Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

If the canopy is too big - you're going to end up with the old Texas Stadium with its ridiculous hole in the roof.

This feels fine - looks like the decks above the lower deck are all covered so the option is there if you want it.  I kind of like the idea that those who wish to brave the elements are rewarded with better/closer seats.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Look. it will be nice to have a new stadium with modern infrastructure and amenities.  No complaints. Let's go.

But if i want to nitpick, it's a missed opportunity....25 years from now people will still lament that the stadium is sitting in the middle of nowhere when it should be downtown,, and they should have spent the extra $ to put a retractable roof on the thing.  Even one of the two would have made this spectacular.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No. Because it’s not a final design. 65% is unacceptable. 80% was reported a few months ago.

This is 40-50 year stadium. They have to get it right.

I put it at 30 years before the concrete starts failing. Acid rain and ever-increasingly wacky-weather wear are going to take a toll. The concrete from the 2013 renovations at the current stadium was already crumbling, as shown in the BN pictures awhile back.

Tennessee design info said they were putting the clear roof on to minimize weather damage and the expensive upkeep that causes.

Incredibly short sighted not to build a dome. Tenn is now getting one. Indy, Detroit, and Minn all have great domes. Even Chicago is talking about a dome. This stadium will be obsolete before it is even finished and the taxpayers are getting fleeced.

Ideally a new governor steps in and renegotiates a better deal. Pegula is far richer than he was only a few years ago. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, major said:

Think we should have had a hybrid of old war memorial and Rich stadium (Yankees did something similar with new Yankees stadium: it was a mix of new and old). No offense to the architects, but war memorial’s old design looks better than what they came up with #justsaying

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. War memorial looked like a dump 

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Incredibly short sighted not to build a dome. Tenn is now getting one. Indy, Detroit, and Minn all have great domes. Even Chicago is talking about a dome. This stadium will be obsolete before it is even finished and the taxpayers are getting fleeced.

Ideally a new governor steps in and renegotiates a better deal. Pegula is far richer than he was only a few years ago. 

Don’t count on anyone negotiating a better deal. I think this is the direction the NFL is headed. Owners simply aren’t going to pay, because they can always find someone in another city/state who’s willing to do

so. 

Edited by SirAndrew

3 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

If the canopy is too big - you're going to end up with the old Texas Stadium with its ridiculous hole in the roof.

This feels fine - looks like the decks above the lower deck are all covered so the option is there if you want it.  I kind of like the idea that those who wish to brave the elements are rewarded with better/closer seats.

Sounds like it will look similar to that but the hole will be bigger. Look at Tottenham Hotspur stadium. There's pics of it in this thread 

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Tennessee is getting one because they want to host a Super Bowl.  Nashville is a desirable enough location, with enough high grade hotels that they could pull it off.  Buffalo just isn't, and that's OK.  Some of the best NFL cities - Green Bay, for instance, will never host a Super Bowl, even if they had a dome.

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Lol. The cameras aren't the problem. The shadow is. Unless they edit the shadow out and put sunlight there it will be annoying. 

Dark and light are relative. The human eye can see all of the color in shadows and direct sunlight at the same time just fine. Older cameras have less dynamic range that the human eye, so the contrast between shadow and direct sunlight is severe...

Newer cameras have much better dynamic range than the human eye. So they can render all of the color in the shadows and all of the color in the highlights, making the contrast between the two much less. No more washed out sunny field or blackened shadows...

And the signal can also be processed to increase the brightness in the shadows and decrease the brightness in the highlights as long as the camera can properly expose both highlight and shadows at the same time. Older cameras could only properly expose one or the other... And the most annoying thing ever was watching a game with the camera set to auto exposure, so the picture would constantly pulse between all white highlights or all back shadows. 

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Yes the rich people in the upper decks are dry and the poor folk on the sidelines, soaking wet. 🤔  35% of the fans will get wet, In the 20% of games that it rains...

Regardless looks sick to me - and there's a rep on talking about it on WGR, sounds sweet! :beer:

The poor be damned!! 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah, put me in the anti-dome group for a few reasons

• The lighting always seems off on TV, its like basement lighting vs. outdoor lighting.  
  • Buffalo can't host a super bowl so its hard to justify additional expenses of that magnitude when it likely does nothing to increase revenue
  • It doesn't seem like it makes sense to build a dome in OP, and the infrastructure doesn't exist to do it downtown anywhere
  • Football should be played outdoors
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

I'm kind of in agreement with a lot of the people posting in here.  It seems to me like the upper seats will be the ones protected, while the 100 level seats will be exposed to the rain/snow/etc.  Which to me is kind of weird, considering the 100 level is going to be more expensive.  The plaza looks phenomenal though.

2 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

I'm kind of in agreement with a lot of the people posting in here.  It seems to me like the upper seats will be the ones protected, while the 100 level seats will be exposed to the rain/snow/etc.  Which to me is kind of weird, considering the 100 level is going to be more expensive.  The plaza looks phenomenal though.

I am not sure what kind of solution would solve that besides a dome....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Keep in mind if his is the same guy who said renderings were “very close” 2-3 months ago.  Anyone see his nose growing by the minute? 😂

So, you live in a world where nothing changes? Or did Raccuia wake up one day and say, "I'm bored. I'm just gonna make ***** up today and make people mad."?

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

One thing that looks kind of messed up is the empty slices in the corners.  Why?!

Because they listened to @R. Rich concerns about fans crowding along the tunnel trying to get autographs after games, so give them as much separation as possible, so it's not worth the trouble to get over there. 

22 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Am I mad they’re building another open air stadium in the middle of nowhere costing taxpayers a billion dollars you ask? Yes

There are around 9,100,400 people in the state of NY over 18 working. The average cost is around $110 per person who is employed in the state of NY. You can spend more than that on dinner, some drinks, and an uber. 

Edited by H2o

2 hours ago, saundena said:

No red endzones, fail!

In all seriousness, I like it.  I wish the capacity was a bit larger (more screaming fans = louder game day experience).  The bills usually sell out so the decision to reduce capacity is a bit curious.

I wonder if the architects and engineers will build in some sort of "advantage" to maximize crowd noise like in Seattle, or orient the stadium relative to the lake to maximize wind swirl, etc.

Finally, I hope they figure out a way to honor Ralph in some way.

Somewhere I read adding a few more seats added a disproportionate amount to the total  cost.

Ralph/Terry/Erie County is  cheap

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, SDS said:

Does anyone why there isn't a 🤬 floating ring roof to cover the lower bowl and protect the expensive seats, while leaving the upper deck exposed? Surely the architects have seen the Jetsons.

Now see these are the important questions. Anyone got Raccuia on speed dial? 

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that the video board shows the bills celebrating in the ez in white jerseys when they are at the 20 in blue jerseys on the field?

And the scoreboard shows them beating the Jets when they are clearly playing the Patriots?

42 minutes ago, boyst said:

The one question I have is about the field house and training center. It's going to be pretty far away from the stadium. If possible and I am the Bills i'd almost build a tunnel to thenew stadium.

There already is a tunnel from the admin/fieldhouse buildings to the current stadium.  I think it shouldn't be too difficult to extend it to the new stadium. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.