Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

Allen needs a guy underneath he trusts.  Cook and Mckenzie have had moments.  Beasley gets open now and allows Allen a quick pass option.  I think its sneaky great timing.  Beasley this time of year has been beat up and playing on grit as much as ability.  Beasley with fresh legs could be lethal.  I would take Beasley over on yards and Beasley to score tonight. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Beasley this time of year has been beat up and playing on grit as much as ability

2022 same idea as OBJ saying he wants just playoff games. Beeez, Vet guy with FRESH legs gets back into the swing, just in time for playoffs. McKenzie is okay but both on roster are both better (HOPEFULLY)

2 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

Guys don’t have time to read through 71 pages, so just asking if Bease has been signed to active roster? Thanks. 

Not yet but Bills can still  do so up to an hour or two before gametime I think

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not yet but Bills can still  do so up to an hour or two before gametime I think

That’s right. Specifically, it’s 90 minutes. 

i for one would be surprised if he’s not playing. These forecasted conditions seem like the perfect place for a guy with sure hands who can get open in the short/mid range. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

i for one would be surprised if he’s not playing. These forecasted conditions seem like the perfect place for a guy with sure hands who can get open in the short/mid range. 

Yeah, I expect them to do it too.

No point in tipping their hand early though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

100% agree. Catch is, if an otherwise great QB logs just ONE bad quarter per game, that QB is not playing great anymore. Allen went from a historically great stretch to suddenly posting these quarters or entire halves of puzzling regression. There could be SO many legitimate explanations for this regression to the mean, but the fact is that #17 was overcoming all those explanations until suddenly he wasn't. 

I'm sure he'll learn from and grow because of this adversity, and hopefully the team (and coaching) around him will do the same. 

even Mahomes has bad quarters and even halves. That’s why he had a lot of games when he has to come back from multi score deficits. 

34 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

wow it’s 90 minutes now? Is that just because it’s a Saturday?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

But Allen was playing at an ELITE level with this same cast until he wasn't. It's not primarily about his supporting cast, except that maybe Allen feels more pressure to be a hero if we believe he sees his weapons as unreliable. Either way, he fell back into bad habits. He got sloppy, mechanically and cognitively. Hopefully, Beasley helps him regain his zen.

Two things:  injuries reducing the level of play of the offensive unit and more importantly defensive coaches noticing things and adjusting their defensive game plans to take away the easy stuff Allen and the O were getting. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

QB's even Mahomes go through rough patches every season.  The reasons for Allen's drop in production are those that you outlined:  injuries to Allen and other offensive players - but also include a tough schedule & bad weather.

And I don't believe Allen is "refusing" to take what defenses are giving him.  At least I've yet to see compelling evidence of this.

As for Knox, it appears he is desperately needed to shore up pass & run blocking.

When you take an honest look at the Bills offense from top to bottom it's been a case of smoke & mirrors where the elite play of Allen & Diggs has masked a great many deficiencies.  It's not surprising that defenses have adjusted to what the Bills actually can do and made it harder for them to keep doing it. 

Cant See Scooby Doo GIF by moodman

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Allen needs a guy underneath he trusts.  Cook and Mckenzie have had moments.  Beasley gets open now and allows Allen a quick pass option.  I think its sneaky great timing.  Beasley this time of year has been beat up and playing on grit as much as ability.  Beasley with fresh legs could be lethal.  I would take Beasley over on yards and Beasley to score tonight. 

I’d love it! But he hasn’t officially been called up yet -and you McDermott…🤦‍♂️

Bills have until 4 PM today to elevate from Practice Squad.  Bease has 3 elevations before he needs to be signed to active Roster. John Brown has 1 elevation left.

Note: Practice Squad elevations become unlimited for Playoffs.

so it’s possible we elevate Brown today and then sign him to 53, while not having to sign Bease to 53 unless we need to win the Patriots game

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Does anyone else kind of do a double-take at the notion of 5'8" Beasley and 5'7" McKenzie playing basketball?  I know Beasley can dunk.   A while back Bills social media put up a clip of Knox and Sweeney playing Horse (spoiler: they were bad) and at one point Beasley walked by, grabbed the ball from one of their misses and casually sunk a 3 pointer on the way through: "WATER!".   I believe McKenzie played basketball in HS; he posts off-season clips of himself playing rec league basketball sometimes. 

So it wouldn't surprise me if they could kick butt against some of the bigger players.  But the visual seems hysterically funny.  Like picture Spencer Brown trying to get a steal.  Or if Beasley threw an elbow, where would it hit?

They need to get Tyrone Curtis "Muggsy" Bogues (5'3") to play some basketball with them. Would be a great clip for Buffalo Bills website.

6 hours ago, Since1981 said:

2022 same idea as OBJ saying he wants just playoff games. Beeez, Vet guy with FRESH legs gets back into the swing, just in time for playoffs. McKenzie is okay but both on roster are both better (HOPEFULLY)

I think a fresh Beasley makes helps the offense get back on track.  Having a healthy Beasley is something Buffalo has not had in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Beasley’s wife is an assistant attorney general. 

That’s all. Just thought that was interesting. 

Where at?  Beasley is portrayed as the dimwit Joe dirt NFL player who gets gritty but I've talked to players and folks who say he is actually pretty well spoken off camera. 

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

Where at?  Beasley is portrayed as the dimwit Joe dirt NFL player who gets gritty but I've talked to players and folks who say he is actually pretty well spoken off camera. 

He is? I guess I missed it. He's generally been well spoken. He just succumbed to getting involved in an argument on the internet which has made many well spoken people look dumb regardless of their position. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

“Krystin Beasley works as an Assistant Attorney General at Illinois Attorney General’s Office. She works and protects the public interest.”

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

He is? I guess I missed it. He's generally been well spoken. He just succumbed to getting involved in an argument on the internet which has made many well spoken people look dumb regardless of their position. 

The media painted a picture of him poorly and that he wasn't well liked causing division. The douchebags at WGR drummed up a story about it and made it into a story. 

Funny, I don't see any division in locker room. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

“Krystin Beasley works as an Assistant Attorney General at Illinois Attorney General’s Office. She works and protects the public interest.”

Odd, I'd never picture Beas living in Illinois I thought he'd be a true Texas boy. Yet awesome he supports his wife's career.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Beasley’s wife is an assistant attorney general. 

That’s all. Just thought that was interesting. 

I've seen that on a couple sites, but I think it's incorrect.  She got married at age 24 (2014) and they have 3 kids.  It's not like she can't be a mother of 3, the supportive and passionate fan wife of a baller, AND an attorney - but I think some sites that try to aggregate information have confused her with this lady

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyrstin-beasley-bb4871133?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F

image.png.5d279af067a0c4e67efcbf143f9caaf0.png

They look a little different, live in different states, attended different universities.  Oh, and they have different first names - Kyrstin vs. Krystin.  Details!

th?id=OIP.AUufIyM_aExh2K20ol7bdwHaF4%26p

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Odd, I'd never picture Beas living in Illinois I thought he'd be a true Texas boy. Yet awesome he supports his wife's career.

He doesn't and I think we may conclude based on LinkedIn profile and pictures, the lady who is the Illinois Assistant AG is NOT Beasley's wife.

There's Wrong Stuff on the Internet - Go Figgur!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

The media painted a picture of him poorly and that he wasn't well liked causing division. The douchebags at WGR drummed up a story about it and made it into a story. 

The whole situation was just ridiculous.  So many people butt hurt over a difference of opinion.  What a world we live in 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

The whole situation was just ridiculous.  So many people butt hurt over a difference of opinion.  What a world we live in 

Agree it was ridiculous. But it wasn't just a lot of people pissed over a difference of opinion - Beasley was, himself, pissed over the difference of opinion. Everyone, including Beasley, could have handled it better.

I'm thrilled he's back. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

He caused a distraction and he should have really weighed if it was worth it. There were twitter disagreements (since deleted) between Dawkins, Feliciano, Beasley  and Hughes. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.