Bills testing new security screening at Highmark Stadium

SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Bills testing new security screening technology at entrance to Highmark Stadium
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/bills-testing-new-security-screening-technology-at-entrance-to-highmark-stadium/article_45542d82-35fb-11ed-a6f7-7b855deec6b7.html

For this game, the Bills will use Ceia Open Gate Technology that allows people to walk through security and to the ticket scanners before entering the stadium without emptying their pockets and having their bags checked.

The system screens everything on a person as they walk in, and the team continues to test different companies offering similar products.

Move as necessary if not thread worthy 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/bills-testing-new-security-screening-technology-at-entrance-to-highmark-stadium/article_45542d82-35fb-11ed-a6f7-7b855deec6b7.html

It's just an arms race they raise the security and the d*ldo stealth technology will soon follow.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Does this mean no more plastic bottles of Fireball on those 5 degree playoff games? That stuff kept me warm all night. 

No. It doesn detect them

Went to a wake game last year and had 3 cans of beer a piece on each person and the metal detector didn't go off on us.  Of course we entered the game with 8 minutes to go but still it was surprising that it didn't go off and 3 or 4 of us open carried throigh the checkpoint with cans of beer. But it didn't ding us at the detector for the cans

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

Just love being a Guinea Pig

30 years from now there will be a lawsuit and laywers advertising call this number regarding side effects of scanning including sleeplessness, alcoholism and manaic depression.  You will get coupons which expire in less than a year on full price items in Bills store while we collect the money.

I got a call from laywer firm telling me I need to reserve my rights from being on Camp Lejeune.  I told him I worked there for only a week and drank no water there.

4 hours ago, DrDare said:

You do know there was a time and place where everyone was sent through an X ray machine and hardly anyone inquired about it, right? You can laugh if you want but I will always ask.

Yes they used to use it make sure shoes fit right.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

No. It doesn detect them

Went to a wake game last year and had 3 cans of beer a piece on each person and the metal detector didn't go off on us.  Of course we entered the game with 8 minutes to go but still it was surprising that it didn't go off and 3 or 4 of us open carried throigh the checkpoint with cans of beer. But it didn't ding us at the detector for the cans

Stealth aluminum cans.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

any topic is 2 or 3 thread-worthy here...minimum!

• Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

30 years from now there will be a lawsuit and laywers advertising call this number regarding side effects of scanning including sleeplessness, alcoholism and manaic depression.  You will get coupons which expire in less than a year on full price items in Bills store while we collect the money.

Hell, I've had those side effects for 20 years watching the Bills play.

• Haha (+1) 1

They used a similar system at the State Fair this year.  People were still confused by it.  It did ding me one time, but I had nothing on me that they considered a weapon. The lady checking my backpack did ask if I had an animal in it, so I’m not sure if it also picks up small creatures?

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

30 years from now, you’ll be lucky to get to the game without being carjacked and killed.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

They used a similar system at the State Fair this year.  People were still confused by it.  It did ding me one time, but I had nothing on me that they considered a weapon. The lady checking my backpack did ask if I had an animal in it, so I’m not sure if it also picks up small creatures?

Well now I need to try to smuggle in a backpack full of hamsters.

6 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I think the link says they are testing it at gate 5 only, can't get by the subscribe option now, can anyone confirm?

The team will continue to test a new security screening system for the home opener Monday night against the Tennessee Titans at what is usually a busy Gate 5.

For this game, the Bills will use Ceia Open Gate Technology that allows people to walk through security and to the ticket scanners before entering the stadium without emptying their pockets and having their bags checked. The system screens everything on a person as they walk in, and the team continues to test different companies offering similar products.

• Like (+1) 1

were these things only at a specific gate?

My wife and I entered through Gate 2 and still had to put our keys and cell phone in the little tray/ramp thingy.

Wasn’t a big deal though… we entered at about 6:10 and lines were pretty much non-existent.  Very smooth entry.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.