Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

Ask the Jets and Mike White about our soft defense. 

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

New England rushed for 222 yards on that day.   Even adjusting a bit for a long run,  its by no means paltry.  And when a team can rush for over 200 yards against you ,  your defense didn't have a very good day.

The point was all they did was rush.  They didn't even pretend they were going to pass.   That's when the rushing #'s jump out.  Knew it was coming and still was fairly effective.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

New England rushed for 222 yards on that day.   Even adjusting a bit for a long run,  its by no means paltry.  And when a team can rush for over 200 yards against you ,  your defense didn't have a very good day.

Who cares?  This is a different defense. 

• Like (+1) 3

I really, really try not to engage on social media, but people in general from Florida are really bad.  Complaning about the weather here, posting pictures of a sunny beach in Florida...etc.  They just don't get that some of us actually LIKE a good portion of the winter.  I lived in Florida for the better part of a decade.  Moved back to the Northeast after (since then I have been living either near Buffalo or Boston).  I'll give them that by the end of February/early March I am usually done with the cold temperatures, but in all honesty for us, we love the climate in the Buffalo area for 10.5-11 months of the year.  In Florida I hated almost every day from May through the middle of October.  Its like the people in Florida think they actually have something better and are 'getting over' on us up north and they don't get that to most of us, we have the better end of the deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Have to be careful with these stats. Miami is always road games below 40F. I wonder how they stat in games >85 degrees (always at home). There is a strong correlation between their home and away temps.

Fish are 0-5 when Labatts Blue is served at a stadium (bahahahah)

You quoted me, but copied the stat someone else posted, so it may have been in error.

My point remains; this is good for the Bills.

59 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The point was all they did was rush.  They didn't even pretend they were going to pass.   That's when the rushing #'s jump out.  Knew it was coming and still was fairly effective.

Bills had 9 tackles for losses that night as well. Nine. That is rare in a single game these days. Taking nothing away from Harris’s 64 yard jaunt, but that was the only running play that hurt us. In other words, 45 out of their 46 running plays were fairly ineffective.

Edited by K-9

20 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I really, really try not to engage on social media, but people in general from Florida are really bad.  Complaning about the weather here, posting pictures of a sunny beach in Florida...etc.  They just don't get that some of us actually LIKE a good portion of the winter.  I lived in Florida for the better part of a decade.  Moved back to the Northeast after (since then I have been living either near Buffalo or Boston).  I'll give them that by the end of February/early March I am usually done with the cold temperatures, but in all honesty for us, we love the climate in the Buffalo area for 10.5-11 months of the year.  In Florida I hated almost every day from May through the middle of October.  Its like the people in Florida think they actually have something better and are 'getting over' on us up north and they don't get that to most of us, we have the better end of the deal.

Without the invention of mechanical AC, WHICH coincidentally was invented in Upstate/BFLo, New York... The Sunbelt would be uninhabitable... Probably wouldn't have 3/4 of it's population. 

Go figure...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

June, July and August here in NC it's not fun to be outside most of the time.  Just like Dec-Feb in WNY IMO.  

On 12/11/2022 at 2:14 PM, Dr.Sack said:

I’d love a driving snowstorm. 

Why?

So we can try to pretend we’re a bad weather team? To keep that “blue collar toughness” nonsense alive? 

I’d prefer an environment that suits a pass first, pass second, and run for a half yard on third and one team. 

Why anyone (and shockingly a LOT) is happy that we neuter our biggest threat because it’s “revenge” for what Miami did - which was a true advantage - is so silly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Snow had stopped by about 9a but as of now it's coming down again. Sideways, big fat flakes. I live just off Abbott about 3.5 miles from the stadium. 

I don't think this kind of wet, heavy snow is a real benefit to anyone. If it keeps up it's likely gonna be a sloppy game where both teams are gonna have to try and run it when they're both offenses that love to air it out. Guess it depends on how clear they can keep the field. 

Edited by blacklabel

26 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Why?

So we can try to pretend we’re a bad weather team? To keep that “blue collar toughness” nonsense alive? 

I’d prefer an environment that suits a pass first, pass second, and run for a half yard on third and one team. 

Why anyone (and shockingly a LOT) is happy that we neuter our biggest threat because it’s “revenge” for what Miami did - which was a true advantage - is so silly. 

Because "When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us!"

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

The heat and direct sunlight during the Miami game in September sent multiple Bills players to the locker room with heat exhaustion.  They should probably STFU about having a game in hostile weather conditions.

Edited by Bills Fan in MD
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm betting Josh leads the game in rushing yards across both teams.

Saddle Up!

Holy cow!  That thing is like a 4 legged snowplow!

Those animals are HUGE.

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I grew up and lived in Buffalo for about 28 years.

I have now lived in SE FL for about 8 years, after 15 in Northern VA outside DC.

I hate everything there is about winter (and I used to enjoy skiing) and can't FATHOM moving back to a winter climate after this much time free of one.  It's shocking to me that people choose to live their life in WNY, for example, where it is cold and crappy out for damned near half the year.

I try to tease my family and friends in WNY with those palm tree photos as much as possible.

BTW, and this is no joke, I just got home from my walk on the beach; overcast and a bit cool at like 76 degrees today; saw some hot chicks in bikinis nonetheless.

Enjoy your snowstorm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Those animals are HUGE.

I have now lived in SE FL for about 8 years, after 15 in Northern VA outside DC.

I hate everything there is about winter (and I used to enjoy skiing) and can't FATHOM moving back to a winter climate after this much time free of one.  It's shocking to me that people choose to live their life in WNY, for example, where it is cold and crappy out for damned near half the year.

I try to tease my family and friends in WNY with those palm tree photos as much as possible.

BTW, and this is no joke, I just got home from my walk on the beach; overcast and a bit cool at like 76 degrees today; saw some hot chicks in bikinis nonetheless.

Enjoy your snowstorm.

Exactly the point of my post.  People like you cannot fathom the fact that others don't like what you like.  Your fragile ego somehow needs to 'tease' others, as you say, with pictures of what you like thining others do the same.   You don't get that others don't like what you do. Can't see outside of your own narrow point of view. Thanks for proving the point...I guess

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/15/2022 at 10:51 PM, Big Turk said:

That will be gone in the new stadium since it will have two tunnel entrances. Current stadium is unique in that a single tunnel entrance causes crazy wind patterns and it's the only stadium in the NFL with that.

Close the door?

On 12/16/2022 at 8:12 AM, Mrbojanglezs said:

This game is going to suck to watch, its going to snow close to a foot during the game, you can't run in deep snow. 

Are players allowed to wear snow shoes?

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I guess the choice is between cold and crappy or hot, humid and crappy.

In the cold crap freezes but in warmth it becomes liquidey and just spreads around.

To each its own.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Those animals are HUGE.

Enjoy your snowstorm.

Yay, SE Florida. 🙄

Why would you be a dick to friends and family back in WNY?

For someone that moved away from upstate NY, over 30 years ago, I can tell you that no one back there will be impressed by your "palm tree photos" and bragging.  You'll only come across  as a *****.

Plus, it's "SE Florida" we're talking about.  You couldn't pay me enough to live there, but I'm honestly glad that you're happy there.  It's great to live in an area that you enjoy.

All in all, to each their own.

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Those animals are HUGE.

Enjoy your snowstorm.

Same here.30+ years in FL. Don't think I could ever go back. 

PSA. Be careful of putting up Christmas lights down here.😉

XALGvXv4olZUEFu8mYc5uaUSUoyOkRerJcjd40MKKIY.thumb.jpg.e3b579cae433022663815480bc0355f9.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Those animals are HUGE.

Enjoy your snowstorm.

Enjoy the beach...and the hurricanes that turn your house into a matchbox and then you waste 20 years fighting the government and insurance companies to get them to pay your claims. I'll take the cold and snow.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Exactly the point of my post.  People like you cannot fathom the fact that others don't like what you like.  Your fragile ego somehow needs to 'tease' others, as you say, with pictures of what you like thining others do the same.   You don't get that others don't like what you do. Can't see outside of your own narrow point of view. Thanks for proving the point...I guess

Seems like saying the same thing from a different point of view and your having a hard time accepting that point of view.

12 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Why?

I love snow 

On 12/17/2022 at 3:36 PM, WyoAZBillfan said:

Seems like saying the same thing from a different point of view and your having a hard time accepting that point of view.

I'd say the other poster is having the hard time, if you take things back to the beginning of our back-and-forth, he was the first one to respond to me argumentatively.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'd say the other poster is having the hard time, if you take things back to the beginning of our back-and-forth, he was the first one to respond to me argumentatively.

🤷🏼‍♂️ possibly, I dunno but y’all saying the same thing in different words from my take. No blames, no faults just slightly different takes from what I recall reading. Either way it’s all good, forums are for discussion right? Plus a good dispute makes for good time killing or just good entertainment. 
My opinion is just speculative, y’all are on same page. 

Edited by WyoAZBillfan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.