Why oh why are we not establishing a running game ?

Returntoglory

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

8 carries for 24 yards.

our running backs SUCK.

it’s why we continue to draft and trade for them.

They.

Are.

Not.

Good.

It’s not the backs it’s the oline. Also the Bills don’t stick with it. They had some solid runs early on and just abandon it. I think the book is out on how to beat the Bills. I’m not saying they can’t turn this around but geez they look bad at times not just average or sloppy but down right bad. Josh should have been picked 4 times today. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DJB said:

Because we don’t have a RB that’s why. 

How many more posters are going to continue to try and tell me that Singletaey is a difference maker and we didn’t need CMC?!?!?!

We have the backs! We just are not committed to the run and today our worse fears may be realized with an injury to Allen!

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

It’s not the backs it’s the oline. Also the Bills don’t stick with it. They had some solid runs early on and just abandon it. I think the book is out on how to beat the Bills. I’m not saying they can’t turn this around but geez they look bad at times not just average or sloppy but down right bad. Josh should have been picked 4 times today. 

2 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

We have the backs! We just are not committed to the run and today our worse fears may be realized with an injury to Allen!

Guys.

We have inquired about trading for CMC and Kamara.  We drafted Singletary, then spent a 3rd on Moss. Then a 2nd on Cook. Then TRADED for Himes.

Beane and co. do not think our running backs are good. They are correct.

We don't "establish" the run, because they suck.  We don't keep feeding them, because it stops working, because they SUCK.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Because we don’t have a RB that’s why. 

How many more posters are going to continue to try and tell me that Singletaey is a difference maker and we didn’t need CMC?!?!?!

I’m not saying Motor is CMC, but Singletary has a higher career average YPC with 4.7 vs 4.6. Pretty large sample size, too. The RB isn’t the problem.  It is the OL. Period. Yes, an upgrade would be great, but I’m not blaming the RB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Guys.

We have inquired about trading for CMC and Kamara.  We drafted Singletary, then spent a 3rd on Moss. Then a 2nd on Cook. Then TRADED for Himes.

Beane and co. do not think our running backs are good. They are correct.

We don't "establish" the run, because they suck.  We don't keep feeding them, because it stops working, because they SUCK.

We need to stop investing in chumps and mediocre RB’s. 

We had the chance to add a game changing elite RB in CMC and wimped out.

Massive mistake

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m not saying Motor is CMC, but Singletary has a higher career average YPC with 4.7 vs 4.6. Pretty large sample size, too. The RB isn’t the problem.  It is the OL. Period. Yes, an upgrade would be great, but I’m not blaming the RB. 

Come on Augie anyone using the eye test can tell you these two are nothing alike at all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What was weird today was they went away from all the pin and pull stuff that had worked, and went back to those bad wide zones that don’t.  

Brady had 9 pass touchdowns and only 1 pick on the season. Allen has 19 pass touchdowns and 9 picks. 

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Come on Augie anyone using the eye test can tell you these two are nothing alike at all

Facts are facts. Yet there is a reason they picked up Cook and Hines, they want more explosiveness. It will not appear often enough until we can control the LOS. THAT is where the game is won, or lost….like today. 

We need to stop using Josh as a substitute for a decent running back, I’ll tell you that much. Coaching leans on Allen’s running ability as a crutch when the offense struggles. I’m not convinced that Allen being used extensively as runner doesn’t throw off the passing game. Improvisational scrambles are a different beast that I don’t believe hurts his game. I’d love to see us win more regular season games with Allen in the pocket. He has an elite arm, I realize that’s taking away part of his game, but also can’t name a Super Bowl winning team who relied heavily on their QB as a runner. It’s not going to end well if they don’t use him more sparingly in the run game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is the bull ***t they’re telling themselves in the analytics department 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is the bull ***t they’re telling themselves in the analytics department 

You sound angry. Not necessarily rational, but very angry. We do not block well on offense. Period. I hope Kromer can improve that over the course of the season. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We can’t. Our Oline is pure garbage. 

THANK YOU!

I've been saying this for a long time now. They just aren't good! This carousel at RB & hoping one will magically change things isn't the solution.

Allen's mobility & playmaking skills disguise a lot of their flaws, but when he's off himself? Even bad teams will get be able to hang in games. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

THANK YOU!

I've been saying this for a long time now. They just aren't good! This carousel at RB & hoping one will magically change things isn't the solution.

Allen's mobility & playmaking skills disguise a lot of their flaws, but when he's off himself? Even bad teams will get be able to hang in games. 

But Beane has nobody to blame but himself. Ford was a garbage 2nd round pick and traded for peanuts. We need to draft linemen, linemen, and more linemen before Allen gets catastrophically injured. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

8 carries for 24 yards.

our running backs SUCK.

They.

Are.

Not.

Good.

Singletary is a great complimentary piece. He’s a do it all kind of guy, but has no speed. Cook is all speed, buuuuuuuuuut, there doesn’t seem to be much else there. They need a real RB. A true starting caliber RB could get yards with this line. Singletary consistently gets to the second level, but because he has no speed, he gets caught up by the ankles. It’s hard to watch week after week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, FireChans said:

8 carries for 24 yards.

our running backs SUCK.

They.

Are.

Not.

Good.

6 of Singletary's 8 carries came on drives we scored TD's.  All the other drives he gets 2 carries and we get 3 points.

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Singletary is a great complimentary piece. He’s a do it all kind of guy, but has no speed. Cook is all speed, buuuuuuuuuut, there doesn’t seem to be much else there. They need a real RB. A true starting caliber RB could get yards with this line. Singletary consistently gets to the second level, but because he has no speed, he gets caught up by the ankles. It’s hard to watch week after week. 

No speed is not really true.  That said I just saw Kupp run past the TB defense and he ran a slower 40 than Singletary.  Singletary's speed is just fine for establishing a running game if we cared to do that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.