Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Gave Davis is not included in the trade for Hopkins, the move next is to trade him.  Look at what the Jets just got from Cleveland for Moore.  We should be able to get a good pick back for Davis.  

QB Allen

RB Harris

RB Cook

TE Knox

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Hopkins

WR3 Sherfield

Slot Shakir

WR4 Harty

I mean that would potentially be the best offense in the NFL heading into the draft.  Focus on finding more OL upgrades and an Edmunds replacement in this draft.  

to zona gabe , Dane and fourth 

to bills hop and a third plus we swap seconds 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Gave Davis is not included in the trade for Hopkins, the move next is to trade him.  Look at what the Jets just got from Cleveland for Moore.  We should be able to get a good pick back for Davis.  

Except Elijah Moore had two years left on his deal. Gabe only has one. And even Moore with his two years wasn't much of a return. They got a 2nd in exchange for Moore and a 3rd.

The return for Gabe wouldn't be worth not having him as the first outside WR off the bench when Diggs and Hopkins each need a breather or either get banged up.

One of the things that killed us last season was a lack of depth at WR, specifically on the outside.

If we were to get the deal done - we'd have Diggs, Hopkins, Davis, Harty, Sherfield, and Shakir as our 6 guys. We'd finally have depth at the position and coverage if someone were to get nicked up. And let's face it, odds are someone will.

Would be nice to not be turning to someone like Jake Kumerow as first outside guy off the bench, bringing people up from Practice Squads, or having to bring in the John Brown's and Cole Beasley's of the world - like we did last season.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

to zona gabe , Dane and fourth 

to bills hop and a third plus we swap seconds 

So let me get this straight -

Arizona gets:

Gabe Davis (on a one year deal)

Dane Jackson (on a one year deal)

Round 2 - Pick 59

Round 4 - Pick 130

Buffalo gets:

DeAndre Hopkins (on a 2 year deal)

Round 2 - Pick 34

Round 3 - Pick 66

... why exactly would Arizona do that?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

49 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Except Elijah Moore had two years left on his deal. Gabe only has one. And even Moore with his two years wasn't much of a return. They got a 2nd in exchange for Moore and a 3rd.

The return for Gabe wouldn't be worth not having him as the first outside WR off the bench when Diggs and Hopkins each need a breather or either get banged up.

One of the things that killed us last season was a lack of depth at WR, specifically on the outside.

If we were to get the deal done - we'd have Diggs, Hopkins, Davis, Harty, Sherfield, and Shakir as our 6 guys. We'd finally have depth at the position and coverage if someone were to get nicked up. And let's face it, odds are someone will.

Would be nice to not be turning to someone like Jake Kumerow as first outside guy off the bench, bringing people up from Practice Squads, or having to bring in the John Brown's and Cole Beasley's of the world - like we did last season.

So let me get this straight -

Arizona gets:

Round 2 - Pick 59

Round 4 - Pick 130

Buffalo gets:

Round 2 - Pick 34

Round 3 - Pick 66

... why exactly would Arizona do that?

Let me correct this:

Arizona gets:

Round 2 - Pick 59

Round 4 - Pick 130

Buffalo gets:

Round 2 - Pick 34

Round 3 - Pick 66

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would prefer to trade Ed over Gabe

Spikes, I agree.  Have could still help as WR3.  Oliver has shown enough to be worth a trade to AZ, and possibly a day 3 pick.

The problem is how much cap will AZ absorb, and what will Hopkins renegotiate to be on a

championship level team,

amd understand he’s 31.  There can be dummy years, but we need at least two years maybe three, and then let him walk.

Imagine Diggs, Hopkins, and Davis all on the field.  Wow!

Add Cook and Hines at times as pass catching RB’s and we draft a TE high as this is a deep TE class.  Take that KC and Cincy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Spikes, I agree.  Have could still help as WR3.  Oliver has shown enough to be worth a trade to AZ, and possibly a day 3 pick.

The problem is how much cap will AZ absorb, and what will Hopkins renegotiate to be on a

championship level team,

amd understand he’s 31.  There can be dummy years, but we need at least two years maybe three, and then let him walk.

Imagine Diggs, Hopkins, and Davis all on the field.  Wow!

Add Cook and Hines at times as pass catching RB’s and we draft a TE high as this is a deep TE class.  Take that KC and Cincy.

There could be multiple games where Diggs, Hopkins and Davis each have 100 yards receiving. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean that would potentially be the best offense in the NFL heading into the draft.  Focus on finding more OL upgrades and an Edmunds replacement in this draft.  

As a lifelong Bills fan, the best offense in the NFL today has to include (1) Andy Reid (2) Kelce, and (3) Mahomes, they are the new Brady/Gronk.  Until you can matchup with that trio you're not the best. Reid's play design and play calling is on a whole other level than the rest of the league.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Let me correct this:

Arizona gets:

Round 2 - Pick 59

Round 4 - Pick 130

Buffalo gets:

Round 2 - Pick 34

Round 3 - Pick 66

You are way overvaluing at 30+ year old receiver who was just busted for PEDs…unless you’re a cardinals fan 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Why do fans get all worked up over rumors online when the GM is on recent record literally stating they have no money?

Not happening, move on with your lives.

I can't even pay for the newspaper 

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it’s not exactly a “rumor” and the GM did not say that

Hahaha, what?!  It's the definition of a rumor.

Brandon Beane explains why the Bills haven't made any big money signings (yahoo.com)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Why do fans get all worked up over rumors online when the GM is on recent record literally stating they have no money?

Not happening, move on with your lives.

Well Hopkins is a trade not a signing. So technically the Cardinals can offer to pick up most of his salary. Just depends on what we offer and how much the Cardinals are willing to pick up