TNF - Colts @ Broncos Game Thread

Simon

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

That’s somewhat of a red herring though. They know Ryan isn’t going to threaten them deep so they just need to stop the run and defend the short routes. Lord knows he’s not going to run.

Oh I'm speaking beyond this game. They have a great d line and elite secondary IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

That’s somewhat of a red herring though. They know Ryan isn’t going to threaten them deep so they just need to stop the run and defend the short routes. Lord knows he’s not going to run.

To be fair maybe Ryan ought to run.  He might get hit less by by fewer smaller guys

18 minutes ago, Buff the Cat said:

I know our O-line is not performing the best lately, but damn this game really gives one some perspective. Both O-lines in this game are playing horrible.  I mean, if you have less than 2 seconds to throw the ball, even really good QB's are going to struggle.

Imagine what their OL depth is

• Dislike 1

I have a friend who is a Broncos fan who swore up and down that all they needed was a qb.

While that was/is true, Denver fans also highly overrated their skill position players. Guys like Jeudy, Hamler, etc al are just names. The only guy who is actually a stud, Javonte Williams, is out for the season.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Denver has made several HC changes on the philosophy of “not good enough”, demonstrating the principle change isn’t always for the better

Or that their selection process is the problem?

exhibit A… Hackett 😂 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just now, buffblue said:

I have a friend who is a Broncos fan who swore up and down that all they needed was a qb.

While that was/is true, Denver fans also highly overrated their skill position players. Guys like Jeudy, Hamler, etc al are just names. The only guy who is actually a stud, Javonte Williams, is out for the season.

They lack a leader

15 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Only two things missing from this game … leather helmets and the coaches smoking cigars 

e593d-16613732193807-1920.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I watch just about every NFL game I possibly can. I set my alarm to be up at 6am for the London games (I live on the west coast). I usually watch even the least enticing Monday and Thursday games.

But THIS? This monstrosity of a game? I decided ahead of time not to subject myself to it. I haven’t watched a single snap. I’m a nice person, and I figured I didn’t deserve that kind of torturous boredom.

Based on the reactions on social media and in this thread, it looks like I made the right call.

And next week is Commanders-Bears?! Yeesh.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

All the NFL experts said the same thing as well.   Boy are they eating crow right now!!!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

If nothing else, the vaunted depth of the AFC is starting to be called into question. There's no one who even remotely worries me now except KC

Injuries worry me. They always have the potential to change everything. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, buffblue said:

WR Courtland Sutton is pretty darn good.  Denver's offense looks awful.  I think that was a popular opinion about the Broncos I.e. just needed a QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.