NFL Week #9 - 11/6/22 GAMEDAY Bills at Jets Pregame Thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

8 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I doubt that was a last minute decision.  There is absolutely no reason to risk Tre on that lousy field against an anemic pass offense.  He has had what, two weeks of practice?  After sitting for a year, no preseason, training camp, etc?  He was never going to play today. Let him have another week of practice.  They need him against the Vikings.  

If the field is that bad perhaps we should forfeit?

• Eyeroll 1

Curious what this narrative of "they act like they already won something" with the talking heads. 

I highly doubt any player or fan has even come close to thinking that. 

At least the fans that don't post on Twitter anyways. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?? The guy practices all week. Coach puts his azz on the plane then gets to the stadium and McDermott decides ‘Nah, Eff it. Sityerazz down!’

😡

You’re better than this.  Tre is not needed this week and McD knows it, but he puts Tre back into the road game routine and takes one more step towards getting him some action.  I’d like to see him against the Vikes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

He is signed for 2 more years.  And if we cut him in the offseason its $8,672,000 of dead cap.... Hes here next year

Edmunds will be gone before Milano if that's the direction they decide to go. Edmunds isn't going to come cheap.

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Laugh all you want.

The Bills will have decisions to make with upcoming contracts for their younger players.

I love Milano, but he's pushing 30, and we can't keep everyone.

There’s no chance they cut Milano next year while they are in a SB window.

The bills can literally clear over 60 mil next year with restructures If they really wanted to 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

A full YEAR with no setbacks, off the PUP, activated, makes the flight but not dressing is RUSHING??

Stay in school, Kids

It's not a full year.  He had surgery mid-December. 

Mean time to RTP for WR 13.6 months, CB at least as demanding on the knees as WR

Tre' has been traveling with the team.  They had to activate him this past week or put him on season-ending IR.

My guess would be it was a game-time decision but driven somewhat by weather.  If it were a beautiful sunny day he might have been active and taken some snaps, and Milano might have been active.  But wet slick conditions on a suspect field, keep them both in the barn.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

He is signed for 2 more years.  And if we cut him in the offseason its $8,672,000 of dead cap.... Hes here next year

Exactly he’s here for 2 more years. He’s missed a couple random games. His injury history is about normal for the violent position and style he plays. 

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t know if it’s been said before, but this WGR pregame show with Nate Geary and Joe DiBiassi is absolutely BRUTAL.  holy crap.  Where do they find these guys?  It’s like listening to a couple of hopped-up 11 year olds discuss football (not in a good or cute way, either).

Better than listening to Mike Schopp talk about his gambling addiction. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

I got 4.59, but the original point is he is a slow version of Milano.  I was just providing facts.

My intended point was that Milano when drafted was a slow version of Milano. 

I think Bernard will speed up as he gets into NFL off-season conditioning and masters the play book.  He will probably take some tips from Milano, actually.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Exactly he’s here for 2 more years. He’s missed a couple random games. His injury history is about normal for the violent position and style he plays. 

He's got a non-stop motor and he's one of the biggest playmakers on the D if not THE biggest.  I wouldn't care if he's 35.  If he's still doing what he's doing, he's worth it.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

How much playing time does Hines get today? 

I don't think a whole heck of a lot.  Even in his interview, he said it will take him a couple weeks to learn the offense and Josh said their offense isn't an easy one to learn.

Probably special teams will be the extent, IMO.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Boomer Eaison just said that Milano calls the defense? I thought Edmunds was the one doing that? 

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Boomer just said Milano calls and is the learner of the defense 

Gotta drive Edmunds stock down as much as possible so now the Bills are paying off the heads. 😝