"80 for Brady". is this a joke?

BidsJr

I find this hilarious for all of the reasons. I have so many questions. Starting with, “but why?”

Also, interesting that this is all based on Brady playing for NE. This was certainly filmed and released while he’s been the QB of the Bucs. 

There’s been some rumors in Boston sports that Brady is going to come back this offseason for one more go and retire at Patriot. I sort of thought that was dumb, but maybe….

One thing is clear; I don’t know anything. 

Four ladies take a life altering trip to watch Super Bowl LI, if I read the synopsis correctly.  I have no idea how much they interact with players.  As for 'why', Brady was jealous about Zach Wilson, but realized he had to preserve the age ratio of cub to cougar?  Damned if I know.

7 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno, Sally Field. Something disturbing and sad for these famous women. Find some grandkids to spend your final years with. 

"Just took my little blue pill, you ladies game"?

Geriatric Tom Brady.jpg

Edited by TAinLA
Spelling
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Brady is 6-8, not 8-0. Dude is losing games faster than a football deflates and deflating his legacy. 

Dude! He can’t hurt his legacy now! He won without BB and has most of the important records in the NFL.  All people are doing now is saying “Father Time has caught up with him” no one is doubting how great he was. A Bills fan sure shouldn’t, after all he has the second most wins in Buffalo after Josh Allen this century! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Laugh now, but he is coming to FOX to do commentary on games SOON!  So we all get to see his personality every Sunday in the Booth. 

I'm sure he's taking acting lessons during his off days. Personally I think he's about as authentic as Pamela Anderson's cleavage*

(*apologies for the dated reference, I can't think any modern women with famously fake breasts - maybe Caitlyn Jenner)

we can only hope their will be a spin-off comedy from the movie...where Gronk plays the goofy, neighbor who pops in and his NFL buddies stop by to provide guest-star cameos...thinking canned laughter, AFLAC and the bleeping as sponsor, along with AARP...I will leave it the cerebal giants on this portal of enlightenment to proicde the name of the series... 

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Dude! He can’t hurt his legacy now! He won without BB and has most of the important records in the NFL.  All people are doing now is saying “Father Time has caught up with him” no one is doubting how great he was. A Bills fan sure shouldn’t, after all he has the second most wins in Buffalo after Josh Allen this century! 

There is an argument to be made that his legacy would be better off ending on a high note aka John Elway, as opposed to playing until the wheels fall off and losing some of that shine.

The movie is kind of embarrassing though. I am not sure who green lighted this.

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

There is an argument to be made that his legacy would be better off ending on a high note aka John Elway, as opposed to playing until the wheels fall off and losing some of that shine.

The movie is kind of embarrassing though. I am not sure who green lighted this.

Isn’t that what most of the greats do? They play a year or two to long? I mean outside of Megatron and Barry Sanders who retired in their prime I can’t think of anyone else who did. Your example Elway, he didn’t win anything till he was fading and was carried to 2 championships by his RB. Peyton Manning won a SB with an arm that couldn’t complete a 20 yard pass.  My point is only people in Detroit retire in their prime the rest the wheels fall off lol.  

Also if Brady joined SF with that loaded O and D they will win the SB next year.. heck they could do it this year but think

inexperience at QB will stop

them

Edited by PatsFanNH

Brady made

16 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think BB’s legacy is more at stake than Brady playing to 50 for sure. BB is a sub .500 coach without Brady and whatever happened to the mythical “The Patriot Way”? The team is in shambles 3 seasons post TB12. 

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Isn’t that what most of the greats do? They play a year or two to long? I mean outside of Megatron and Barry Sanders who retired in their prime I can’t think of anyone else who did. Your example Elway, he didn’t win anything till he was fading and was carried to 2 championships by his RB. Peyton Manning won a SB with an arm that couldn’t complete a 20 yard pass.  My point is only people in Detroit retire in their prime the rest the wheels fall off lol.  

Also if Brady joined SF with that loaded O and D they will win the SB next year.. heck they could do it this year but think

inexperience at QB will stop

them

Jim Brown

Most people on the thread don’t know this, but this is based off a true story.   It’s actually a cute and true story of 4 elderly Patriot/Brady fans who went on that road trip for real in 2017.  I’m actually friends and work with the granddaughter of one of the original 4 women, of which the story is based on.  

As for the movie, I don’t know,  but definitely based on true story. 

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Brady made

I think BB’s legacy is more at stake than Brady playing to 50 for sure. BB is a sub .500 coach without Brady and whatever happened to the mythical “The Patriot Way”? The team is in shambles 3 seasons post TB12. 

The loss Sunday hurt BB a lot IMO. A win there and they have a decent chance of making the playoffs again.. so while the win total isn’t high saying you made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years after Brady sounds pretty good. I don’t think many coaches could say that after losing their HOF QB? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.