Chris Simms says whoever Tre is covering will be open

Einstein

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m hoping we mix in some 3-2-6 looks this game- only rushing 3.  There were some stats posted showing burrow is among the worst vs 3 man rushes and has among the most attempts.  It would be great if Rousseau could have his nationally televised coming out party and singlehandedly wreck the bengals pass protection.  

Now that would be something

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

2 good DT's and stout LB's.

It's really the secondary that we should be able to exploit.  Especially since their pass rush is banged up too.

Buffalo has been able to run on everyone, they're the only team to top 100 in every game. Chris also made it seem like Josh wasn't going to be able to run either. So Cincy is going to do something no other team has been able to do, including some much better defenses. Just for context we have faced the #2, #3, #5, 6, #8, 9, #10x2 & #11x2 ranked rush defenses this year. That's 10 games against top 11 rush defenses. To use Chris Simms words........The Bills won't be able to run on Cincy, I don't buy that for a minute.

Alot people think our defense gets gashed in the run game and that our offense can't run the ball. They believe Cincy has the advantage over us in both areas, but Cincy has given up more rushing yards and rushed for a ton less than we have. We have rushed for ~650 more yards this season.

18 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

and Josh is gonna run for 75 yds and 1 TD

watched the basement segment with Kyle and Josh. They talk for a minute about this being Logan and his first battle, kyle asks are you going to hurdle him, of course Josh goes nah logan is too good of a tackler and gives him a ton of praise. then just a huge grin. Watched Logans interview on the web earlier, these 2 guys cant wait to battle each other and i cant wait to watch. You can also tell the love they have for each other in their respective interviews. man im excited. jersey exchange incoming. Logan says he has to bring a second for tanner too. this is just cool to see these 2 play in such a huge game for both teams.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a bit of a misquote. Simms was actually praising our defense, McDermott and Frazier in particular, for running an excellent zone scheme that might be one of the few in the league that can matchup well against the Bengals offense. He said the Bengals offensive scheme is simple enough for our coaches to have a good gameplan. Then he said that IF for some reason we decide to use man coverage he would think Tre White will not be able to keep up with his man because he still isn't 100%. All of this to me is obviously true. It's just that some Twitter accounts like to pull the most clickbait worthy quote they can out of the nuance.

• Thank you (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

why would he need motivation?  and why would this provide it?

you've been doing football analytics for over 60 years?

Sorry, I didn’t realize Phil is 2 yrs older. I’ve been watching since 1968 and I’m supremely confident I provide better critical analysis than Chris. He has his opinion and that’s fine. He’s sure that the Bills won’t be able to run against Cinncinatti’s front. Why, because NE couldn’t? We have our whole line healthy and Josh will run for 50 himself. 

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeh listening to him he doesn’t seem to think the Bills have much of a chance in this game.

No he thinks it will be a close game and lower scoring than what most people think. Today he predicted 23-21 Bengals with the Bengals getting a late field goal to win it. He called our zone defenses one of the best he's seen in recent years. He does not think we can run the ball on them or that anyone other than Diggs will be able to separate. His concern for the Bengals is their ability to contain Allen on scrambles. Nothing he said is outlandish.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Team shouldn't lack for bulletin board material.

We apparently...

-Can't guard their WR's, even with Tre

-Can't run on them

-Can't throw on them because Josh Allen is struggling

Anybody else want to chime in before Monday?

And our STs are another Achilles heel - allow big KO returns, blocked punts, muffed returns and missed FGs/PATs 

that should cover it 😄

6 hours ago, 97bills said:

Yea I saw this last night , and simms rarely talks down about Buffalo. But it is different from what we’re used to hearing about white. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say go after 27. Maybe he isn’t 💯 yet, or he never will be. I don’t no !!! But I do no one thing every CB will be tested in this game. This is we’re we need von , if our young guys can’t get there it might be a long game. I would love to see Ed destroy the middle. GO Bills 

I no you no what your noing about!

1 hour ago, Wyobills89 said:

watched the basement segment with Kyle and Josh. They talk for a minute about this being Logan and his first battle, kyle asks are you going to hurdle him, of course Josh goes nah logan is too good of a tackler and gives him a ton of praise. then just a huge grin. Watched Logans interview on the web earlier, these 2 guys cant wait to battle each other and i cant wait to watch. You can also tell the love they have for each other in their respective interviews. man im excited. jersey exchange incoming. Logan says he has to bring a second for tanner too. this is just cool to see these 2 play in such a huge game for both teams.

Kay Adams interviewed Logan a week or two ago and she asked him about the upcoming game vs the Bills. Logan expressed a fear, jokingly, about Josh hurdling him. It's on YouTube, search "Kay Adams Logan Wilson". It's worth the watch. Logan is such a humble kid.

• Like (+1) 1

31-24 Bills. Bengals try a quick drive in the 4th, but no bueno....cause Stone Cold said so. On another note, I believe with Cincy's big backs, they're only averaging 3. point something. We can run on them. Beasley and Shakir on screens with look, look ,here comes Cook we're gonna be able to open up Davis, and Diggs will be the game MVP. Don't forget Josh can run a little. This may be a close game but just everybody stop the turtle crap. Sack up! We gotta game to win!

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Team shouldn't lack for bulletin board material.

We apparently...

-Can't guard their WR's, even with Tre

-Can't run on them

-Can't throw on them because Josh Allen is struggling

Anybody else want to chime in before Monday?

Probably cant stop their run game either.

I agree with Simms about Tre.  Noticed it since he has been back, a little slower and not as quick on the turns.  Not really suprising though considering the injury.  I just hope he gets better every week and until he is back to normal, hope this is not the new normal Tre post injury.

This may be the best team we have faced all season. Chase is arguably the best receiver in the game. Higgins would be a #1 on most teams. Mixon is arguably a top 5 back. Obviously Burrow is right up there with Allen as an elite QB.

Yes, Miami has Hill & Waddle. Unfortunately they have Tua throwing him the ball. Quite different when Burrow is throwing to elite receivers.

Saying a guy coming off major surgery will struggle covering elite receivers isn't some earth shattering news. Most healthy, and elite, CB's would struggle against this group.

We can't afford to go down by ten points early and rely on Allen to play superman again. To win, this needs to be a team win. D, ST's, coaching, and offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

No he thinks it will be a close game and lower scoring than what most people think. Today he predicted 23-21 Bengals with the Bengals getting a late field goal to win it. He called our zone defenses one of the best he's seen in recent years. He does not think we can run the ball on them or that anyone other than Diggs will be able to separate. His concern for the Bengals is their ability to contain Allen on scrambles. Nothing he said is outlandish.

Which does make it sound like he thinks the Bengals a superior team and the Bills shouldn’t show up 

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Sorry, I didn’t realize Phil is 2 yrs older. I’ve been watching since 1968 and I’m supremely confident I provide better critical analysis than Chris. He has his opinion and that’s fine. He’s sure that the Bills won’t be able to run against Cinncinatti’s front. Why, because NE couldn’t? We have our whole line healthy and Josh will run for 50 himself. 

a healthy Bills Oline has been mediocre.

Josh averages 50 yards rushing so your analysis isn’t really going out on a limb to refute Simms

• Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This may be the best team we have faced all season. Chase is arguably the best receiver in the game. Higgins would be a #1 on most teams. Mixon is arguably a top 5 back. Obviously Burrow is right up there with Allen as an elite QB.

Yes, Miami has Hill & Waddle. Unfortunately they have Tua throwing him the ball. Quite different when Burrow is throwing to elite receivers.

Saying a guy coming off major surgery will struggle covering elite receivers isn't some earth shattering news. Most healthy, and elite, CB's would struggle against this group.

We can't afford to go down by ten points early and rely on Allen to play superman again. To win, this needs to be a team win. D, ST's, coaching, and offense. 

I keep hearing about how Burrow figures out defenses and then attacks. Well get up on them early, stuff the run and hope the Greg, Lawson and Olive oil can do something. I'm hoping Phillips is ready. D. Jones may get some.

The weather is another thing. The Bengals backs are big but I think are 3. something, no more. Hopefully 3rd and longs will give us a chance. I think Diggs takes this game over. He is due.

Devin and Cook, Bease and Shakir....Davis and Diggs. I like our chances with Dorsey getting his freak on. Hopefully,McFrazier doesn't have to wait till the ole halftime regroup to get their **** together....like all too often.

Edited by nosejob

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Josh averages 50 yards rushing so your analysis isn’t really going out on a limb to refute Simms

I don’t need to go out on a limb to explain the O-line’s improved performance when given the opportunity. Dorsey has started to balance the offense with his play calling. Last week is an example. Cook is effective when given the touches and Motor has 800 yd in a little over 200 carries. Factor in Josh’s yds and I could see them rushing for 120-150. These O-lineman can run block with the threat of Josh’s vertical pass attack. Once our RBs started getting the opportunity, there were running lanes.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I don’t need to go out on a limb to explain the O-line’s improved performance when given the opportunity. Dorsey has started to balance the offense with his play calling. Last week is an example. Cook is effective when given the touches and Motor has 800 yd in a little over 200 carries. Factor in Josh’s yds and I could see them rushing for 120-150. These O-lineman can run block with the threat of Josh’s vertical pass attack. Once our RBs started getting the opportunity, there were running lanes.

The cool thing is that we run block better than pass pro and that wears or gasses a Defense down, especially late. Hopefully we move the chains early, hit Diggs and Davis deep, then grind them through the 2nd half. Thurman said today they should bring back the draw play and I agree, and I'd also like to see the counter Tre to the outside. I think it's time for Brown to mow the lawn.

I trust Dorsey more than I trust Frazier. I like a coach who gets pissed.

Edited by nosejob
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Try hey aren’t playing the Bears D this weekend 

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Makes you wonder why they almost lost to a lousy patriots team last week are not blowing anybody out and lost of the teams like the Browns and the Steelers oh, and they don’t have wins over anymore than four teams above 500 this year

9 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Personally I’m shocked that he isn’t dominating in his first couple of weeks back from an ACL. Nah not really. This should provide Tre some excellent motivation. That’s good for the Bills.

No surprise at all.  That’s why I told people to calm down when they were upset he wasn’t playing yet.  It’s gonna be a minute before he’s back to himself, probably next season.  But he still manages to be in position and make a couple plays here and there along the way.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That Cinn. Defense looked like they were gagging up a big lead in the 4th qtr. against NE until that  clueless official didn’t whistle the play dead until the fumble,even after Stevenson got moved back 3 yds.. Is this the same defense that gave the low scoring Bucs a 20 pt lead in the 1st half before Brady decided to try and set the turnover record for one half of football. You should watch the Cinn. defense play instead of listening to Chris Simms. shortchange the Bills offense.

19 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

That Cinn. Defense looked like they were gagging up a big lead in the 4th qtr. against NE until that  clueless official didn’t whistle the play dead until the fumble,even after Stevenson got moved back 3 yds.. Is this the same defense that gave the low scoring Bucs a 20 pt lead in the 1st half before Brady decided to try and set the turnover record for one half of football. You should watch the Cinn. defense play instead of listening to Chris Simms. shortchange the Bills offense.

I have no idea what Simms said.  I wasn’t commenting on that. 

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Yea, but if you constantly post garbage, no body will click

I know I won't 

That’s the thing. Simms doesn’t post garbage. He defended Allen when no one else would. He defended the Bills when people were calling the 2020 team a fluke. He has been very pro-Buffalo.

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

he hasn’t been the absolute shutdown corner that he was from 2019 - Thanksgiving of 2021.

The Bears’ one long completion on Saturday was at his expense.  He turned around and found the ball nicely while it was in the air, then for some reason turned his head back towards the WR and became a spectator.   Not good.

I think he’s still rounding into form, but it’s good to see hin back out there despite some struggles.

This play, it was Elam’s man coming from the left all the way to right side of the field where Tre was playing. This was not Tre’s guy, hence why he tried making a play (and missed). He was being reactionary to a play that wasn’t his responsibility.

Ok, I watched the video and here are some other things Simms said:

• Bengals will not run well on the Bills either
  • The Bills zone D could give problems to Cinci and Burrow
  • Simms called McDermott and Frazier geniuses or something to that effect
  • Simms calls the Cinci pass offense "simple" and not in the best way
  • It could be low scoring; Simms doesn't know the line but would take the under
  • White, Simms says, is NOT 100% — this goes a long way to mitigating the outrage of some here

So this was not a dump on the Bills at all. Just some quotes without full context. Simms is likely still on for his next bromance get-together for tacos and beers with Josh (though he'll never get more than a hug at the end).

Relax, people. The media doesn't hate us as much as we think.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MJS said:

And why would the Bills not be able to run the ball against the Bengals?

because Bills run game is a mirage. Padded by QB freak of nature who can run like no other.

and padded stats vs three of the worst run D's in the league in Lions Browns Bears.

they probably will run for 250 now vs Bengals...lol......if Cook keeps cooking.

Edited by cba fan
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills have the 4th best rush defense in rush yards per game.....cinci is 7th...so maybe cinci won't be able to run on Buffalo 

2 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

The Bills front will dominate the Bengals O-line especially with Lael Collins out for the year. Judson and Uche pushed them around in their game last week in NE. They.will probably play mostly zone and try and limit the receivers to yardage between the 20s and hold them to FGs, It should be high scoring and Josh will find a way late.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.