Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They probably have did that because people were hammering the Vikings. I know that i would have if i was a dispassionate gambler.

I am not worried about that game being taken down. That makes a ton of sense. If it wasn’t the Bills playing I’d hammer Minnesota on the ML. 

They took down the O/U total wins for Buffalo this season and odds to win the division. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am not worried about that game being taken down. That makes a ton of sense. If it wasn’t the Bills playing I’d hammer Minnesota on the ML. 

They took down the O/U total wins for Buffalo this season and odds to win the division. 

All the other major sports books still have it up.

Edited by MasterStrategist
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

If Allen gets a 2-4 week ride on the bench, that could absolutely affect both of those odds … especially given the absurdity that is the juggernaut AFCE now. 

From anyone I’ve heard in sports medicine, it seems a season ending injury would be a shock, but anywhere from 0-4 games seems on the table. 

• Like (+1) 1

Realistically 9 teams fighting for Seven spots..all within a game to a game and a half of eachother.  Some garbage team will win the AFC south.

Still a good chunk of season to go but At least we get one more shot at the East teams at home. But they are going to be tough physical games. 

The margin for error will shrink each game Case has to play. I am not convinced we can run the ball without the threat of Josh legs. I’m not convinced the oline will hold up for Case.

If Poyer and Milano get back maybe the D can pull out a few for us but Josh to Case is a monumental drop off for this team. 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

If you truly feel that way, then you should go to every other major sports book site and bet it.  Because all the other major sports books still have it up.

I rarely put money on the Bills. I just find myself rooting for stats rather than rooting for the team or good football from my team. 

If I do put money on the Bills I never ever bet against the Bills no matter how much I think the bet will hit. 

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You have no idea what Keenum looks like with the entire starting offense in a real game and a week of prep. 

None of us do.  

If you want to point to limitations on offense, in Keenum and in personnel.. fair game, but way too many people are drawing conclusions from preseason. 

Come on sir!  It's Casey Keenam we are talking about. He has a big enough sample size to know he's a career back up with big limitations. Weak arm and suspect vision. Go ahead and believe he's going to be effective with this running game and Oline. I will choose to take off my blinders and see reality. I know it's wildly unpopular. The likelihood of Keenam being good or serviceable is fair less likely than vice versa. 

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You have no idea what Keenum looks like with the entire starting offense in a real game and a week of prep. 

None of us do.  

If you want to point to limitations on offense, in Keenum and in personnel.. fair game, but way too many people are drawing conclusions from preseason. 

This is Case Keenum’s 10th season in the NFL. Everyone knows who he is - and didn’t need 2022 preseason to make a judgement. He did have a very good 2017, but has been pretty bad otherwise. STATS

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Without Allen this team is an average 500 team at best. Thus far, Keenan looks abysmal.

“Thus far?” What the heck are you talking about? During mop-up duty? Preseason?

Listen, we have yet so see Keenum, Trubisky, or any of the recent back-ups to Josh after a full week of preparation and game planning. My guess is they’ll be okay. Certainly not Josh-level, but okay. Enough to give us a chance to win a game. Not enough to put the team on their backs, mind you.

You blathering is annoying as crap. One man does not a team make. There will be 52 other talented athletes to support whoever is playing QB. They’ll have to step up, for sure. But for you to insinuate that the Bills suck without Allen is just ignorant. It’s horribly disrespectful to some really good football players, and even worse, it reeks of the constant misery that you spew on here every week.

The Bills are a well-coached, talented and highly disciplined football team with very few weaknesses.  If you really are a Bills fan, then you at least owe them the right to show you what they’ve got.

Get your act together and support the team!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on sir!  It's Casey Keenam we are talking about. He has a big enough sample size to know he's a career back up with big limitations. Weak arm and suspect vision. Go ahead and believe he's going to be effective with this running game and Oline. I will choose to take off my blinders and see reality. I know it's wildly unpopular. The likelihood of Keenam being good or serviceable is fair less likely than vice versa. 

Here’s what I’m saying..

-Our OL is not as bad as some people here think.  

-I’ve, from jump, been part of the crowd that thinks our skill positions are overrated ..  but they’re also not bad. You can do a lot worse than Hines, Singletary, Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis, McKenzie and Shakir if we start developing defined roles & usage for them. 

It’s not going to look like the hyper aggressive Allen led offense, but that may also not be the worst thing in the world right now.   Maybe we figure some stuff out because we’re forced to without a cheat code at QB for X amount of games. 

I know we’re all down on the defense right now, so it would be a great time for McDermott’s annual focus on getting the run fits correct.  

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

“Thus far?” What the heck are you talking about? During mop-up duty? Preseason?

Listen, we have yet so see Keenum, Trubisky, or any of the recent back-ups to Josh after a full week of preparation and game planning. My guess is they’ll be okay. Certainly not Josh-level, but okay. Enough to give us a chance to win a game. Not enough to put the team on their backs, mind you.

You blathering is annoying as crap. One man does not a team make. There will be 52 other talented athletes to support whoever is playing QB. They’ll have to step up, for sure. But for you to insinuate that the Bills suck without Allen is just ignorant. It’s horribly disrespectful to some really good football players, and even worse, it reeks of the constant misery that you spew on here every week.

The Bills are a well-coached, talented and highly disciplined football team with very few weaknesses.  If you really are a Bills fan, then you at least owe them the right to show you what they’ve got.

Get your act together and support the team!

Obviously, when (hopefully not) it’s time to support Keenum, most of us will do just that whether at the game or watching it. However to pretend that what we saw over last couple weeks and of Keenum earlier in the year doesn’t matter or is somehow an insulting others is absurd. Even with Allen in we largely just had one superstar WR, bad running game, and a below average line.  I hope someone steps up if Josh is out but the O is in serious trouble without Allen’s arm or legs. Honestly I think we will have to do what the Jets did to us yesterday to be competitive.  Lets Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Perhaps we should have Allen run 20 times? Haha

Well… If Allen has a UCL injury and can’t throw, but we still start him, doesn’t that basically render him Taysom Hill? 

Cause apparently Sean Payton believed Taysom could be a starter, fwiw. 

Jusr saying… and I’m half kidding too by the way… for the record, if there is ANY chance Allen can make this injury worse, I’m on board with “rest him for a few weeks and ensure he is 100% when it’s all on the line”.  

listen, we might have to forget about home field either way. Cause even if we play him, he won’t be 100%, we won’t be as good, lose the #1 seed AND we risk him not being 100% in the playoffs.

wouldn’t you rather just have him healthy in the playoffs? I really wanted to host KC in the playoffs for once, but playing in Arrowhead is NOT the reason we ever lost to KC, I think we have proven that by now 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can anyonye verify this?

“On Monday Night Countdown, Adam Schefter said the Bills don't think this UCL injury for Josh Allen is as serious as the one he had in 2018, but they're still doing more testing.”

Yes schefter reported that.....this is great news

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You’d think so but if you watch the clip someone kindly posted above….Adam doesn’t sound too convinced by the Bills positive outlook

Why would the Bills lie and come out and say it was likely less severe than the grade 2 sprain he had in 2018?...makes no sense

57 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I’m not willing to sacrifice home field advantage.  Chips are all in.  

Every year, Leslie does this and McD has to take over.  It’s frustrating that our D Cord continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. Will he ever learn and adapt? 

Bernard was absolutely flippin horrible in that jets game…their game plan was literally just run at/throw at Bernard.  I cannot even fathom taking taron Johnson off the field to trot two absolute liabilities at lb out there.  As much as we don’t like it I think Frazier did the right thing staying in the nickel this time 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Bernard was absolutely flippin horrible in that jets game…their game plan was literally just run at/throw at Bernard.  I cannot even fathom taking taron Johnson off the field to trot two absolute liabilities at lb out there.  As much as we don’t like it I think Frazier did the right thing staying in the nickel this time 

Wilson is horrible when pressured. We played mostly Vanilla and Dodson is a better run defender than Bernard

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Josh wears a super hero cape, he can just throw it left handed.

One thing that is for dang sure, if Allen is indeed the Cyborg many of us believe him to be, and is able to come out and start against Vikings, put the team on his back and win without doing any further damage to his elbow, do you think ANYONE is still thinking about the Jets at that point? We are right back to cloud nine.

Granted, I think that was like 5 “ifs” I just listed, but hey… This is where I have to be mentally right now, to get through a week that will almost certainly feel like an eternity.

• Like (+1) 1

Based on what we know so far, here is my most educated guess...

He is listed day to day and is a game time decision for Sunday.

He goes out and test his arm pre game. He probably shouldn't play but he tells the coaching staff he is fine and gives it a go.

He isnʻt 100% but he battles through it.

Haven't read all 35 pages of this thread, but some Dolphins fans are happy that JA was injured and say nasty, untrue things about the Bills Mafia. One poster said JA was noodle-armed and injury prone. One also wants Wilkins to injure Milano. Here are a few comments from their board:

https://finheaven.com/threads/dolphins-schedule-a-bit-tougher-with-afc-east-surging.375465/

Thank you Jets!

They were cheering at the stadium when tua got hurt too. No sympathy

HarryBagpipe said:

They were cheering at the stadium when tua got hurt too. No sympathy

Fred Bear said:

We're they?

HarryBagpipe said:

Yep

Fred Bear said:

Typical uncouth bills fans

Yeah but it’s all good because they donated money to his charity afterwards. That’s how they make up for their nasty, and they brag about it too.

I feel dirty about going to Their board but I got a good idea of how they are with their Noodle arm. Injury prone and soft comments. But I had to check it out after we finally beat those bastards.

https://finheaven.com/threads/source-bills-qb-josh-allen-being-evaluated-for-ucl-injury.375466/post-9195931

For one, there will always be questions beating the Bills minus Allen. Then again, I doubt they would give a sh!t should Tua miss games again. I’d like to give Milano a little knee to the groin action. Christian Wilkins is just the guy.

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.