Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

I'll get behind this if we do it (for a reasonable price), but am I the only thinking he's not ideal?

He's gonna be 31 this season. So what... we get 2 possibly good years out of him and pay him a boatload of cash?

And I'm sure it's been talked about, but how's Diggs handling this?

I think it would work out if we got him and we'd immediately have the best WR corps in the NFL, but it just doesn't match the whole team building mantra McBeane have pushed.

I'd prefer trading for Jerry Jeudy or trading up for JSN if we're trading anything away.

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

Hopkins

Davis
Harty > McKenzie & Brown

Sherfield > Crowder & Kumerow

Shakir

In this scenario going into the draft, I’d consider offering Gabe Davis + #27 to move up for JSN.  He can make an immediate impact…while learning from Diggs and Hop

If not, Davis is a very good WR 3 and seemed to be most effective when rotating in and seeing time in the slot

Harty and Sherfield have proved nothing and Gabe Davis has no value to move up in first round. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Harty and Sherfield have proved nothing and Gabe Davis has no value to move up in first round. 

They had to spend a fourth last year to move up 2 spots ..25 to 23…

Davis with one year left on his rookie deal ain’t moving the needle much..

Even though there’s less than a zero percent chance the Bills trade for Hopkins here’s my thoughts on how Diggs, Hopkins, Davis would be utilized.

I don’t think Davis’ role will change much at all. Diggs and Hopkins can operate out of the slot as good as anyone in the league. You might see Diggs become what Cole Beasley was but better.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Even though there’s less than a zero percent chance the Bills trade for Hopkins here’s my thoughts on how Diggs, Hopkins, Davis would be utilized.

I don’t think Davis’ role will change much at all. Diggs and Hopkins can operate out of the slot as good as anyone in the league. You might see Diggs become what Cole Beasley was but better.

This is a really unique take. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There's zero chance Diggs is moving to the slot full time. Maybe a play here or there he'd move inside with Hopkins and Davis on the outside. But it would be Diggs on one side, Hopkins on the other, and Harty in the slot. Davis would sub in and out for Hopkins and Diggs on the outside, keeping all 3 fresh. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I do agree that Diggs is great in the slot.

I don’t understand why our offense didn’t look like it did week 1 in LA all year.

the quick passing game with slants was great

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There's zero chance Diggs is moving to the slot full time. Maybe a play here or there he'd move inside with Hopkins and Davis on the outside. But it would be Diggs on one side, Hopkins on the other, and Harty in the slot. Davis would sub in and out for Hopkins and Diggs on the outside, keeping both fresh.

all of those players can play both positions and be moved around to keep defenses guessing and create mismatches

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don’t understand why our offense didn’t look like it did week 1 in LA all year.

They’d both move around but Diggs and Hopkins can both be lethal in the slot. And we already know Allen can pick apart defenses with a capable slot. Diggs would catch 130 balls in the slot. Automatic. 

The Bills went into last year wanting a veteran slot. Crowder was injured all year and Beane used that as an excuse for why McKenzie played so much. It wasn’t the plan.

I can’t see the plan being Harty, Shakir, and Sherfield. So I do see them adding a veteran slot WR, or maybe the plan is Diggs and add a premium WR that can play outside/inside.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

For anyone who cares, Hopkins Orange Juice IG story is gone already too.. which likely means he puts his posts on a timer and didn’t “delete” the Buffalo Soldier

I hope you got screen shots.  I really didn't picture him as an orange juice guy.  Free agency is wild.

• Haha (+1) 1

If Gave Davis is not included in the trade for Hopkins, the move next is to trade him.  Look at what the Jets just got from Cleveland for Moore.  We should be able to get a good pick back for Davis.  

QB Allen

RB Harris

RB Cook

TE Knox

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Hopkins

WR3 Sherfield

Slot Shakir

WR4 Harty

I mean that would potentially be the best offense in the NFL heading into the draft.  Focus on finding more OL upgrades and an Edmunds replacement in this draft.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Practice would be fun.

A990AC25-C657-48B3-AA43-79C562D62E85.webp

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

If Gave Davis is not included in the trade for Hopkins, the move next is to trade him.  Look at what the Jets just got from Cleveland for Moore.  We should be able to get a good pick back for Davis.  

QB Allen

RB Harris

RB Cook

TE Knox

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Hopkins

WR3 Sherfield

Slot Shakir

WR4 Harty

I mean that would potentially be the best offense in the NFL heading into the draft.  Focus on finding more OL upgrades and an Edmunds replacement in this draft.  

I thought we wanted more WRs? 

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

all of those players can play both positions and be moved around to keep defenses guessing and create mismatches

Diggs can be utilized in the slot, but he's not moving to the slot full time. The post I was referring to said he didn't see Davis' role changing much and Diggs would be moved inside.

That would never happen. Occasional packages, sure. But we're not putting him in the middle of the field to get hit by Linebackers on the regular. Nor would Diggs be open to being just a slot guy.