Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

With Edmunds, Oliver, Epenesa, and Basham not exactly panning out the Bills will be able to go all-in this year and next because there’s no more internal players getting big extensions until maybe Rousseau then Elam in 3-4 years. 

I really hope this happens 

That's the silver lining. Moi, aussi.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

We can't let the Chiefs get him. I think Beane knows that

It's a massive swing for either team. I don't think they want us near him either. You can't cover Diggs and a healthy Hopkins at the same time. Not possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They have 5M in cap space.  

Who are they trading or restructuring?  They just did Mahomes a week or two ago. 

If they want, they can make it happen.  People who think the cap will prevent this haven't been paying attention.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

It's a massive swing for either team. I don't think they want us near him either. You can't cover Diggs and a healthy Hopkins at the same time. Not possible. 

If he goes to BUF or KC, one of us immediately becomes the scariest Offense in the NFL, but if he goes to KC.. it’s the thing of nightmares.   Elite IOL, elite OT, Hopkins and Kelce, with MVS to stretch the field, a RD2 pick in Sky Moore and whatever they intend on doing with Kadarius Toney. 

At least, with BUF, teams can hope we don’t address OL any further.. Bates/Brown don’t get better.. and the right side of our line can be collapsed.  That Chiefs team would have zero (on paper) offensive weaknesses. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm waiting for the eventual bills trade for Metcalf or something along those lines.

Beane always sends out smoke signals and then pulls a rope-a-dope.

Maybe a 3 year extension for Jake Kumerow,  I would be surprised  😮 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If he goes to BUF or KC, one of us immediately becomes the scariest Offense in the NFL, but if he goes to KC.. it’s the thing of nightmares.   Elite IOL, elite OT, Hopkins and Kelce, with MVS to stretch the field, a RD2 pick in Sky Moore and whatever they intend on doing with Kadarius Toney. 

At least, with BUF, teams can hope we don’t address OL any further.. Bates/Brown don’t get better.. and the right side of our line can be collapsed.  That Chiefs team would have zero (on paper) offensive weaknesses. 

If the chiefs have an elite OT than so do we. 20M a year doesn’t equal elite.  

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Not sure how I feel about this. It might get us over the hump but I don't want to be the Rams down the road.

We won’t.  Beane isn’t trading away all our picks and our QB isn’t falling apart. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

100% agree

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Just get that ONE and worry about the rest later

exactly. how bad could a rebuild be with josh allen? win a sb, and 2 years later have to go 9-8? fine, still a fun year

worst case we keep josh, make sure we have a solid line in front of him, and skill players come and go. id rather be stacked obv, but our floor is better than our old ceiling

PUSH THE CHIPS IN

15 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Pacman Jones said on McAfee this afternoon that the Falcons, Bills, Patriots, Ravens, Raiders and the Bills are the frontrunners. I dunno what his relationship is with Nuke, but he went out of his way to say that. 

so nearly a quarter of the league are front runners? Insightful.

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

exactly. how bad could a rebuild be with josh allen? win a sb, and 2 years later have to go 9-8? fine, still a fun year

worst case we keep josh, make sure we have a solid line in front of him, and skill players come and go. id rather be stacked obv, but our floor is better than our old ceiling

PUSH THE CHIPS IN

also rebuilds can be VERY quick.  Aw shucks, a wild card year mixed into his career somewhere? And then back to contending if we don’t blow the draft?

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

so nearly a quarter of the league are front runners? Insightful.

also rebuilds can be VERY quick.  Aw shucks, a wild card year mixed into his career somewhere? And then back to contending if we don’t blow the draft?

he meant the bills are front runners 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is too much scare tactics for me. Good Oline, not elite, and who is their elite tackle?? MVS couldn’t do anything with Rodgers, didn’t do anything of major significance with KC this past year (cool he scored a couple of td in the playoffs), maybe Moore turns into something, but Toney doesn’t concern me.

there’s a lot of big ifs in your statement. Obviously they will be good offensively, but that’s a lot of hyperbole you’re putting out there 

42 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

With Edmunds, Oliver, Epenesa, and Basham not exactly panning out the Bills will be able to go all-in this year and next because there’s no more internal players getting big extensions until maybe Rousseau then Elam in 3-4 years. 

I really hope this happens 

When you think about this kind of move from the standpoint of Beane and McDermott, a two year push makes a ton of sense. Two more seasons with the same results as this one probably means the end of their tenure anyway. That would make it eight seasons for them in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I find it interesting that there hasn't been a refute report. Often times when something gains some traction in the media that gets fans hyped up, we'll see one of our beat reporters say that the team has confirmed to them nothing is happening. I've been kind of waiting for that report to drop. But it hasn't.