Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

Talk about being a sissy

That dude is an example of what is wrong with today's generation

If things are tough...or if it hurts your feelings...the solution is to cancel it altogether. 

This causes one to pose a rhetorical question..

Can a snowflake complain about the concept of snowy weather and its implications on an NFL game?

My guess is Mr Wittyngham, a Miami native and grad of THE U, has never scraped a windshield or bought "Blue Windshield Washer" for his car.  Hope he comes to the game tomorrow - he will be easily spotted in the lots scraping his windshield with his credit card with no gloves while sporting a Dolphins Coral and Aqua hoodie.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong as a father...my 11 year old daughter just told me that her biggest Christmas wish is that the Bills lose to the Patriots Week 17 and they miss the playoffs.  Do I have the right to disown her?? 😂

Yes, you do. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mannc said:

A precedent was certainly set…the question is whether it will apply only when there is six feet of snow, or whether it might be applied in lesser cases, as well.  

2 times in 60 years is hardly a precedent 

if this happened by yearly maybe it’s a thing 

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Are you kidding me man? It was a huge advantage not having to play that Browns team in the snow. That's why the Bills org was practically begging the NFL to move the game

The bills didn’t beg anybody 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm in Rochester, so I'm only seeing what's online, but arnt they saying 24 inches? If it's only a foot, I'd agree they won't change it 

From what I see they are saying 24" between Friday night and Monday morning. Not all at once.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not sure where I have gone wrong as a father...my 11 year old daughter just told me that her biggest Christmas wish is that the Bills lose to the Patriots Week 17 and they miss the playoffs.  Do I have the right to disown her?? 😂

I'm pretty sure you can leave children at the fire station. No questions asked. 

• Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

While I would understand the disappointment, they have to take fan safety into account also. I can't even imagine trying to leave the stadium Saturday night if it's as bas as they're saying. 

Step, as memorable and as fun it would be, yeah, I would not want to be there.  Those days are so behind me, and that is not only a physical safety issue, but man, anxiety inducing, too.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

there’s no way it’s getting postponed.  None.

RA, regardless of anything that might outwardly say the NFL wants this snow game, in primetime, between these two teams to happen so. badly.  

Yeah, I hear ya.

38 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Are you kidding me man? It was a huge advantage not having to play that Browns team in the snow. That's why the Bills org was practically begging the NFL to move the game

Times Up Tick Tock GIF by STARZ

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Chargers have been without Keenan Allen for 7.5 games, Mike Williams for 4 games and . 

You do see a lot of check downs in their games, they lean on Ekeler a lot to run after catch. 

But Palmer and Carter have stepped up at times. 

Their bar is right around 23 points a game, regardless if Herbert goes above 300-yards. 

I will be watching to see if they can crank it up to 30 these last four games. 

I agree with a lot of things in this post regarding the Bills offense. 

1. The RT is bad. And because he gets beat almost immediately every other play, Josh is on the move constantly. 

2. The sporadic run game. Agree, and we don't have an OC who sticks with it in any manner for 4-quarters. Dorsey abandons the run. Cook's carries/touches go up and down every game. You'll have a 16-yard Singletary run, and then he'll get the ball 4 times the rest of the game as well. He's passing when he should be draining the clock. His answers about balance make no sense. Of course when he is talking about balance, it's not 50/50. But there is no commitment to run the ball. He, at least, recognizes the value of Josh Allen designed runs, and has not take them out of the offense. 

3. In terms of the pass catchers:  

Gabe Davis - It looks like he runs two routes - the go, and the deep comeback along the sideline. Before Patrick Peterson said anything, that's what I was noticing as well. That said, I thought he was going to translate this year. Unless we're always going to get Playoff Gabe when it counts, you're getting 3 catches for 35 yards otherwise. 

Dawson Knox - I wonder if he should be the 2nd option in the pass offense. How long can you wait for Gabe? Despite the screen shots showing him open, he doesn't get the ball.

Isaiah McKenzie - I was wrong on him. Thought he could bring more speed to the offense. He's shown that he is a role player. There are games where he shines, Detroit, for one. But he's the opposite of a consistent player. 

4. I listen to Dorsey and I'm not sure if any consistency will be developed. There are 4-games left. So establishing new rhythms and norms now? I don't see it. 

a. I don't think Gabe is suddenly going to run new patterns. 

b. I don't expect any Hines package at this point. He's a punt/kick returner and that's it now. 

c. The ship has sailed on Shakir this season. 

d. Cook is going to have 14 carries one game, 2 the next game, regardless of production. 

e. The expectation is that Beasley slides back in and starts touching the ball. I think he'll play, I just don't expect Dorsey to consistently feature him. 

F. And finally, another poster said it best. The Bills are in the conversation with the best AFC offenses because of Allen's greatness. It's the only trait of the Bills that matches Patrick Mahomes talent and Andy Reid's play design, or the weapons around Joe Burrow. We don't get that level outside of Allen and Diggs. 

Great post-  I agree I every bit of it.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Another Matt Milano is awesome stat...

And surprisingly Taron Johnson has been one of the best at this as well for CB's.

No surprise Dane Jackson has been among the worst among all CB's:

I said it last week in the Dane vs Isaiah thread, what bothers me the most and what is most troublesome for the Bills D, are his missed tackles! Just confirmation of the eye test. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Has Dane Jackson really performed better than Elam??

Dane knows what he's supposed to be doing all the time. That's valued more highly in Mc'ds system over talent. See James Cook who missed a blovking assignment on the Diggs screen and then was put on the bench most or all the rest of the game.

It seems they either draft a lot of dummies, or they aren't very effective at teaching young players the scheme.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think you may need to have a chat with your wife as well.... j/k :) 

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Someone call Children’s Services. Now!

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Another Matt Milano is awesome stat...

And surprisingly Taron Johnson has been one of the best at this as well for CB's.

No surprise Dane Jackson has been among the worst among all CB's:

I am surprised at how much Dane Jackson has struggled this year and the stats bear that out, I’m guessing he leads the league in the latest one to turn and look for ball stat as well. Hopefully it clicks soon, but hope Elam gets back in the field asap!

1 hour ago, Nineforty said:

And if you take it a step further (pun unintended), someone (my brain initially) will say, "yeah but once the receiver sticks his foot in ground to cut, the defender will have to react and because of the snow, his reaction and time it takes to cut/accelerate will be slower than usual."

To which I reply, wouldn't the receivers' cut be slower than usual as well (and what if the receiver slips due to surface? Advantage defense.)

Is this just something everyone has said for so long? Or is there a valid counterpoint?

I think separation stats would answer this. They are a bit subjective but compare snow games to other games played by the same team that season. That would be a good indication if the offense is getting a separation advantage. I don’t have access to the stats

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BRH said:

But but I was told by some stats geek at the Athletic that he's 22nd against the blitz or something.

Bills also have an absurd conversion rate on 3rd and 10+ of like 40%...which is higher than like 15 teams normal 3rd down conversion rate

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Bills also have an absurd conversion rate on 3rd and 10+ of like 40%...which is higher than like 15 teams normal 3rd down conversion rate

Yeah but what's our opponents' conversion rate on 3rd and 10+?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

He'll have a "back injury" that magically heals.

Please, BRH.  Snow is very soft.

Like a cozy, big, puffy blanket!

We all know it is the sting of the snow getting smacked in his face as he goes down that is going to be the issue.

😁

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

The Frenchman et all will dine on sushi 🍣 🍱

Tua will need an “Ambulance” also French…, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BRH said:

But but I was told by some stats geek at the Athletic that he's 22nd against the blitz or something.

Not clue what his numbers are vs the blitz…..but being “under pressure” and “against the blitz” are two completely different things. The opposing D could send 1 pass rusher and sit back 10 in coverage, as long as that pass rusher is against Spencer Brown, Josh will be under pressure.  

22 minutes ago, BRH said:

Yeah but what's our opponents' conversion rate on 3rd and 10+?

That’s a great question and it seems to be our Achilles heel this year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.