Trade Deadline Approaching

TFBillsfan

Just now, Dr. Football said:

Walk me through what a OBJ trade looks like 😂😂😂 seriously though I don’t think we make any trades, boring I know. 

OBJ is FA- free- and when we sign OBJ and win Super Bowl- and signs phat deal elsewhere- we get comp picks 

20 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m still waiting for the backup QB post 😎

well, someone *did* mention Baker…

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did Bates get injured for a second yesterday?  I swore I saw Bobby Hart out there for a series.

No, Hart came in a few times as an extra lineman, had to declare as eligible each time.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

So yesterday, our "not any good" running backs had 11 carries for 80 yards with long runs of 23 and 24 yards[TD], the other 9 carries [some in garbage time] averaged 3.7 yards. Josh had 5 carries for 42 yards, including a couple of designed runs.  With our passing attack, how many teams will be stacking the box, no one wants to force us to throw.

So…. You’re saying our OL wasn’t actually the problem yesterday? That our RBs for once actually had a decent day? 

37 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Most years I can see scenarios where they could make moves. I know they can free up some money to make a move but I don’t think they will unless it’s a real emergency situation. 
I’m sure there’s gonna be a ton of CMC and Saquan chatter amongst fans, now somehow DJ Moore is being mentioned a lot.. But those are super unrealistic imo. Adding an established star level player on their second contract is probably not possible. 

Whose contract is left that can be re worked? Beane has done a lot already. 

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Starting to see Christian McCaffery to Buffalo rumors pop up again. I mean it would be an interesting trade but I’d rather add more to the O line. RBS are a dime a dozen position

McCaffery is not coming to Buffalo with that contract. Counting Duke Johnson, Bills have  4 healthy backs. Maybe they have been holding Cook back....

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Reality is, it’s all about the o line. I remember when an old beat up Darren McFadden rushed for 1,089 yards back in 2015. Its all about how you coach the Line and the schemes that the coaches design 

My gawd I forgot about that!!!  Agree 110% it is the O line......

50 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

With the upcoming trade deadline November 1st, do you believe Beane and the Bills will stay the course or look to enhance the roster and make a move?

If so, what would you do? Who would you add and what would you give up? 

I most likely would hold as if the Bills can get healthy, they are wickedly deep. 

It seems like trade deadline is a huge topic here ever year and every year no move is ever made.  I don’t expect that to change this year.

The Giants have a shot at a wild card spot and they aren’t trading Barkley.

Carolina won’t give away McCaffrey for cheap and I don’t get the impression Beane wants to trade away a high pick for him.  

In the end, I don’t see any moves being made

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Whose contract is left that can be re worked? Beane has done a lot already. 

McCaffery is not coming to Buffalo with that contract. Counting Duke Johnson, Bills have  4 healthy backs. Maybe they have been holding Cook back....

According to Greg from Cover 1, the Bills can get McCaffrey for relatively cheap, but I don’t see the Bills making the move:

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

they’re saying if we trade for CMC then we’ll only be on the hook for 1.035 million and could release/restructure him in the spring and wouldn’t be on the hook for his 3 year 36 million guaranteed money that’s left on his current contract in Carolina

And 11.8 next year. No thanks.

The  Bills have 4 backs making that between them. Its not gonna happen. 

Allen's cap hit is huge next year and they have to discuss Edmunds,Poyer...

3 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

None of which is guaranteed. He could easily have his deal re-done or be traded again 

I don't understand why so many fans are apprehensive about acquiring elite talent and trying to become as good as possible for a SB run.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

None of the rest of that deal is guaranteed.  

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

None of which is guaranteed. He could easily have his deal re-done or be traded again 

I don't understand why so many fans are apprehensive about acquiring elite talent and trying to become as good as possible for a SB run.

Or flat out cut - you're trading for him for 1 year and you have the option basically to keep him again at that salary, or re-work the deal.  

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm all for O line maybe some more depth at Safety. 

It still boggles my mind on how a O line can be so competent at pass protection and yet so MEH at run blocking.

Probably answered your own question a bit.  

Bills are middle of the league investment on OL. 

In return, you can target above average pass pro/below average run blocking, vice-versa, or average at both players.  (in theory)

Maybe you get lucky and develop a hidden gem, but the guys who do both pass pro and run blocking at an elite level typically make a lot of money or are drafted early.  

Even then there is no guarantee.  Cinci is a prime example.   

Top pick Evan Neal was unplayable against Dallas.  

OL’s around the league are on the struggle bus.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Starting to see Christian McCaffery to Buffalo rumors pop up again. I mean it would be an interesting trade but I’d rather add more to the O line. RBS are a dime a dozen position

If they are a dime a dozen i want to get another dimes worth because to this point Motor is the only one the Bills have that has proven anything if we needed to depend on Moss then forget it & Cook could be developing 🙏 into a decent player .

But to say they are a dime a dozen i'm not with you on that who would you rather have the 3 that we have now or 1 Thurman Thomas on the team .

I don't know about you but 1 Thurman equal 12 regular backs any day of the week & a good running game has always been something that SB champs have they have at least one really good RB just go back & look at the last 5 to 10 SB champs & see who the RB's were & their contributions to the win .

This stable of backs the Bills have scare no defense in the NFL !! 

Then i just read what Breese Hall did for the Jets this last game i'm thinking 97 yds rushing & 100 yds receiving i'd like one of him over who we got in our backfield besides motor but that might just be me !! 

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.