At this point last season, Bills were 7-6

Kaenon

Bills are now 10-3 this year, whereby those 3 losses were by a combined 8 points.

By contrast, when we were 7-6, 5 combined losses by a total of only 23 points and the 6th loss to Indy where we were blown out by 26. 

Bills went on to win 4 straight and march into the Playoffs as the AFCs hottest team.

This season, we've faced so much adversity between OC changes, riddled with injuries and season ending injuries and Josh's elbow that was clearly holding him back. 

Somehow despite all of that, we're sitting in a better spot this year to have the road through the Playoffs run through Buffalo - and to be that vaunted #1 seed and to get the coveted first-round bye.

4 games left. 🐬, 🐻, 🐯 and 📸.

The Bengals game will be telling.

I'm excited.

This is our year.

• Like (+1) 26
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Last year we went on to take a step back by losing in the divisional round of the playoffs. Last year kind of sucked. 

Come on, the Bills were a paper tiger in the playoffs two years ago they were legit by the time they were in the playoffs last year and if they had passed by the chiefs they would have been the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Come on, the Bills were a paper tiger in the playoffs two years ago they were legit by the time they were in the playoffs last year and if they had passed by the chiefs they would have been the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

We haven't played the Bengals with Joe Burrow yet... we have no idea how that will go, and if we do play them twice this season it could be problematic if our secondary continues to display concerning vulnerabilities.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

If and buts. Bills were more successful in 2020 than 2021. Simple indisputable face. 

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Last year at this time we were coming off the Tampa OT game, where our O came back to life & figured themselves out. I haven't seen that bounce back of the O yet. So, last year isn't comparable & doesn't make me feel better about the O this year.

To be fair, the Patriots and the Jets both have tough defenses and are divisional opponents... not exactly easy conditions for our offense to score a lot of points.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Imagine the Patriots defense and the Chiefs offense... that's what we will be facing on MNF. I wish I could share in your optimism...

Dorsey and Frazier are the antidotes.  But the reality is the Bengals are the defending AFC champions and have beaten the chiefs 3 times in a row.  They are a tough out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Patriots defense doesn't scare me. 

Neither does the Bengals defense, but they are still good, hence the comparison. Hendrickson being not at 100% helps.

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Dorsey and Frazier are the antidotes.  But the reality is the Bengals are the defending AFC champions and have beaten the chiefs 3 times in a row.  They are a tough out. 

That's why I said what I did... we have yet to face a hot Burrow at the end of the season and will go a long way in telling us what is what.

11 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The 'D' was gassed, in the final minutes, of the K.C. playoff game.

I still think that there is an aerobic conditioning issue, with the Bills.

Ok. That is one of the reasons the team took a step back. But 2021 was less successful than 2020. Simple indisputable fact. Not sure why this troubles people to accept. 

34 minutes ago, special-teams said:

I think the Bills will dominate the Bengals.

Agree, I just like how we match up against them. I’ll always insist we matchup well, even if we lose the regular season game. We can beat the Chiefs, and have done so in the regular season, but it’s a matchup I like much less than the Bengals. 

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We haven't played the Bengals with Joe Burrow yet... we have no idea how that will go, and if we do play them twice this season it could be problematic if our secondary continues to display concerning vulnerabilities.

i cant wait for the Bills bengals game. 1 to see how we match up. and 2 my 2 favorite players will face each other for the first time. Josh Allen vs Logan Wilson. heck yeah. but with that said Lets Go Buffalo!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

i cant wait for the Bills bengals game. 1 to see how we match up. and 2 my 2 favorite players will face each other for the first time. Josh Allen vs Logan Wilson. heck yeah. but with that said Lets Go Buffalo!

My neighbor is a Bengals fan and we talk every week about fantasy and what's going on in the league. We are both not looking forward to the game as one of us will lose, but we both are ready to topple the Chiefs and remove them from the playoffs.

We have never beaten them in the playoffs, and we need to exorcise that demon as well.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Patriots game was nice, as was th 2nd half of the Bucs game. But Our offense was not really humming to end the year besides that. The Carolina game was a bit of a slog for a good while because the OL was decimated. The Falcons game was ugly, we threw 3 picks in bad weather. The Jets game was also bad weather, and we were only up 13-10 on a bottom 3 team until like 10 minutes left in the game. 

None of that hinted at the explosion we saw in the next 2 games. 

The efficiency we saw in our last good weather game THIS season, at new england, was very encouraging. I think the team could have scored 38 points in that one if they needed to. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Last year we went on to take a step back by losing in the divisional round of the playoffs. Last year kind of sucked. 

But not because of the postseason. Last year sucked because of the regular season. The poor regular season lead directly to the postseason failure. The divisional round game was on the road against K.C. due to the fact that our regular season sucked finishing 10-7. It's why this year the Bills absolutely at a minimum have to get the 2 seed. That gives them a home divisional round game. And likely not against the chiefs. IF the Bills have to play the Chiefs home or away, let it be in the conference championship game and not any sooner.

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Ok. That is one of the reasons the team took a step back. But 2021 was less successful than 2020. Simple indisputable fact. Not sure why this troubles people to accept. 

I'd argue the 2021 postseason team was far and away better than the 2020 postseason team. I'd say that is an indisputable fact. What doomed the postseason was the seeding which was due to the inferior regular season compared to the 2020 regular season.

As of right now, the Bills are on pace to match or better their 2020 playoff seeding. If we can get the 2020 seeding with the 2021 post season team that was clicking this might end up being the year. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

If and buts. Bills were more successful in 2020 than 2021. Simple indisputable face. 

Yep. In 2020 I don't think they were on the same level as the Chiefs and were clearly beaten by the better team. In 2021 they were on the same level or better and just blew it.

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Because it was a step back in that we didn't make it to the AFCCG but as a team we stepped forward and we closed the gap between us and the Chiefs (and the Titans). Not sure what there is to accept?

34 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd argue the 2021 postseason team was far and away better than the 2020 postseason team. I'd say that is an indisputable fact. What doomed the postseason was the seeding which was due to the inferior regular season compared to the 2020 regular season.

As of right now, the Bills are on pace to match or better their 2020 playoff seeding. If we can get the 2020 seeding with the 2021 post season team that was clicking this might end up being the year. 

To be fair the Bengals dive in Week 18 moved us from 4th seed to 3rd seed. Had we been 4th seed, we would not have been able to play against the Chiefs until the AFCCG.

Edited by What a Tuel

4 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Not worried as long as Poyer & White are back there. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

because it is not true. In Reality Bills were not a better team than KC in 2020 but two times were the better team than KC in 2021. 

But lost due to coaches epically shatting the bed in the easiest win scenario in playoff history. Only loss harder to attain was the Nashville MCM.

5 hours ago, Kaenon said:

Bills are now 10-3 this year, whereby those 3 losses were by a combined 8 points.

By contrast, when we were 7-6, 5 combined losses by a total of only 23 points and the 6th loss to Indy where we were blown out by 26. 

Bills went on to win 4 straight and march into the Playoffs as the AFCs hottest team.

This season, we've faced so much adversity between OC changes, riddled with injuries and season ending injuries and Josh's elbow that was clearly holding him back. 

Somehow despite all of that, we're sitting in a better spot this year to have the road through the Playoffs run through Buffalo - and to be that vaunted #1 seed and to get the coveted first-round bye.

4 games left. 🐬, 🐻, 🐯 and 📸.

The Bengals game will be telling.

I'm excited.

This is our year.

Also could add that the schedule this season is tougher compared to last season 

8 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Last year at this time we were coming off the Tampa OT game, where our O came back to life & figured themselves out. I haven't seen that bounce back of the O yet. So, last year isn't comparable & doesn't make me feel better about the O this year.

Did the Bills really find their offence back that game against Tampa?

The only Game their offence was dominate after the Tampa game was against NE on Boxing Day. 

They put up some descent “points “ against Carolina, jets falcons etc, but they were all hard fought wins where their offence didn’t look great. 

Now they found their offence in the playoffs, that’s for sure 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

I love that Cole Beasley is back, he will be a positive influence on the offense for Josh to connect with.

Edited by TAinLA
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills are still one of the best offensive teams in the NFL. Last week, after struggling for most of the first half, the Bills offense finally figured it out and scored on four straight possessions against one of the better defenses in the NFL (and the same from the week before in NE - scoring points, that is). What worries me is not being able to put the Jets game away with just a first down or two when they two opportunities to do so in the fourth quarter. Instead, they went 3 and out on both. That has to improve.

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

The only Game their offence was dominate after the Tampa game was against NE on Boxing Day. 

They put up some descent “points “ against Carolina, jets falcons etc, but they were all hard fought wins where their offence didn’t look great. 

Allen has said that was the game in the second half where they figured it out & applied what they learned that game going forward. It sounds like right now he asked to get Beasley & Brown bc they haven't figured it out with who they've had. I'm kind of going off what Allen's saying & the eye test. But your pt is well taken (they certainly didn't look sharp against Atlanta last year).

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I'd say they found their competitive edge and started playing complimentary football again

27 minutes ago, CSBill said:

The Bills are still one of the best offensive teams in the NFL. Last week, after struggling for most of the first half, the Bills offense finally figured it out and scored on four straight possessions against one of the better defenses in the NFL (and the same from the week before in NE - scoring points, that is). What worries me is not being able to put the Jets game away with just a first down or two when they two opportunities to do so in the fourth quarter. Instead, they went 3 and out on both. That has to improve.

That's being generous.  They got lucky on the 4th down penalty on the first one, a decent drive the second one, but nothing explosive and then two drives that netted 46 yards (yes a crucial 3rd down drop on one).  

You're more correct on the fact they went 3 & out twice when they could have put the game away.  How about 5 straight punts and maybe 3 first downs to start the game?  

This is an elite offense playing lousy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The 'D' was gassed, in the final minutes, of the K.C. playoff game.

I still think that there is an aerobic conditioning issue, with the Bills.

I'm not targeting you in my reply, so please don't take it that way.

I never want to hear that a "D" was gassed ever again.  After that Miami game this year, what did we hear?  Oh, the "O" was gassed because they were out there too long.  Eric Wood said this on wgr.  Well, Miami's D didn't look gassed.  Like seriously, now the "O" is gassed?  I've had enough of the gassed stuff, I've heard it all now about the O being gassed.  Don't be gassy people.  Stay classy, not gassy. :pirate:

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.