All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that anyone but the Bills, and to a lesser extent, Rams, are options for OBJ. He doesn’t want a long-term commitment IMO. He wants to finish the year well, while playing important games. He wants to prove he’s healthy, and win another ring in the process. In the off-season he will try to chase a big deal. 

He and Von are best friends. There was an article on it not too long ago. I’d bet, that a deal has already been “agreed to” contingent on him hitting certain metrics with his recovery. He will join the Bills in the next few weeks and be ready for the home stretch and playoffs. If he’s healthy, that’s his best option. He knows that.

That could be interesting.  We will see how it plays out.

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that anyone but the Bills, and to a lesser extent, Rams, are options for OBJ. He doesn’t want a long-term commitment IMO. He wants to finish the year well, while playing important games. He wants to prove he’s healthy, and win another ring in the process. In the off-season he will try to chase a big deal. 

He and Von are best friends. There was an article on it not too long ago. I’d bet, that a deal has already been “agreed to” contingent on him hitting certain metrics with his recovery. He will join the Bills in the next few weeks and be ready for the home stretch and playoffs. If he’s healthy, that’s his best option. He knows that.

if kirby said it, then it is so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Just what we need, a two time limping ACL recovering pink hair WR who wants big money for 3 or 4 games....

Get ur done Beane 

we are liable to pay him hundreds of thousands for those 3 games! The horror, to help bolster our roster for a run.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:26 AM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

At what point are we just buying a championship? We don’t need OBJ. This isn’t the Miami Heat. 

Regardless of OBJ and the fact that football and basketball roster building are like night and day, did you feel the same way about the Von Miller signing?

On 10/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, Back2Buff said:

The is on his 2nd ACL injury. OBJ won't be near 100% this year at all.  I would say it is a long shot for him to be ready in Jan at 50%.  It makes ZERO sense to add someone who hasn't played all year into a playoff line up.

I personally think if OBJ was really in demand, he would have been signed by now.  I think everyone around the league can see the reality and its OBJ himself that is drumming up fake interest.

Legit point.

On 10/19/2022 at 2:36 PM, Bills2022 said:

Bills don't need a WR.  We are going to win the Super Bowl as long as we play our best football.  

What of the concerns from those saying that the Bills are one injury to a boundary receiver from having a serious problem?

On 10/20/2022 at 5:06 AM, Back2Buff said:

OBJ will not be 90% in Jan

The first ACL tear on same knee was 10/25/2020.  The next season, he did not play until 9/26/2021.  A full 11 months.

OBJ tore his ACL AGAIN 2/13/2022.  It could take a full year before he plays in a game this time around.

Good post... thank you.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:06 AM, Back2Buff said:

OBJ will not be 90% in Jan

The first ACL tear on same knee was 10/25/2020.  The next season, he did not play until 9/26/2021.  A full 11 months.

OBJ tore his ACL AGAIN 2/13/2022.  It could take a full year before he plays in a game this time around.

He returned to fully participating at training camp on Aug 25, which is 9 months.

9 months from 2/13 is 11/13, which would mean that he would be a full go for the end of the season and the playoffs.

1 hour ago, BrooklynBills said:

He returned to fully participating at training camp on Aug 25, which is 9 months.

9 months from 2/13 is 11/13, which would mean that he would be a full go for the end of the season and the playoffs.

That would be 10 months from 10/25.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That has been my thought and I think it will be relatively cheap to prove to the league that he is both healthy and productive while chasing a ring. Honestly I don't want anything more long term than that with OBJ. We have 20+ FA next year. I would rather reserve that money for keeping our own. OBJ is just a fail safe for depth and mismatches. 

Shannon and Skip were talking about living in KC, BUF, CLE etc vs. LA and NYC. I just don't see him signing a long term deal anywhere other than LA this year. 

I do think KC is on the table, but Buffalo has the inside line on this one. KC would be remiss not to propose to his agent that OBJ and a healthy secondary is worth 4 points against Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, hemma said:

IMO, Beane is much more likely to trade a player for picks than to trade for a player or bring in a Temp like OBJ.

Unlike the Rams, I’m hoping Beane’s looking beyond his nose to keep the Bills on top for many years.

I’m hoping that Beane sees a glorious opportunity to win something this franchise has never won and goes out and secures players he believes will get us there.

The late 80’s to mid 90’s Bills we were on top for many years. 

I want more. I want a Championship.

Now.

Edited by Beast

I got nothing against OBJ being a playoff rental.  There are conditions I think most of us would want to see met.

1.  Cleared by Dr's, passes physical.

2.  Work out is commensurate with where he should be physically.

3.  His money isn't stupid.

4.  Knows what his role will be.

This is the most important.  He is not going to replace Diggs and Davis.  He has to "outplay" the other WRs, and he has

to fill the role the Bills need him to play, not the other way around.  If Shakir is the #3 guy he has to live with it.

5.  All this has to happen inside a reasonable timeframe that will allow him to have a chance to bring his game up to speed in time.

The clock will start ticking soon.  It's up to him to get healthy in time to be a benefit to the Bills.

If KC wants to roll the dice earlier than it wise, that's up to them.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m hoping that Beane sees a glorious opportunity to win something this franchise has never won and goes out and secures players he believes will get us there.

The late 80’s to mid 90’s Bills we were on top for many years. 

I want more. I want a Championship.

Now.

Everyone wants that now, but spending the future for a possible return today is a gamble I am hoping he has the maturity to resist.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

What of the concerns from those saying that the Bills are one injury to a boundary receiver from having a serious problem?

There are no concerns. Other than Allen and Miller, the Bills can get through any injury on the roster. And the Miller injury still would not be impossible to overcome.  Bills are loaded everywhere.  

11 hours ago, hemma said:

IMO, Beane is much more likely to trade a player for picks than to trade for a player or bring in a Temp like OBJ.

Unlike the Rams, I’m hoping Beane’s looking beyond his nose to keep the Bills on top for many years.

OBJ is obviously the biggest name on the market, but does anyone actually know his progress recovering from his injury?  Is the guy even close to being able to practice?

Tre went down before he did and is just now getting ready to come back.  This is OBJ's second ACL injury.  Even if he does come back this year, is he going to be anywhere near 100%?  I just can't see it.

Like you, I'd much rather see a lesser known talent be brought it with the intention of keeping him rather than a big name rental not even close to full strength.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

OBJ is obviously the biggest name on the market, but does anyone actually know his progress recovering from his injury?  Is the guy even close to being able to practice?

Tre went down before he did and is just now getting ready to come back.  This is OBJ's second ACL injury.  Even if he does come back this year, is he going to be anywhere near 100%?  I just can't see it.

Like you, I'd much rather see a lesser know talent be brought it with the intention of keeping him rather than a big name rental not even close to full strength.

No one knows as far as I heard.  His first step is getting cleared by his Dr.'s to practice and then have teams give him a physical.

I have not heard when that may happen.  He had surgery on Feb 22.  His first ACL surgery took him 11 months to recover.

Adam Schefter said in September that he "wouldn't see the field" until Thanksgiving.  That is 9 months after his surgery.

NFL players returning from ACLs is generally 9-12 months. 

Like I said upthread.  Until he works out in Buffalo and has a physical all this is nothing but "click bait" to me.

If KC (or another team) want to sign him before that happens then go right ahead.  The Bills shouldn't take that chance.

Your point about other players is well taken.  I personally would be interested in him when he is healthy.  Then a process can start

as to whether or not to sign him.  Not before.

IMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

What’s his right/wrong ratio? 

Not sure but he broke the Jonnu Smith to NE news about 45 mins before Schefter did.

Also is claiming LA Rams are going to trade for Kareem Hunt for a 3rd round pick after this weeks games at the Tuesday deadline and that pick may have conditions attached to it...

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.