Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The bigger question is will Hyde play, at all.

Getting him out there and starting the 21 day window is logical, but it doesn't mean he will play.

Right.  While I think it's awesome he's made this kind of recovery, people need to pump the breaks a bit and realize this doesn't mean he will play for us in the playoffs.  To go through what he's gone through and come back in the same season maybe unprecedented.  Even if he is able to play, how effective would he be?  We definitely need to temper expectations.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

If we make the AFC championship I'd love to potentially get hyde back, don't think I want to see him out there before that though. Give him 2 weeks of practice to see how he is feeling and try and get his body in football shape.

2 weeks of practice will allow him to play vs Cinci.  

we need him vs that team imo.  Burrow, Chase, Higgin, Boyd vs Marlowe = 😢 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BrooklynBills said:

Do we know exactly what surgery Hyde had performed?

ACDF? Or was it the disc replacement?

I haven’t seen a report that definitively says which procedure he had, but all those reports said his recovery period would be 6-9 months which is the prescribed recovery period for ACDF so it was easy to draw the conclusion that he had the fusion surgery. He is already at the prescribed recovery period for the ADR, so I have to think that’s what he had.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Right.  While I think it's awesome he's made this kind of recovery, people need to pump the breaks a bit and realize this doesn't mean he will play for us in the playoffs.  To go through what he's gone through and come back in the same season maybe unprecedented.  Even if he is able to play, how effective would he be?  We definitely need to temper expectations.

Why's that?  What's wrong with some fans on a message board expecting Hyde to play at some point this year?

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Bigvinny said:

Feel bad for Mckenzie. Crowder and Beasley can catch the ball.

They all have their roles, and different advantages vs. specific defenses.

Why is it all or nothing with most of you? (and on the internet in general)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If you understand what kind of problem he's coming back from you already know why.

So?  What's wrong with people here hoping he plays?  Do you think it will influence his or the Bills' decision? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.