OT…Just for fun CBS has the Bills projected to take Dalton Kincaid

78thealltimegreat

I know with the playoff stuff and all there will be plenty of time to get into 
Miami. But being some of the other threads where posting about draft order I figured I’d take a gander at the Bills pick. 
CBS has the Bills taking UTAH TE Dalton Kincaid. I don’t know if many have seen him play being on the west coast but I recommend you YouTube his game against USC. Man you put him with Dawson in two TE sets. I don’t know how you defend it. 
At a minimum it is nice to see the mocks realize Josh needs another receiving threat. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know with the playoff stuff and all there will be plenty of time to get into 
Miami. But being some of the other threads where posting about draft order I figured I’d take a gander at the Bills pick. 
CBS has the Bills taking UTAH TE Dalton Kincaid. I don’t know if many have seen him play being on the west coast but I recommend you YouTube his game against USC. Man you put him with Dawson in two TE sets. I don’t know how you defend it. 
At a minimum it is nice to see the mocks realize Josh needs another receiving threat. 

There are dozens of mock draft sites........all with people who put a lot of effort into it..........you could start a thread every day about a new first round mock that was posted.    Literally.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are dozens of mock draft sites........all with people who put a lot of effort into it..........you could start a thread every day about a new first round mock that was posted.    Literally.  

What if they were all just for fun though?

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I would be very surprised if they do not go for the secondary with their early round picks, assuming there are good players available at CB or S.

Yep. After banging the table all year for us to go Center/OG, maybe even back to back... with the current state I now expect Beane to take a Safety in the 1st round. Total bummer.

24 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I would be very surprised if they do not go for the secondary with their early round picks, assuming there are good players available at CB or S.

You’re definitely on to something. If you don’t address the secondary in both FA and the draft , we’ll have the same problem next year.

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

who cares. It will always be a fun conversation to be had.

• Agree 2

The Bills may get both Hyde and Hamlin back next year. Poyer may be back because of the unknowns for the other two. They really need to get two new interior linemen, at least. Morse is really good, but his injury history is worrisome for both the team and him. Plus, the guards are meh. I’d be okay with DB and WR free agents and draft two interior linemen in the first three rounds. Add a wideout or TE in there, too.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

2 of our first three picks must be OL.

They've done so well picking them so far. 😂

I agree though, we need at least one interior lineman coming in. I'd like another outside WR, a coverage safety (or corner if the plan is to move Benford or White, or even Taron Johnson if we get a slot corner instead), a TE that can block in a serious way so we don't need to run Bobby Hart out there as a TE.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So long as they put on the back burner behind WR and OL… none of those defensive picks matter. The success of Josh Allen and sustaining his longevity do. 

Understood, in whatever order those 3 positions must be addressed. Don’t diminish those defensive positions. The only thing that can stop us this year is giving up easy chunk plays like the Bengals laid on us Monday night. We have a quality D-line, LBs and bad depth in the secondary. A couple of key additions and we could have defensive domination against KC and Cinn.That how the Patriots did it for 2 decades.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve tried the “defensive domination” strategy the last couple off seasons. Not sustainable considering one injury seems to bring them down a considerable notch. 

It is going to be interesting to see considering this is a defensive oriented regime, but the whole off-season should consist of stacking the offense and coaching up late round defensive picks/bargain/gem defensive FAs. 

How do you figure  the defensive domination strategy didn’t work? Despite whiffing on Elam, and not adequately replacing Wallace, we were a top 5 defense in pts allowed and yardage. We were 13 and 3, which equaled the best record in the NFL and in  2 of our losses, the offense didn’t show up and had critical turnovers.The point I’m making is without better depth in the secondary we can’t defend KC or Cinn. If you want to depend on winning shootouts with these teams for the next 7 or 8 years fasten your seatbelt. When Brady was winning SBs , Gilmore, Ty Law, McCourty, Malloy we’re dominating the best teams. We can win a lot of games with decent depth, but to finally win it all, that area is our weakness. That’s why, without VM and our secondary, we won’t be favored against KC.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Some people don’t believe in fun….. at least not on here😜

Yeah I'm not pointing out how random the post is...........I just don't want to have fun!

If people don't want the existing draft threads to be long because they think their just-for-fun hot takes are too valuable for such an indignity............we should just start a daily draft thread to prevent the LAMP'ers from sharing their randomness.

I suggest OP change title to Draft prep countdown day 108(focus Dalton Kincaid.....no relation to Ruben)

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve been a top regular season defense that past 3 years… and then been absolutely annihilated in the playoffs… I question the strategy and I’m more than happy to oblige in a shoot out with the likes of Burrow and Mahomes with Josh Allen with an even better group of receivers and line play…. Your talking about the early 2000 Patriots. The games changed brother.

I guess you forgot about the 2017, 2019 Patriots who beat the Rams 13to 3. I don’t think arguing with you about which is more important O-line, receiver or secondary positions is a worthy endeavor. Let’s see how we do. If we beat Cinn and KC with our roster , I’ll adjust  my priorities.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I'm not pointing out how random the post is...........I just don't want to have fun!

If people don't want the existing draft threads to be long because they think their just-for-fun hot takes are too valuable for such an indignity............we should just start a daily draft thread to prevent the LAMP'ers from sharing their randomness.

I suggest OP change title to Draft prep countdown day 108(focus Dalton Kincaid.....no relation to Ruben)

I suggest If you don't like this thread than go enjoy another one. Not everyone likes talking about this so soon. MANY of us do. 

giphy.gif

not a fan of this pick, I’d 

go WR or RB.  Cbs one I saw had us taking a slot WR and passing on perhaps the best DT (Ika) and RB available (Robinson).  I like Robinson or trading back and getting more WR’s in the second.  

Edited by RyanC883

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. Our first 3 picks must be WR/OL. In whatever order you want. If we pick another defensive player in the 1st, we will be sending a big message of F U to Josh.

It will really start to feel like the Aaron Rodgers situation in which GB refused to get him the help he needs

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.