounds is apropos I think!!! He needs to play.

5 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

It doesn't matter who the media picks but overall at the moment 64% have picked Buffalo 

https://nflpickwatch.com/

Cool site to compile them all like that. Can't disagree with those picks, but there's bound to be an upset. Giants over Eagles, being a division game, is a good bet. I think the Eagles were able to run all over them in the regular season, though.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I see nothing wrong with Burrow feeling that way, in fact, I would expect that from a team that won as many games as they did.

While they lost one more game than us, our game was cancelled where they were leading and moving the ball at ease that could have seen them take over the #2 seed if they went on to win that game.   

They represented the AFC in the Super Bowl last year, they have beaten KC 3 times between this year and last year who are still considered the favorites despite being 1-5 over the last 6 games since last year against Cincy and Buffalo, and Buffalo just got taken down to the wire by a team everyone expected we would blow out.  

Why is anyone surprised he doesn't feel like an underdog?  And why would anyone take exception to the fact that he doesn't think he is the underdog?  

Truth is, this game to me is more of a coin flip.  If we can control our own mistakes, we should win this game, but if we don't get pressure on Burrow and give them extra chances with turnovers, then we will have a hard time winning this game.  These are two very good football teams, the margin of error on both sides is small.  

Very well stated! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, nosejob said:

I get so sick of hearing...If you blitz Burrow, he'll kill ya. Well I'll take that bet. We don't have to send T.J. or a corner. We can alternate Edmunds, Milano and A.J on early downs, get them in 3rd and long. They'll never know whose coming.... and send Neal or T.J. or whatever on 3rd if need be.

Hell put Boogie or Shaq on the inside and run a  5-2-4. But for Godsake don't run that stale old ass rush four 1990 defense and give Burrow all day. (especially if you're playing Eli). This game screams defensive scheming. Give Burrow the Mike White treatment. Take the 15, IDGAF. Punish!

BTW, it was great to see them finally playing some press man. Tre did good at that. If he and Elam can knock Chase and Boyd off their timing at the line, our rush can get home and we can cause turnovers.

Blitzing Burrow at a high rate will be a mistake. A timely blitz can be effective. Not sure if that's what you mean. Its imperative that the Bills pressure Burrow with their front four. They have to take advantage of the injury riddled Bengal Oline. If they don't it will be very hard to stop Burrow's passes to his very good pass catchers. 

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For what it's worth, when we are this deep into the playoffs, I kinda wish our crew would be less "Humble" and more "Hyped & Hungry". Start fast, execute, take the fight to them and knock em in the mouth before they know what hit em. Be the bully for once.

You want them to....build a bully?

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think you need to distinguish between what the Bills and their coaches say, and how they plan to play

The Evil Hoodie and his Tom minion were great at praising the other team in a flat monotone every presser before they walked on the field and proceeded to rip off heads and piss on the bodies

Nothing a team says prevents them from being physical and executing at a high level

Yeah, the Bills are PLENTY physical on both sides of the ball.

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I was estatic about them finally playing press man.  I said earlier in the year the Bills never do that but they needed to against Miami.  Especially if Tua played.

I agree. However, I'm a little uneasy about the young Elam matching up against the likes of Chase and Higgins. That's a really big ask and I would think the Bengals will try to exploit that match up. They went right after Tre in his one on one match up vs Chase. Burrow will almost always take his shots when he sees the one on one match up. He trusts his receiver to win the contested catch too. 

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

🤮 in my mouth when I read that.  Please….NSFW warning on that

Still SMH at the idea the braggin’ and swaggin’ correlates to the way a team plays.  Sure, a team can brag and swag and come out hot and play hard.

A team can also brag and swag and deflate when it’s kicked in the knee, and a team can be quiet and give the opponent props and come roaring out at kickoff and play like a swarm of angry honey badgers with a bad attitude until the clock runs down.

I personally think we’ll see two teams of heavyweight prizefighters go at it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree. However, I'm a little uneasy about the young Elam matching up against the likes of Chase and Higgins. That's a really big ask and I would think the Bengals will try to exploit that match up. They went right after Tre in his one on one match up vs Chase. Burrow will almost always take his shots when he sees the one on one match up. He trusts his receiver to win the contested catch too. 

I think he will do ok.  He has speed and he can stick to WR like glue.  Makes some mistakes but he's a rookie.  Those guys are going to get theirs.  We just need to make some stops when it counts and put up TDs on offense. The biggest thing is we cant turn the ball over.  We need to make our chances count.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think he will do ok.  He has speed and he can stick to WR like glue.  Makes some mistakes but he's a rookie.  Those guys are going to get theirs.  We just need to make some stops when it counts and put up TDs on offense. The biggest thing is we cant turn the ball over.  We need to make our chances count.

A few guys on offense that I think can have big games.

Gabe Davis looked great vs Miami and in last year's playoffs. Reports are he took extra practice and received calls from his mom and possibly Von. I think Cinci will try to take away Diggs. That's when David excels. 

Dawson Knox has been a touchdown machine. I believe he's scored in 4 or 5 straight games. The Bills have a bonifide TE weapon. 

Lastly, one of the Bills RBs is going to have a big game. Cook or Singletary (maybe both) have a great opportunity to do well. I think Cinci will try to stop the Bills vaunted passing attack first and foremost. Thus, there should be some nice opportunity for running the ball. Yes, the Bills can run the ball well. We saw how well they did in the Monday night game. I think we see more. 

I know there's think talk about D coordinator Anarumo. I know he's very good and makes nice adjustments. Hopefully, he's on the move adjusting all game with little success. 

This team will be focused. They know how to win. They have played in big games. All can be said about the Bengals too. This is setting up to be some sort of game. 

Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I see nothing wrong with Burrow feeling that way, in fact, I would expect that from a team that won as many games as they did.

While they lost one more game than us, our game was cancelled where they were leading and moving the ball at ease that could have seen them take over the #2 seed if they went on to win that game.   

They represented the AFC in the Super Bowl last year, they have beaten KC 3 times between this year and last year who are still considered the favorites despite being 1-5 over the last 6 games since last year against Cincy and Buffalo, and Buffalo just got taken down to the wire by a team everyone expected we would blow out.  

Why is anyone surprised he doesn't feel like an underdog?  And why would anyone take exception to the fact that he doesn't think he is the underdog?  

Truth is, this game to me is more of a coin flip.  If we can control our own mistakes, we should win this game, but if we don't get pressure on Burrow and give them extra chances with turnovers, then we will have a hard time winning this game.  These are two very good football teams, the margin of error on both sides is small.  

I hate this argument. The Bears (and the Browns) also moved the ball with ease in the beginning. That means nothing. Football is 60 minutes, and McDermott/Frazier are very good at making adjustments when something isn’t working. 

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hate this argument. The Bears (and the Browns) also moved the ball with ease in the beginning. That means nothing. Football is 60 minutes, and McDermott/Frazier are very good at making adjustments when something isn’t working. 

What argument?  I didn’t make an argument, I shared the perspective from Joe Burrows side of view and why it’s a non story he doesn’t feel like an underdog in his view.  

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What argument?  I didn’t make an argument, I shared the perspective from Joe Burrows side of view and why it’s a non story he doesn’t feel like an underdog in his view.  

I agree. Why would the defending AFC champs feel like an underdog? They are on a 9 game winning streak. They marched into Arrowhead last year and beat Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

They moved the ball at will in 2 possessions in the Monday night game vs the Bills.

Why shouldn't they feel confident like they are going to win? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We played a very sloppy game last Sunday, but the Bengals played a subpar game too. All I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed that Von won't be available when we need him most. Our DL depth is good, but nowhere near as good as Von.

Edited by GreggTX

I haven't been this excited about a game all season and I think it's because we're underdogs again. Love it. Bring on the hate. I can't wait for Allen to hurdle Eli Apple into oblivion for a TD while Burrow gets wrecked behind his patchwork OL.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I haven't been this excited about a game all season and I think it's because we're underdogs again. Love it. Bring on the hate. I can't wait for Allen to hurdle Eli Apple into oblivion for a TD while Burrow gets wrecked behind his patchwork OL.

The Bills aren't even underdogs, which is the weird part of it all. Not underdogs, but an underdog narrative...

On 1/20/2023 at 1:04 AM, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, the Bills are PLENTY physical on both sides of the ball.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:27 AM, Beck Water said:

🤮 in my mouth when I read that.  Please….NSFW warning on that

Still SMH at the idea the braggin’ and swaggin’ correlates to the way a team plays.  Sure, a team can brag and swag and come out hot and play hard.

A team can also brag and swag and deflate when it’s kicked in the knee, and a team can be quiet and give the opponent props and come roaring out at kickoff and play like a swarm of angry honey badgers with a bad attitude until the clock runs down.

I personally think we’ll see two teams of heavyweight prizefighters go at it.

How's that "humble, no swagger" idea looking now? Bills just got bullied up and down the field in their own house, in the snow. Another flat, listless game.

I can't really blame them for how this entire year went. Completely out of gas, physically and emotionally, at this point.

But the Bullies won yesterday. Handily.

16 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How's that "humble, no swagger" idea looking now? Bills just got bullied up and down the field in their own house, in the snow. Another flat, listless game.

I can't really blame them for how this entire year went. Completely out of gas, physically and emotionally, at this point.

But the Bullies won yesterday. Handily.

You okay? 

Everyone knows football is a physical sport. The Bills haven't had a problem being physical. McD wants them to be physical. He always talks about it. Allen, the leader of the team, is the most physical and chirpy QB in the league. Edmunds almost took off Ahmed's head in the Miami game and McD squatted and clapped in Ahmed's face for 10 seconds afterward.

This is a weird flex on your part. Are you getting bullied in your own life?

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

You okay? 

Everyone knows football is a physical sport. The Bills haven't had a problem being physical. McD wants them to be physical. He always talks about it. Allen, the leader of the team, is the most physical and chirpy QB in the league. Edmunds almost took off Ahmed's head in the Miami game and McD squatted and clapped in Ahmed's face for 10 seconds afterward.

This is a weird flex on your part. Are you getting bullied in your own life?

Ha, no one is ok "the day after". Have you seen the state of the rest of the board? 🤣

It's not a flex, because there is nothing to be proud or happy about. I'll never brag about knowing the team is soft and unmotivated. The Bills, once again, came out flat against a team that was far more amped up. And they got stomped and "bullied" up and down the field. Just as unfortunately expected.

I dont know what happened over the Bye, but this team lost its fire, especially on Offense. We had the fight brought to us for 3/4 of the season instead of bringing a fight to anyone.

But that season is over now. We get another chance to find a fire again next year.

I'm sure some "mean clapping" will get it done. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

the team and the coaches took jan 2nd off because of the damar hamlin injury and will be going to back to work right around the start of mini camps.

not practicing, players wanting nap time and a safe space, guys out of position, low energy.  diggs and milano are right to be disgusted.

i totally over rated this team.  at our best we probably weren't gonna be good enough, but coming in TAKING DAYS OFF and moping is such a horrible spot on the coaches im surprised the national media aren't running with it.

1 minute ago, colin said:

the team and the coaches took jan 2nd off because of the damar hamlin injury and will be going to back to work right around the start of mini camps.

not practicing, players wanting nap time and a safe space, guys out of position, low energy.  diggs and milano are right to be disgusted.

i totally over rated this team.  at our best we probably weren't gonna be good enough, but coming in TAKING DAYS OFF and moping is such a horrible spot on the coaches im surprised the national media aren't running with it.

It's disgraceful really.  I came up for the game Sat night, spoke to some friends and family..   Mentioned how i didn't feel any juice from the team this past week and hoped the players are as fired up as the fans are.  It was weird.  I didn't feel it. The few clips i saw were a few players goofing around at practice with some music on in the background.   It just baffles me about they don't realize how rare these moments are to be in position to win a Super Bowl.  Win a damn home game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

It's disgraceful really.  I came up for the game Sat night, spoke to some friends and family..   Mentioned how i didn't feel any juice from the team this past week and hoped the players are as fired up as the fans are.  It was weird.  I didn't feel it. The few clips i saw were a few players goofing around at practice with some music on in the background.   It just baffles me about they don't realize how rare these moments are to be in position to win a Super Bowl.  Win a damn home game.

this team has quite on clappy every year, it's just a question of when, and for how long.  

this year it was the latest in the year we've had a quit, but it was also for the longest and at the worst possible time.  NE they beat on emotion and hines, miami they beat because of skylar, cinci won the game about an hour and a half before kick off.  skipping the practice the day before is a white flag and it showed.

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not a flex, because there is nothing to be proud or happy about. I'll never brag about knowing the team is soft and unmotivated.

Right....but that's exactly what you tried to do....

I guess that's why they say "never say never"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.