Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I do not care even if we have to give up a 1st rounder to land Hopkins.

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m just thinking of it from a logical point of view.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You mean that shiny Super Bowl Ring he has and the fact the Chiefs wanted to keep him but he wanted a new challenge to go play for the Ravens and then got hurt that guy? Mikes GIF by Webshop Mike's

I can only imagine all the players and coaches that most people have never heard of before that have a super bowl ring.

Wanted a new challenge?  You mean he didn't want to be the 4th wr on the team.

Congrats to him for riding others to a ring.  Until you said it, it didn't even occur to me.  That's how little he mattered to the team success.

Edited by The Wiz

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Trade for him and Derrick Henry.

Winning the Superbowl is all that matters.

Cant sacrifice the present for the future.

Always contending but never winning is pointless.

As much as I would love this, I don’t think it’s possible to do both financially. Even if you restructured everyone and or traded away pieces like Oliver to free up cash. If Beane can just land Hopkins, I would be more than excited. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

As much as I would love this, I don’t think it’s possible to do both financially. Even if you restructured everyone and or traded away pieces like Oliver to free up cash. If Beane can just land Hopkins, I would be more than excited. 

the saints do it , we can do it

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

:lol::lol::lol:

It’s not that I would want to give up a 1st round for Hopkins, but if we were in a bidding war with KC for Hopkins and that is what it took to keep him off their roster, I’d do it. Hopkins on our team is a super bowl, and nobody is going to complain what we had to do to get Hopkins if we win a super bowl. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

the saints do it , we can do it

I’m not saying no to do it, but I just don’t know what is physically feasible. 

I’d have to imagine the Pegula’s are basically telling Beane to do whatever it takes to win a super bowl, especially given Kim’s health status. She likely wants to see this franchise and city win a super bowl while she is still living. I know I would if I was the owner with sufficient cash and I knew my health was not the greatest. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not that I would want to give up a 1st round for Hopkins, but if we were in a bidding war with KC for Hopkins and that is what it took to keep him off their roster, I’d do it. Hopkins on our team is a super bowl, and nobody is going to complain what we had to do to get Hopkins if we win a super bowl. 

we gave up a first for Diggs, who is similar age, and no one batted an eye about that and Hopkins is a better WR.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

we gave up a first for Diggs, who is similar age, and no one batted an eye about that and Hopkins is a better WR.

Yep, for me it’s about winning. Do what it takes. Whatever it takes. The Pegula’s have been more than willing so far to basically write massive checks. I’d be more surprised if the Bills didn’t land a WR or Hopkins caliber given where we are at during this point. Now is the time you want to make moves like this, when you are only a piece away. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I was the other 50%

Lol and we were right until an injury derailed things. Just like I was right about Woolen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Yep, for me it’s about winning. Do what it takes. Whatever it takes. The Pegula’s have been more than willing so far to basically write massive checks. I’d be more surprised if the Bills didn’t land a WR or Hopkins caliber given where we are at during this point. Now is the time you want to make moves like this, when you are only a piece away. 

Hopkins would put us over the top, but hopefully we can resign our Dlineman and we 'll be all set. I think we can land another pass rusher and MLB in the draft.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopkins would put us over the top, but hopefully we can resign our Dlineman and we 'll be all set. I think we can land another pass rusher and MLB in the draft.

I was honestly getting fairly depressed over the last week given the lack of interest to make power moves to put us over the top against teams like KC/Cinci. That was until I legitimately started believing Hopkins was realistically obtainable. Now I’m sucked back into the vortex. This is the piece we need on offense to compete against the arms race. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I was honestly getting fairly depressed over the last week given the lack of interest to make power moves to put us over the top against teams like KC/Cinci. That was until I legitimately started believing Hopkins was realistically obtainable. Now I’m sucked back into the vortex. This is the piece we need on offense to compete against the arms race. 

absolutely, could imagine him and Henry on this team ( rubbing hands with diabolical laughter 😈😈 )

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol and we were right until an injury derailed things. Just like I was right about Woolen. 

I loved Woolen as well. His physical freakness was all I needed to be on board with him. And yes, 100% we were correct about Hall. He was shaping up to be the OROTY and possibly the league leader in rushing until the injury derailed him. For his sale, I hope he comes back and tears it up. For the Bills, I hope he never steps on the field again. I’m so torn. Lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I loved Woolen as well. His physical freakness was all I needed to be on board with him. And yes, 100% we were correct about Hall. He was shaping up to be the OROTY and possibly the league leader in rushing until the injury derailed him. For his sale, I hope he comes back and tears it up. For the Bills, I hope he never steps on the field again. I’m so torn. Lol

You’re so torn between Breece Hall and the Bills?  You Ok GIF by South Park

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

You’re so torn between Breece Hall and the Bills?  You Ok GIF by South Park

I’m torn because I was correct on him when everyone else was so against the idea. Of course I’m joking though, of course I would rather benefit the Bills but it’s not like I hate him like Travis Kelce, or Patrick Mahomes. So I would like him to recover from his injury. 

I was just going back and looking also, he likely wouldn’t have been the rushing leader. But he absolutely was in the conversation of OROTY. 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m torn because I was correct on him when everyone else was so against the idea. Of course I’m joking though, of course I would rather benefit the Bills but it’s not like I hate him like Travis Kelce, or Patrick Mahomes. So I would like him to recover from his injury. 

I was just going back and looking also, he likely wouldn’t have been the rushing leader. But he absolutely was in the conversation of OROTY. 

He was definitely on pace for a 1,000 yard season. Which you really can’t ask for much more being a rookie. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He was definitely on pace for a 1,000 yard season. Which you really can’t ask for much more being a rookie. 

Yeah. Just wasn’t going to lead the league in rushing though. I was wrong about how he started. His first few games were definitely worrisome. But he came on like gang busters after a few games. Started to pick up steam for sure. 

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

You were correct. And the Jets nailed that draft.

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

He looked great. I don’t remember anyone saying he wasn’t a very good/great back.  Just that he wasn’t worth taking in rd 1.  Especially when there were 2 backs very close in ability (Walker- and he was a a stud too).

The jets didn’t think he was worth a frost rd pick either.  They passed on him 3 times before pulling the trigger on the trade. as you know.  

I don’t think he proved that he was worthy of our first rd pick.  Elam made the biggest play of the game to help up win in KC and James cook average 5.7 ypc.  

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Just wasn’t going to lead the league in rushing though. I was wrong about how he started. His first few games were definitely worrisome. But he came on like gang busters after a few games. Started to pick up steam for sure. 

Who really knows though, he very well could have down the stretch. He was gaining more carries per game every game until his injury. Averaging nearly 1 TD a game and seeing some high usage in the air (which we already knew he was capable of). 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/rookie-running-backs-to-rush-for-more-than-1000-yards-in-rookie-season

He’s in great company, list correlates well to a decent career. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He looked great. I don’t remember anyone saying he wasn’t a very good/great back.  Just that he wasn’t worth taking in rd 1.  Especially when there were 2 backs very close in ability (Walker- and he was a a stud too).

The jets didn’t think he was worth a frost rd pick either.  They passed on him 3 times before pulling the trigger on the trade. as you know.  

I don’t think he proved that he was worthy of our first rd pick.  Elam made the biggest play of the game to help up win in KC and James cook average 5.7 ypc.  

I think the argument if he would have been worth it would have been put to bed had he not been injured and continued as he was performing through his first few games. But you will always find people that refuse to believe in a RB in the first round. 

hilariously, I am not all in on Robinson this year. I don’t see what makes him special. I get that everyone is saying he’s the best back to come out since Saquan. I just don’t see it when I watch him. I think there’s 2-3 backs that will end up being better from this years draft. But it also all depends on what teams pick them up and who they have to compete with. Chances are Robinson will go to a team that showcases him more than any other back this year. 

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think the argument if he would have been worth it would have been put to bed had he not been injured and continued as he was performing through his first few games. But you will always find people that refuse to believe in a RB in the first round. 

hilariously, I am not all in on Robinson this year. I don’t see what makes him special. I get that everyone is saying he’s the best back to come out since Saquan. I just don’t see it when I watch him. I think there’s 2-3 backs that will end up being better from this years draft. But it also all depends on what teams pick them up and who they have to compete with. Chances are Robinson will go to a team that showcases him more than any other back this year. 

I hear ya.  

I like robinsons agility for a dude that big.  Great explosion and maximizes yards. 

I think Gibbs could be a top 3-5 back in the league depending on where he ends up.  He’s really impressive to me. Haven’t really dig in and watched many this year.  Now that we have Harris, I don’t think we’d go RB before rd 6.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  

I like robinsons agility for a dude that big.  Great explosion and maximizes yards. 

I think Gibbs could be a top 3-5 back in the league depending on where he ends up.  He’s really impressive to me. Haven’t really dig in and watched many this year.  Now that we have Harris, I don’t think we’d go RB before rd 6.  

I think we could go as early as the 4th rd if certain guys are there. Tho I don’t expect it. If you could get Kendre Miller in the 4th or 5th or Rochon Johnson in the 5th or 6th I’d say do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think we could go as early as the 4th rd if certain guys are there. Tho I don’t expect it. If you could get Kendre Miller in the 4th or 5th or Rochon Johnson in the 5th or 6th I’d say do it. 

I’d be happy with Johnson. Haven’t watched much Miller yet.  

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

1000 yd season is under 60 yards a game. That shouldn't be a big deal anymore

1 hour ago, nucci said:

1000 yd season is under 60 yards a game. That shouldn't be a big deal anymore

1000 yard seasons were the measuring stick when they played 14 games...then it went to 16 and it stayed the same, now 17 where it's almost meaningless.

20 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I just want to know why I just wasted my time reading about RBs on a Hopkins thread

Because if you liked someone going into the draft, and they have a good first year…it means you’re ***** awesome. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Am I the one that reads these rumor topics and skips all the comments? I only read the embedded tweets that people share from twitter 

You should embed a tweet so people mostly looking for that (like me) don’t miss your question (like I almost did). 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Am I the one that reads these rumor topics and skips all the comments? I only read the embedded tweets that people share from twitter 

Pretty much and just the GIF reactions 

idc what posters like Bills!Win! Or BarleyNY say 

• Haha (+1) 1