Trade Deadline Approaching

TFBillsfan

With the upcoming trade deadline November 1st, do you believe Beane and the Bills will stay the course or look to enhance the roster and make a move?

If so, what would you do? Who would you add and what would you give up? 

I most likely would hold as if the Bills can get healthy, they are wickedly deep. 

Edited by TFBillsfan

Just now, Big Turk said:

Let's trade for Baker Mayfield...I hear he is pretty pretty good... 🤣

J/K...has a high ankle sprain now and is out for a while...

According to Skip Bayless, Baker still has the "it" factor and the intangibles over Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Most years I can see scenarios where they could make moves. I know they can free up some money to make a move but I don’t think they will unless it’s a real emergency situation. 
I’m sure there’s gonna be a ton of CMC and Saquan chatter amongst fans, now somehow DJ Moore is being mentioned a lot.. But those are super unrealistic imo. Adding an established star level player on their second contract is probably not possible. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Starting to see Christian McCaffery to Buffalo rumors pop up again. I mean it would be an interesting trade but I’d rather add more to the O line. RBS are a dime a dozen position

Oddly we’ve drafted 3 of them in recent years and can’t seem to find one. 

I thought these guys grew on trees. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, eee1776 said:

We are 1.3 million under the cap. (spotrac) If the Bills do anything it will have to be way cap friendly. 

they’re saying if we trade for CMC then we’ll only be on the hook for 1.035 million and could release/restructure him in the spring and wouldn’t be on the hook for his 3 year 36 million guaranteed money that’s left on his current contract in Carolina

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

they’re saying if we trade for CMC then we’ll only be on the hook for 1.035 million and could release/restructure him in the spring and wouldn’t be on the hook for his 3 year 36 million guaranteed money that’s left on his current contract in Carolina

What do we do about his 17 injuries each season though? 

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Let's trade for Baker Mayfield...I hear he is pretty pretty good... 🤣

J/K...has a high ankle sprain now and is out for a while...

So the high ankle sprain is the deal-breaker for you? 

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

According to Skip Bayless, Baker still has the "it" factor and the intangibles over Josh Allen. 

Skippy Braynless when seeing Panthers losses:

Freak Out Crying GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Reality is, it’s all about the o line. I remember when an old beat up Darren McFadden rushed for 1,089 yards back in 2015. Its all about how you coach the Line and the schemes that the coaches design 

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I'm all for O line maybe some more depth at Safety. 

It still boggles my mind on how a O line can be so competent at pass protection and yet so MEH at run blocking.

2 completely different skill sets.  I guess.  

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Posters have been saying the same thing about guards.  If they are so easy to find, why can’t we find two above average guards?

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I'm all for O line maybe some more depth at Safety. 

It still boggles my mind on how a O line can be so competent at pass protection and yet so MEH at run blocking.

cbc kc GIF by Kim's Convenience

It’s because our RBs aren’t actually any good. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Starting to see Christian McCaffery to Buffalo rumors pop up again. I mean it would be an interesting trade but I’d rather add more to the O line. RBS are a dime a dozen position

I bet like Gilmore and Ramsey he'd get healthy real quick if he was traded to Buffalo.

Just now, mrags said:

What do we do about his 17 injuries each season though? 

Good question, that’s why if Carolina calls Beane back and asks him if he wants CMC I wouldn’t give them anything more than a late 5-7th round pick and would request that they restructure his contract before finalizing the deal because of his injury history. But it was reported before that we were talking to the panthers last offseason about getting CMC. Wouldn’t be shocked if those calls are being made again

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Carolina isn’t going to just give him away though. Would you give up multiple assets for a guy to cut him in the off-season? 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

So the high ankle sprain is the deal-breaker for you? 

Skippy Braynless when seeing Panthers losses:

Freak Out Crying GIF

Yeah, I mean can't trade for an injured player...other than that we could have just traded for Darnold instead 😅

Or maybe both for a 7th round pick in 2030

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Carolina isn’t going to just give him away though. Would you give up multiple assets for a guy to cut him in the off-season? 

No I wouldn’t. But it’s all up to Beane and company and whatever kind of deal they can work out. Like I said before They’ll probably ask/request that they restructure his contract before coming here

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m still waiting for the backup QB post 😎

Wait for next offseason lol

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

I've given up on Moss but Singletary does have talent and shows it when given opportunity. As a rookie you can't discount Cook yet. This line gets blown up constantly when they're in short yardage situations, even on JA17 designed runs. That's not on the RB. They're obviously better at pulling than pushing. Finesse over Power.

Edited by billsbackto81

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Reality is, it’s all about the o line. I remember when an old beat up Darren McFadden rushed for 1,089 yards back in 2015. Its all about how you coach the Line and the schemes that the coaches design 

Yup. Let’s just keep making excuses for the RBs. 

it’s so funny, this RB vs OL argument is really just the QB vs WRs argument that we’ve had for the last 20 years before Josh. 

back then it was 

Collins

Van Pelt

Flutie

Johnson

JP

Holcomb

Edwards

Fitz

EJ

Tuel

Orton

Taylor

would be pretty good if they actually had someone to throw to. 

Now we have the xxxx would actually be a good RB if they had a good line. 

fact is, when you get a good player you stop making excuses for other players. 

Edited by mrags
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

2 completely different skill sets.  I guess.  

When is an innovative coach gonna carry 3-4 OL who exclusively come in for short yardage run plays?  

You could make an argument that those run-only O-Linemen would be much more valuable than all the Special-Teams-only guys we carry.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I've given up on Moss but Singletary does have talent and shows it when given opportunity. As a rookie you can't discount Cook yet. This line gets blown up constantly when they're in short yardage situations, even on JA17 designed runs. That's not on the RB.

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

So yesterday, our "not any good" running backs had 11 carries for 80 yards with long runs of 23 and 24 yards[TD], the other 9 carries [some in garbage time] averaged 3.7 yards. Josh had 5 carries for 42 yards, including a couple of designed runs.  With our passing attack, how many teams will be stacking the box, no one wants to force us to throw.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If there's a good OG available,  I might kick the tires,  but chances are,  the value won't line up to make it worthwhile. 

This is what I would focus on. Even if Bills wait until the deadline they don't have enough cap space to acquire elite talent. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.